• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Car For 10M

viraj Wickramaarachchi

Question

Hello everyone. Im a young car enthusiasts. I'm planning to buy a car for a 10m budget. I am stuck between a 2012 or 13 bmw 520d m sport and 2010 or 2011 mercedes Benz e200 amg. I greatly appreciate your valuable comments.

Why not get a petrol M sport? Or if you have the patience wait for the face lifted F10 M sport.

Hello everyone. Im a young car enthusiasts. I'm planning to buy a car for a 10m budget. I am stuck between a 2012 or 13 bmw 520d m sport and 2010 or 2011 mercedes Benz e200 am

g. I greatly appreciate your valuable comments.

e

well if you are a car enthusiast then opting for the M sport 520D or the merc E200 AMG will not serve your purpose as both of them are just kitted version of the normal diesel sedans. If you are really in to action go for a petrol F10 or an AMG tuned prefacelift e class.

I woul also consider a Sub legacy for that price.

what about an alfa? i mean completely leave the status quo? wha2t are your requirements from the car? the orthodox, or unorthodox?

komi machang , are u referring to the guiletta? Even one of my friend is crazy over that babe? Are there any cars already imported to SL ?

I guess. I meant any Alfa. There are a couple of guiliettas here. I've seen a red one and I think there's a silver one too. I've seen a brera-faced sedan on 18" alloys driven by a smoking hot chick. Made me reasses my life, that.

I have seen 2 Guiliettas, a red one and a black (maybe dark grey) one very recently.

The new Giulia seems very interesting with RWD, but have to wait till 2015

Giulietta is available for permit @5.9mill i think. Overpriced, if u ask me. Underneath all tht looks, its a turbocharged fiat punto after all

Under that same reasoning machan, an Audi is just a fancy VW, etc etc!

Edited by rayman

why not try a rangerover evoque ? i know the place is infested with many of these from permits, but its a real pleasure to drive these. quite good !

again the evoque is a dressed up freelander. If u read the spec sheet side by side it is clear. I have driven the LRD4 and RR sports. Evoque is nowhere near.

Why not a Peugeot 508? guess its missing only 1 feature from fully loaded, if i remember right its the leather seats

or you can go for the VW Passat.

The BMW F10 is all over the place these days

I wonder whether the Crown would fit into the 10mil budget

Edited by Magnum

Why not a Peugeot 508? guess its missing only 1 feature from fully loaded, if i remember right its the leather seats

or you can go for the VW Passat.

The BMW F10 is all over the place these days

I wonder whether the Crown would fit into the 10mil budget

The new crown is around 11 million and it's a very good car with many luxury features. But I guess it won't be as exciting as the European cars in terms of driving.

And why hasn't anyone discussed the Jag XF. I personally haven't driven one but it looks like a good car to me.

The new crown is around 11 million and it's a very good car with many luxury features. But I guess it won't be as exciting as the European cars in terms of driving. And why hasn't anyone discussed the Jag XF. I personally haven't driven one but it looks like a good car to me.

It looks wicked man!

1300769A20131125W00111.jpg

True that. Some of Toyota's new cars look great compared to the previous models. But again I don't think it will be fun in terms of driving because it is meant to drive smoothly and comfortably. It has got a lot of power but you just don't get the excitement you get when you floor the pedal like you get in a few European cars.

But however, I think the Crown Athlete is meant to be a bit more sporty but I personally haven't driven one. I have only driven the royal saloon.

• Like 1

True that. Some of Toyota's new cars look great compared to the previous models. But again I don't think it will be fun in terms of driving because it is meant to drive smoothly and comfortably. It has got a lot of power but you just don't get the excitement you get when you floor the pedal like you get in a few European cars. But however, I think the Crown Athlete is meant to be a bit more sporty but I personally haven't driven one. I have only driven the royal saloon.

Drove the previous version's Athlete and Royal Saloon. They are pretty powerful but you simply don't get the same rush and edginess of the Euros. You are right they are setup to be more on the comfy side and the Athlete was a bit more firmer than the RS.

There are also some fun versions of the Mark X as well but that of course falls in a lower category than the likes of the Crown. If Japanese brands are an option there would be Lexus as well ? Heard good things about the IS (well more better things than the previous model).

Then again, if you would consider an Audi to be a dressed up VW then a Toyota is still a Toyota and a Lexus...well I guess you can still think of it as a Toyota.

Haven't looked deeply in to any of the new Audis. Although it might share a lot from VW aren't they tweaked in anyway compared to a VW ?

Drove the previous version's Athlete and Royal Saloon. They are pretty powerful but you simply don't get the same rush and edginess of the Euros. You are right they are setup to be more on the comfy side and the Athlete was a bit more firmer than the RS.

There are also some fun versions of the Mark X as well but that of course falls in a lower category than the likes of the Crown. If Japanese brands are an option there would be Lexus as well ? Heard good things about the IS (well more better things than the previous model).

Then again, if you would consider an Audi to be a dressed up VW then a Toyota is still a Toyota and a Lexus...well I guess you can still think of it as a Toyota.

Haven't looked deeply in to any of the new Audis. Although it might share a lot from VW aren't they tweaked in anyway compared to a VW ?

When you consider VW and Audi, they obviously share a lot of components, and technology, but VW have been careful to separate the two brands so they appeal to different market. So while Audi is a VW, you cannot compare the Passat to the A4, or the A3 to the Golf. The Audi is definitely more premium brand, and this is reflected particularly in the suspension, engine and interior which is an Audi speciality (and here it pips the BMW).

Well Just asking Cz I haven't driven a E class. Is it as Exciting as the 5 series in terms of acceleration and cornering feel.. the 5 series just jumps out when the throttle is kicked

The Mercedes and the 5 Series is somewhat aimed at the same market, but for people with a different mind set. The E class is a Gentleman's cruiser, which accelorates well but effortlessly, and without any jerks or shudders and the suspension is soft enough to iron out any imperfections of the road. This is the Mercedes USP.

The 5 series is a lot sharper so the suspension is not as soft and the car feels more responsive and appeals to drivers who want to feel connected to the road. That a BMW USP.