• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ebay - Home Security System

bagUrE

Same thing is available at Micro Systems, First Cross Street Pettah for about 20K. They will do the programming for you and it comes with a year's warranty.

If you are not concerned too much about the cost saving, I suggest buying it locally.

Edited by Crosswind

If it is from China and you are going to import directly here, I would still think twice.

Reason is I have bad experience on importing hard disks as well as some baby monitor imports where they listed very cheap prices but it never get in to me. and also they shipped something else other than correct product.

Later i had to reclaim amounts through ebay buyer protection.

Got a couple down from alibaba few years back. First one came via DHL and they charged about 2k for custom clearance. Next time ordered two units and it came via some other not well known courier and I got massive 15k fee for clearance. I suspect that it got classified as a commercial item. If you order only one unit, I guess you'd be just fine.

Thanks for the info.

Crosswind:

Are you talking about Microzone in Pettah? Couldn't find Micro Systems there...

Aravinda:

Yes I've faced such a situation too. Thanks for the advice.

Elnino:

I thought of importing two sets at once. One for me and one for a friend. I will reconsider that if I am to order this.

Yes checked with them [011-2333396]

10,000/- for the base system with 1 wireless door sensor and 1 motion sensor.

Additional motion sensor: 1500/-

Additional door sensor: 600/-

So it is close to your estimate.

Supports upto 24 sensors

Comes with warranty.

Does your one have a separate siren? or is it built into the main unit.

In the above mentioned one, it is built into the main unit as they said. May be not loud enough...

Siren is built in to the control box. its loud enough for an average house. If you need the whole neighborhood to wake up, you can add a speaker.

the wireless door sensor is practically useless. it only alerts if someone tries to come through the door. Motion sensors are more useful.