• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On Toyota Corolla 141

4DR5

Hi,

I need to understand the following information about Toyota Corolla 141 2007/2008 model

1. Driving comfortabiltiy

2. Performance

3. fuel consumption

4. maintenance cost

5. re-saleabilty

6. general known defects of 141 2007/2008 model

Please help.

4DR5

This is compared to similar vehicles (Honda Civic/ Lancer/ Mazda 3)

1. Driving comfortabiltiy - Good

2. Performance - Good

3. fuel consumption - Average 8-9 city 10-16 out

4. maintenance cost - Only service

5. re-saleabilty - Can sell at right price

6. general known defects of 141 2007/2008 model - None

checked but couldn't find helpful information

Dude, you havent searched enough,

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13835-corolla-141/

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/4536-corolla-141-fuel-economy/

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10714-toyota-corolla-141/

141 current market price is 2.9m to 3.2m

From what I've heard the fuel consumption is around 7-8kmpl in the city and 10-12kmpl out station.

Maintenance cost is not much, parts are freely available.

imo its a good spacious car with average performance.

• Like 1

it is better to buy relatively newer 141 at lower price rather than buying highly overpriced 121

I also agree. 121 could be a economical and reliable car, but most of them are over 10 years old and they have a price tag of 2.8m to 3.4m, thats outrageous!

• Like 1

I hear the Axio is a bit more fuel economical owing to its 1.5L engine (vs the 1.6 engine of brand new imports). Can someone confirm.

I too have heard that Axios do something like 15-17kmpl under normal driving. However my dad has a 2007 Axio and it does around 11-12kmpl only. Replaced spark plugs, engine tunups and other stuff but AFAIK fuel consumption is still 11-12kmpl. Would like to see what another Axio owner has to say.

On the topic, one of my closest friends own a 141 Corolla (2007 model with 1.6 engine as i know), and i havent heard him complain. I can second the comment by Kush, except that from what I know the resale value is taking a downward turn esp for a Corolla.

I hear the Axio is a bit more fuel economical owing to its 1.5L engine (vs the 1.6 engine of brand new imports). Can someone confirm.

Yes, Don you are correct.

My father own an Axio G Grade (manufactured in 2010, odo - 36000km).

Few times we checked fuel economy by full tank - drive - full tank method.

Believe me, twice we could achieve 22km/l for long distance drive (without unnecessary acceleration / when drive under 2000rpm Eco light gets on) I guess this is due to CVT.

But city driving it gives around 12km/l.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Yep, if u need to go for a corolla, 141 is definitely a good car. Very comfi and well priced compared to crazy prices of 121. Fuel consumption is slightly low compared to other corollas. Comparatively, Axio does better on fuel, but also comes with a higher price tag! But don't u reckon there are better lookin, less boring cars in the likes of lancers n axelas in the same price range?

Yep, if u need to go for a corolla, 141 is definitely a good car. Very comfi and well priced compared to crazy prices of 121. Fuel consumption is slightly low compared to other corollas. Comparatively, Axio does better on fuel, but also comes with a higher price tag! But don't u reckon there are better lookin, less boring cars in the likes of lancers n axelas in the same price range?

Talking about fuel consumption the 2014 Corolla is equipped with DVVT 1.8L & CVT transmission which claims 12.3 KM per liter (29mpg) in City and 16.1 KM per liter (38mpg) highway. So i believe this would go head to head with Axio. But i don't think the suspension is as comfortable as Axio or JDM vehicles. Also to note that 2014 Corolla has a version called LE ECO which claims 12.7 KM per liter (30mpg) in City and 17 KM per liter (40mpg) highway. Keep in mind this is not a hybrid version which has same DVVT 1.8L & CVT transmission.

But the prices may be too high for 2014 Corolla compared to what you get out of it. I think should be worth to buy 2007/2008 Corolla with lesser price, low insurance (compared to Axio) but high fuel cost (compared to Axio) and may be a Axio would be better if you plan to use it daily is fuel is concerned.

Kmeeg.

But the prices may be too high for 2014 Corolla compared to what you get out of it. I think should be worth to buy 2007/2008 Corolla with lesser price, low insurance (compared to Axio) but high fuel cost (compared to Axio) and may be a Axio would be better if you plan to use it daily is fuel is concerned.

Also 141 and 141 axio X grade price deference is like 2-3 laks now. If you really really need a corolla and fuel effishancy then the axio would be the choice.

