• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Spare Parts For 2002 Lancer Cs1

s.madura

Machan sad news to hear in the new year. Hope you are ok and that is what matters the most. About the parts and the prices quoted, they are very reasonable except for the radiator. I believe Davy bought a one for a lesser amount. He posted the price on a thread I can't remember which one, but if you do a little search you'd be able to find it.

Try US auto and Euronippon as well. US always quotes cheaper than Euronippon. Here are the numbers of US wadduwa. 0772 282238 038 2284444.

I do not recommend replacing the parts which are not damaged, especially the radiator. If the ones you have are in good condition better to stick with them.

On a side note, I'm yet to figure out how the impact damaged you bumper and hood without damaging either the radiator or head lamps.

P.s check your in box as well.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Gotta appreciate the fact that you admitted your fault although I'm not exactly sure if the bus driver could have avoided it if he came slow. Anyway, what's done is done and there's no point in talking about it. What's important is getting your car back into shape and as original.

The prices Mahinda has quoted seem to be reasonable. He has a tendency to quote high prices for parts that he knows are rare and are expensive outside. Last time I checked, he didn't have radiators with him and I had to look elsewhere to get hold of one. He might be trying to source one for you keeping a cut for himself. I got mine from a place near Bellanthara junction and it cost me 18,000 or so (this was last year). 22,000 is not bad and maybe you can do a bit of bargaining with the fellow, cause you're buying such a lot of parts from him.

As trinity said, try to call US Aut0 P@rts and Euron!pp0n and see if you can get them for lower prices. I can guarantee that you can find all the parts at Delkanda, cause I've seen thee or four Lancer CS half cuts in the area (last week).

I replaced a the radiator on my CS1 due to a leak once and remember checking out brand new (malaysian) ones at Dai Lanka at Delkanda. But I went and bought a recon one later from another place (Vikasitha Enterprises). And that was of a Cedia and I had to switch the bottom plastic cover from the old one to this one as they didn't match. Just giving you heads up so that you can avoid the pitfalls when buying recon stuff for the CS1. Good luck.

Thanks Trinity. I'll check with them as well.

Collision didn't happen face to face. Driver of the bus was able to avoid it by taking the bus to the opposite lane as it was clean at the time and stopped the bus missing the front of the car just by 1 or 2 feet. but then came the collision. though movement of the front of the bus stopped, sudden stop and the steep turn of it kept the back of the bus dragging further (li'l bit like drifting) and i believe somewhere near the rear door might have hit the car making an angular impact. even i felt and was expecting a much bigger damage .

Thanks Davy. yeah now that is done and need to get car back into shape.

I went to his yard today and checked each and every part except the buffer and felt that all the parts are in good nick (except headlights as I have no idea how to determine whether its good or not). He told me that he nearly keeps a cut of 3000-4000 for him self from each part and if i buy them together he is only going to have a cut of 5000-6000 from the while lot. However I'll check with above other places as well.

do you know what is the exact place or side near Delkanda that you saw those? i can go and have a look as i'm staying near by Delkanda.

There were two CS fronts in the shops opposite Sujatha Balika and the fuel station next to it. One was a white one with a different grill (haven't seen that grill on any CS here). The headlights were terribly discoloured in this one. The other was greenish silver and had pretty much everything you wanted (except the hood I think).

I might have seen more, but don't remembere where exactly. You'll definitely spot them if you do a run from Gansabha junction to Kottawa.

I replaced a the radiator on my CS1 due to a leak once and remember checking out brand new (malaysian) ones at Dai Lanka at Delkanda. But I went and bought a recon one later from another place (Vikasitha Enterprises). And that was of a Cedia and I had to switch the bottom plastic cover from the old one to this one as they didn't match. Just giving you heads up so that you can avoid the pitfalls when buying recon stuff for the CS1. Good luck.

Yeah, some radiators came with ATF oil lines as well but they can be plugged off as far as I remember. Good point though, it's better to buy one without the oil lines to avoid having to swap the tank.

Looks like you've got a really good deal. Glad the car is back on the road. The engine cross bar you replaced is the upper bar that goes from one fender to the other with the hood release mechanism attached to it? If that's the one, 2500 is damn cheap! You also said that its not genuine, where did you get this from? Interesting!

Waiting for photos too.

Looking good! Looks almost like my car from the front now. :)

Thanks. hahaha yeah actually I was looking for a CS3 same as yours but couldn't find any on those days as it was a rare car

I've seen this car. hahaha :D

@NRX where have you seen it machan? :)

Thanks. hahaha yeah actually I was looking for a CS3 same as yours but couldn't find any on those days as it was a rare car

@NRX where have you seen it machan? :)

Office :P

Ah now only saw the update. Great stuff mate. Really happy to see the car in great shape. With the spoiler it's really looking great. Almost Exact twin of Davy's car.

