• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Road From Kandy To Balangoda

anonymous

Recently I took the road from Kandy -> Kegalle -> Ruwanwella -> Avissawella -> Ratnapura -> Pelmadulla -> Balangoda. That time road was so pretty bad from Kegalle to Avissawella as the road constructions were going on. Do not really know the current situation of that route.

There is another route which u can take from Gampola, Nawalapitiya, Ginigathhena, Hatton -> Balangoda, but I have never tired that.

Kandy > Hatton > Ginigathhena > Kithulgala > Balangodaroad can recomend you. i used it in january.

also you can use kandy > colombo road warakapola > Ruwanwella > avissawella road as well

Kandy Avissawella road via Kegalle is pretty bad to drive few months back. dont know how it is now.

try hatton balangoda road through bogawanthalawa.. you will never regret...the hatton- bogawanthalawa road is 60% good in shape..typical estate road.. and then the bogawanthalawa - balangoda road..road condition 90% good...I would say its the best scenic road i have traveled in sri lanka ..you will need around 2hrs to travel the 40 kms ..

caution - always be alert on bends when there is an oncoming vehicle..specially buses..

5duqgy.jpg

Edited by TheClutch
  • Like 4

Kandy > Hatton > Ginigathhena > Kithulgala > Balangodaroad can recomend you. i used it in january.

also you can use kandy > colombo road warakapola > Ruwanwella > avissawella road as well

Kandy Avissawella road via Kegalle is pretty bad to drive few months back. dont know how it is now.

Kandy - Awissawella road was in very bad shapre due to slow constructions work. Better avoid it.

Next best option is Hatton - Ginigathhenda road. However there are lot of bends and climbs. Trip will be slower but roads are fine.

Final option is Going to Warakapola (Pasyala Juction) Atthanagalla, Hanwella, and Highlevel road, then go to Awissawella.