• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Urgent - My Car Crashed - One Lady Knocked Me -Hafoi

ColomboRox

MY car - VITS 2008 - right side with doors

palace -27th - at D R wijewardana mawatha.

I was in left lane that lady was in right lane and he car has gone up in the middle gutter in the road and hit one of the road blocker(concrete) and it jumped on to my car that was in left lane.(she damaged to the government properties)

My car was damaged with it cost 104000.250(got a estimation from Arabian motors)

My question is ARABIAN motors are ok for fix this or is that good to go to TOYOTA LANKA?

MY car - VITS 2008 - right side with doors

palace -27th - at D R wijewardana mawatha.

I was in left lane that lady was in right lane and he car has gone up in the middle gutter in the road and hit one of the road blocker(concrete) and it jumped on to my car that was in left lane.(she damaged to the government properties)

My car was damaged with it cost 104000.250(got a estimation from Arabian motors)

My question is ARABIAN motors are ok for fix this or is that good to go to TOYOTA LANKA?

Just how bad was the damage? There's no way anyone can know whether the estimate was accurate or anything else without knowing what the damage was like.

did you got the estimate approved from insurance company? Once the insurance company approved your estimate, they will not pay any additional money for 2nd place that you carry out your repair. If you want to give it to Toyota Lanka, get and estimate from them. However I don't think Toyota Lanka will do better job than a place with good workmenship.

• 1 month later...

usually insurance tends to not fully pay for Toyota Lanka. they fix a price after their inspection/assessment and are happy to pay you a cheque (not sure if this is normal) Toyota Lanka quotes much higher so you`ll have to agree on the difference. but their jobs are as good as a garage because they have all the information/ parts you need. you have to weigh the pros and cons.

take for an example a buffer in newer cars which are made from something slightly stronger than cardboard lol. if that gets knocked and IF taken to toyota lanka they throw it away and fix a new one - but a local garage would get it fixed/smoothed out (or get a new one painted with the paint matched to better suite your vehicle) and still agree to do some other work necessary for the same insurance payout (for which they quote higher to compensate) i`ve seen cases where toyota lanka fits in a brand new buffer and in different light conditions it doesn't match the vehicle (due to clear coat wear etc etc) wont happen in a garage cause you`ll be the judge taking to the garage owner/mechanic instead of reading magazines in an AC room. best if you speak to people who are knowledgeable about the process and insurance companies to get whats best for you and not dance to the insurance companies tunes.

• Like 1