• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cr41 Crystal Lights

hasmax

Question

Dear All,

I have a toyota CR41 1998 GL currently having normal non-crystal head lamps. Thought of installing crystal lights to it with fog lamps, but various inputs have put me in a state of confusion. As always I will need the valuable advices from the experts here to clarify following issues.

1. Can I put CR42 crystal lights to my CR41 directly ? Some said I will need to replace my front grill as well as the front bumber with CR42 ones to install CR42 crystal lights.

2. There are thaiwan and japanese light sets available to buy. Japanese set is supposed to be the best. Anyway would like to know whether thaiwan set can be also used without much issues as that may be cheaper.

3. If anyone who bought these lights recently here, info on prices would be much helpful ( CR41/42 , japanese and thaiwan sets )

Hope I may get kind help from AL members so I can do the best thing accordingly. Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Don't buy the cheap aftermarket ones as they discolor very early, the mounts crack and the reflector lining also peels away, try to find a genuine pair. saw a pair, possibly genuine in kandy for 18000 which was tagged on one light, could be one or both (based on the age I'd guess the pair)

Not sure about the interchanging of the lights between the two models though..

JadeyBlitzen should be able to help you I guess. He did a complete Noah conversion which you will be able to find here.

Davy. that is my favorite thread in AL since long time now machan. To be honest I have gone through that more than 10 times fantasizing about making mine also a one like that. Anyway for my queries that thread is not much helpful as Jadey had put CR41 crystal lights to his original CR41, so no compatibility issue arised. Anyway thanks for the concern bro

Don't buy the cheap aftermarket ones as they discolor very early, the mounts crack and the reflector lining also peels away, try to find a genuine pair. saw a pair, possibly genuine in kandy for 18000 which was tagged on one light, could be one or both (based on the age I'd guess the pair)

Not sure about the interchanging of the lights between the two models though..

TIV, exchanging lights is not possible machan. I checked with almost all shops in wijerama for such option. At that time japanese one is 2-3 times expensive than the thaiwan one