And seeing the bumper, well it made me bit imotional. Glad that it served you well though. Thank you for sharing the photos machang........

Holy shit man, i really don't understand how I'm gonna make up my mind to sell my car one day!

• 5 months later...

Sorry about your accident s.madura, :speechless-smiley-019:

Sadly same thing happened to my lancer CS3. I had similar accident recently, super duper trishaw driver who was overtaking me from left side had my attention for a second until I hit the Terrios SUV who has suddenly braked right in front of me. The road was muddy doe to non-ending development in country.

So it happened. I hit right there on to the metal spare wheel cover and my bonnet was damaged along with the AC condenser, slight leak in radiator, crack in inner lens in head light and a small bump on the front bumper.

Still the car is being fixed at garage, luckily I was covered with insurance.

Hey Madura,

Yes, it's being repaired but will not be able to get going with Genuine parts from agents (insurance not supporting that since my car is 5+ years old / 2008 build). Need to check my ABS system as well coz I'm not sure whether they worked fine in muddy condition at the crash site. Hopefully she'll be back as new.

Hashan, what happened with spare parts? were you able to find them and my i ask where the car is being repaired?

Hey Trinity,

I put my car into @ut0 M1r@j in Rathmalana. I tried my insurance's own repair center but they use genuine parts which again they said will take some time to order and the cost on my hand will be high (insurance only covers 70 - 85 % of cost of a genuine part for an 5+ old vehicle).

Mr. P@1nt was another option but few said that they are better for light repairs but not for bit serious ones.

So It left me with no options but go with the people that I've given the job now.

They told me that they'll hand over the car by this Friday, I went to check yesterday and they have removed buffer, shell, left headlamp, fender and AC condensor, and said that they're waiting for the parts to arrive.

Hey Madura,

Yes, it's being repaired but will not be able to get going with Genuine parts from agents (insurance not supporting that since my car is 5+ years old / 2008 build). Need to check my ABS system as well coz I'm not sure whether they worked fine in muddy condition at the crash site. Hopefully she'll be back as new.

Hey Trinity,

I put my car into @ut0 M1r@j in Rathmalana. I tried my insurance's own repair center but they use genuine parts which again they said will take some time to order and the cost on my hand will be high (insurance only covers 70 - 85 % of cost of a genuine part for an 5+ old vehicle).

Mr. P@1nt was another option but few said that they are better for light repairs but not for bit serious ones.

So It left me with no options but go with the people that I've given the job now.

They told me that they'll hand over the car by this Friday, I went to check yesterday and they have removed buffer, shell, left headlamp, fender and AC condensor, and said that they're waiting for the parts to arrive.

Hi machang,

Good to hear that sorted this out.

When you are getting the car back after the repair, please check following things before taking her out of their premises.

1. Any paint residue on windshieds & body.

2. Spare wheel, tool kit & jack

3. Whether all lights and indicators working as they should (Horn, wipers & windshield washers etc..)

4. Quality of the parts they have used, Especially the head lamp.

They'll take time mentioning spare part arrival. If possible check the parts beofre they go in to the car.

• Like 1

Hi machang,

Good to hear that sorted this out.

When you are getting the car back after the repair, please check following things before taking her out of their premises.

1. Any paint residue on windshieds & body.

2. Spare wheel, tool kit & jack

3. Whether all lights and indicators working as they should (Horn, wipers & windshield washers etc..)

4. Quality of the parts they have used, Especially the head lamp.

They'll take time mentioning spare part arrival. If possible check the parts beofre they go in to the car.

Hey Trinity,

Yeah I made a checklist point 1 was missing on my list. I'm paying regular visits to their workshop in the morning every two days, even if it's in the bottom corner of Colombo :( . I asked the person in charge of my Car to call me once the parts have arrived.

So probably I'll go there tomorrow morning :)

Thank you very much about the above points you've mentioned.

One more thing, I feel like my brakes didn't work well, (even if there was mud). Is there a procedure to test against a benchmark values or something ?

Hey Trinity,

Yeah I made a checklist point 1 was missing on my list. I'm paying regular visits to their workshop in the morning every two days, even if it's in the bottom corner of Colombo :( . I asked the person in charge of my Car to call me once the parts have arrived.

So probably I'll go there tomorrow morning :)

Thank you very much about the above points you've mentioned.

One more thing, I feel like my brakes didn't work well, (even if there was mud). Is there a procedure to test against a benchmark values or something ?

Sorry bro.. not an expert on this area. My car does not have ABS, so im unable to give a comparison either. I'm sure Davy will be able to answer you on this.