• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Oil Level Reduces And White Smoke After Overhaul

buddhi

Question

I have done a overhaul to my KE72 engine around 5 months ago through a reputed company. All the engine related work done by Edirisinghe Brothers. After that I have drove only 3500 km up to now.

Now I experience,

- Oil level reduces

- White smoke in high RPM

I have informed to the company where the repair has done. As I expected they are complaining about the spares I used (I bough 90% of the parts from MM Organization) they say they might have given me duplicates.

Please share your ideas with me.

48 minutes ago, ajm said:

yes,the orig. oil cooler is connected to the oil system. Not sure if it is working or not though..

If it is connected (and not bypassed) then it should work or you would get an oil pressure alarm. You will have to refer the issue back to those who did the overhaul and seek a solution from them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

will have to refer the issue back to those who did the overhaul and seek a solution from them.

naturally the mechanics are saying they did everything right,I was looking for some experts opinion before re-opening the engine again as they suggest. So I should start with the valve seals then? Do you know of any mechanics who have the endoscopic camera to look inside the cylinder without opening the head. I have seen at some workshops in middle east,but not sure if its a reliable method.

11 hours ago, ajm said:

naturally the mechanics are saying they did everything right,I was looking for some experts opinion before re-opening the engine again as they suggest. So I should start with the valve seals then? Do you know of any mechanics who have the endoscopic camera to look inside the cylinder without opening the head. I have seen at some workshops in middle east,but not sure if its a reliable method.

Just remove the valve cover. it's healed in place by two bolts in the 3K engine if I remember  correctly.

On 09/04/2017 at 3:47 PM, Ruchira88 said:

Hi mchg 

Going to do that after auwrudu

hi mchg

mechanic checked the engine and the problem was that my oil valve seal are worn out . and he asked me to replace  the piston rings , bearings and the head gasket as well. Bought parts from toyota lanka . hopefully no more white smoke after this 

3 hours ago, Ruchira88 said:

oil valve seal are worn out . and he asked me to replace  the piston rings ,

so the real problem is with the valve seals but he also asked to replace the rings?

Do you see more smoke when accelerating after some Idling time(Low RPM) or more at High load(High RPM)?

Edited by ajm

Yes . Ayway my car has done 215Km so he asked me to replace to piston rings aswell .Even i thought the problem is with the rings and the head . Luckily head is good and no need to bore . So i was more than happy to replace the rings and head gasket

• Like 1