1. Driving comfortabiltiy - good

2. Performance - good

3. fuel consumption - 9-10 city 12-16 outstation(with AC), well all depend on your driving, the way accelerate and brake.

4. maintenance cost - less. service

5. re-saleabilty - Good.

6. general known defects of 141 2007/2008 model - Not known. I have been using for 4 years and so far no issues. 2008 model

I wanna upgrade, only reason may be want to have more fuel economy but except hybrids not sure which one I should go for. One thing I know by experience is don't ever fall for Doc used/agent maintained, find a good car with carefully used and owner has a good knowledge about the car.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Talking about fuel consumption the 2014 Corolla is equipped with DVVT 1.8L & CVT transmission which claims 12.3 KM per liter (29mpg) in City and 16.1 KM per liter (38mpg) highway. So i believe this would go head to head with Axio. But i don't think the suspension is as comfortable as Axio or JDM vehicles. Also to note that 2014 Corolla has a version called LE ECO which claims 12.7 KM per liter (30mpg) in City and 17 KM per liter (40mpg) highway. Keep in mind this is not a hybrid version which has same DVVT 1.8L & CVT transmission.

Kmeeg.

That's in America... None of what you mentioned is available in the 2014 Corolla we get brand new here. The engine is the same old 1.6 and the transmission is the ancient 4 speed auto. Even if the specs mentioned were available, fuel figures quoted for the US market are in no way relevant to SL conditions.

Edited by Supra_Natural

That's in America... None of what you mentioned is available in the 2014 Corolla we get brand new here. The engine is the same old 1.6 and the transmission is the ancient 4 speed auto. Even if the specs mentioned were available, fuel figures quoted for the US market are in no way relevant to SL conditions.

Oh i'm sorry.. I just search the specs for 2007/2008 Toyota Corolla in US market and noticed that they are all 1.8L. I was thinking that all new Corolla's are coming with 1.8L DVVT engine except for JDM's. Extremely sorry guys for posting without searching properly.. :(

Hi,

I just check the new corolla in 'Toyota Lanka' site and the body looks like 2012/2013 Corolla and It does not say what engine it has but the Transmission looks like its CVT. It has the gear positions of P - R - N - D and then S + & - with steering shift + & -.

Just for info - Here in US the 2014 corolla body looks different than 2007 - 2013 Corolla models. And the gear positions with 2014 CVT ones are P - R - N - D and then M + & -, with steering shift + & -. Here in US upto 2013 Corolla it had the old 4 speed auto gear box with gear positions P - R - N - D - 3 - 2 -L.

For me the new model available in SL looks good assuming it has a CVT gear box which could give better mileage some where close to the Axio (Just a guess).

Some images to compare -

Link from Toyota Lanka - http://www.toyota.lk/cars/corolla/photo-gallery/

Link from a Toyota dealer where i live - http://www.mountainstatestoyota.com/new/Toyota/2014-Toyota-Corolla-Denver-CO-7b6415310a0a0049315ffdd0803cd9f2.htm

KMeeg.

Okay...so just came across this thread and have no idea why the new Corolla is being compared with a 141 but...don't go with the pics on the TL site....they are known to get pics from all over the place and just stick it in there.

With the E140 series only the variants with the 1.8 and 2.0 litre gasoline engines were offered with a CVT gearbox (even that only after the facelift and a complete engine swap). The 1.6 came with the an old fashioned 4-Speed auto gear box (in some places a 4 Speed Super ECT A/T). I would reckon that most of the cars sold in Sri Lanka were the 1.6 variants....

• 1 month later...

Hey any one know what are the deference between the 2012/13 corolla 141 and 2007/08 141?

I got this info from an old thread about 141s,

the 2012 comes with 1.6 L 1ZR-FE (124 bhp) with Dual VVTI
The old one came with the 16.L 3ZZ-FE (110bhp) with VVTI

Should be more fuel effishant with Dual VVTI? apart from that does the 2012 come with CVT?

The 2012 looks better than the old one and has clear lens tail lights. Dont know much about the interior. Same ones were bought down for the CHOGM. Remember some one saying they are all assembled in Pakistan?

• 4 years later...
11 hours ago, Tharaka Athukorala said:

Has toyota corolla 141(2008) eco mode?

Yes it has to be programed to the brain of the driver.

Once done it will not allow any hard acceleration, predictive driving not braking at the last moment in traffic.

word of caution though it can appear to the following traffic that you are a moron in a hybrid (thel higanna)