• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Three Letter Registration Numbers

bagUrE

A friend of mine is trying to get a 3 letter numberplate for his newly imported Aqua.

Now the charges are 50k for CAA, 60k for CAB and 70k for CAC, as he told me.

When he asked about this, I did not agree to it as a good idea. But his point is that it would increase the resale value even after 4-5 years.

What do you guys think?

Thats just right.

What I told him also was to go on with the ongoing KX series and keep the car in topping condition. So then it would hold its value and will be easier to sell.

Anyway he has the manufacturing year info to prove the actual age ne

Some people just see the number plate and buy. Personally I do not believe in number plate or the mileage on odometer but the mechanical and body condition. Also it is must to have a service history to show that the car is well taken care of. However, with a CAC number, will your friend be able to sell it 70k higher than the market price of the car in 4-5 years with older manufacturing year compared to other CAC numbered cars?

Exactly Nishan. I also follow a similar approach when buying a used vehicle.

But there are people who would buy a vehicle without thinking much about the mech/body/running condition just because it holds a TOYOTA badge or a new number plate.

My friend is rather expecting a 150k-200k margin over a same age car with KX plates (in 5 years) :speechless-smiley-003:

Edited by bagUrE

A friend of mine is trying to get a 3 letter numberplate for his newly imported Aqua.

Now the charges are 50k for CAA, 60k for CAB and 70k for CAC, as he told me.

When he asked about this, I did not agree to it as a good idea. But his point is that it would increase the resale value even after 4-5 years.

What do you guys think?

Why is the Reg no so important more than the car condition to some? Unless you want a specific number to reflect your car make/model or engine size.

and Why is he thinking of resale value even before registering the car and having fun driving it?

One of my friends went the other way round by taking a CAA instead of a CAB no :) wonder how many people would want COC on their plates..

Lately I had to face this same decision. To go with KX plates or pay 70k for a 3 letter number. I went with the KX plates and spent the 70k to buy a JVC player for the car. At least this way I would get a direct use of the money I spent. (Plus, can you imagine the number of additional things I can put in the car sale ad when i'm selling it? DVD/TV/Bluetooth/MP3/USB/SD/MMC/JPEG/WAV/WMA/50x4 - basically i can put every little feature in the players box as a feature of the car!)

There are two sides to this though. I was tempted to go for a three letter number because that was a completely new range. In the weird SL car market this may have enabled me to sell the car at a higher price later and maybe profit from the 70k I spent. So maybe in SL, going for a 3 letter number from a two letter might be worth it. But I see no point of paying extra to buy CAB or CAC ranges instead of just getting CAA (unless you can get the BAT range which is badass and makes you feel like Batman).

@OP, your friend can easily increase the selling price of the car by putting the following in the ad when he's selling it. This should cover up for not having a 3 letter plate:

Immaculate or mint condition

Company maintained

First owner

Engineer/Doctor/Lady driven or "used by a professional"

THIS IS THE HIGHEST GRADE AQUA AVAILABLE AND THERE ARE MAYBE ONLY TWO OTHER CARS IN SL WITH THE SAME SET OF OPTIONS

Personally imported from JAPAN

All original documents available

JAAI,

“FLOOD CLEARANCE” CERTIFICATE,

Digital meters

Many Options & Accessories Available

superb interior, body and running condition.

carefully used in home. or Sparingly used and maintained at Toyota Lanka.

showroom condition.

Genuine remote key

100% accident free

VERY LARGE SPECIOUS CABIN

ORIGINAL FLOOR MAT

Also make sure to include every little feature of the car as something unique to this vehicle. Do not forget winker mirrors, welcome lights, tail light washers and stuff. Put things like Hybrid Synergy Drive, Hybrid Powertrain etc. for added effect.
MUST SEE

and the list goes on...

Sadly, I copied most of the stuff above from ads in the first couple of pages of Autolanka. That's how retarded the car market in SL is..

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 6

Lol ramishka that was a hoot! I remember when I advertised my EK, i said "concourse condition"

People called to ask what that is. Why it's not "mint" condition and what was wrong.

Possibly because a Concourse is something you would find at an airport, railway station, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concourse