• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changing Cvt Oil

sathyajithj99

Question

Yesterday I changed CVT oil of my axio be cause mileage was almost42k. I did it @ a srvice station. It only cost me 11,200 /= as it was toyota CVT oil. But before I went there I phoned Toyota lanka and asked how much does it cost for a CVT oil change. Their charge was 14,000/=. Are there any advantages doing it @ toyota lanka or is it just a waste of money. ( Also I gave the man who changed oil ,a 100 rupees :-))

24 answers to this question

Yesterday I changed CVT oil of my axio be cause mileage was almost42k. I did it @ a srvice station. It only cost me 11,200 /= as it was toyota CVT oil. But before I went there I phoned Toyota lanka and asked how much does it cost for a CVT oil change. Their charge was 14,000/=. Are there any advantages doing it @ toyota lanka or is it just a waste of money. ( Also I gave the man who changed oil ,a 100 rupees :-))

You've got to be kidding me!

Classic example of typical Toyota / Axio owner.

• Like 3

Shouldn't be an issue if the correct oil was used and the correct procedure was followed. However since CVT oil change is a bit tricky and as it is critical to use genuine Toyota CVT oil, a potential buyer will have peace of mind when you try to sell your car at some point if it was done at Toyota Lanka.

For 300 more, I would have gone to the main dealer, because you get a warranty with their work. My response would be different if there was a bigger difference in price.

Many auto transmissions have been ruined by monkeys not using the correct fluid, but also using ATF exchange machines incorrectly. To mitigate that I always go to the main dealer now, and to be honest the cost difference in negligible. For our HT51S Swift, the cost was 9400 at Pitstop (Same at the Suzuki A*W workshop adjacent but they did not have a free hoist).

What a cheapskate.

If the man whom u gave the 100 bucks saw this, im pretty sure he will give it back and give u another 100 himself.

• Haha 1

you know what? I asked them how much they get for a day' s work. It was 600/=. So 100 bucks is a big deal for them. It may be nothing for you. Anyway thanks for all replied to my problem.

Edited by sathyajithj99

you know what? I asked them how much they get for a day' s work. It was 600/=. So 100 bucks is a big deal for them. It may be nothing for you. Anyway thanks for all replied to my problem.

you-did-good-you-did-good.jpg

Edited by Bracket

Hmm. The guy who comes for garden work at my place gets 1,500 for a days work. So does the mason's helper.

Maybe some career change advise is in order with the 100/-?

You are most welcomed to do that. You seems to be good at that.

• Like 1

I'm sure almost everyone gives some sort of a tip when they get something done at the garage or at the service station. But nobody has ever gone in the internet and boasted about it. Are you that sort of a ret**d dips**t????

100 bucks to a Johnny who earns 600 per day is something, i'm with you on that, but what on earth made you think that we wanted to know that you gave him 100? Does it give a fizzing sensation to your balls?

• Like 1

I'm sure almost everyone gives some sort of a tip when they get something done at the garage or at the service station. But nobody has ever gone in the internet and boasted about it. Are you that sort of a ret**d dips**t????

100 bucks to a Johnny who earns 600 per day is something, i'm with you on that, but what on earth made you think that we wanted to know that you gave him 100? Does it give a fizzing sensation to your balls?

"the Annoying Guy", Do you really think I will boast about 100 rupees. You have no idea. lol. You are really annoying

You did. It's right up there. In your first post. It's either that or you're factoring that as an expense.

So which is it? We'll give you the pleasure of choosing your destiny so we may better direct our scorn.

Oh! big talk from 'Komi'. anyway I just mentioned it as an expense. I still can't believe you guys think that I would boast about 100 rupees. Are you that desperate?

Hey I'm not that one bragging about slipping 100/-'s into panties. What big talk?

Slipping 100s into panties. What ? you thought I went to change CVT oil to a strip club.lol. Come on man, it was a service station. There were no stripper for sure, except for an ugly looking girl at the cashier.lol

Jokes apart, get it serviced at the agents men. You know how our buggers have hernias when every bill doesn't have the agents name on it no? With the sort of market your car attracts, it's advisable for you to keep a squeaky clean service record. What you save by not going to agents will be lost with interest in the second hand value.

On 5/30/2014 at 6:47 AM, sathyajithj99 said:

Yes 100/- is good but  compared with what spent on oil and labour 400-500 for the poor guy would have been much better and would be a merit (පින්) to upgrade from damn Axio