• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Experience With Honda Vezel..?

Hi,

has anybody driven the Honda Vezel?

What is your experience with this vehicle?

From what I hear, it seems to be perfectly suited for Sri Lankan setting.

1500 CC engine == > Lower Tax category

Hybrid ==== > Lower Tax

Electric motor power added to engine power == > Equal to 2000 CC engine (if you believe what they claim) So, not underpowered.

SUV like appearance == > Good looking, better ground clearance. SUV loving people can be satisfied.

Only problem is, bringing down a Gasoline version (to the permit) is totally useless (no profit at all). So, Hybrid version is the only choice. Gasoline one is probably underpowered too.

Thanks.

1500 CC engine == > Lower Tax category

Hybrid ==== > Lower Tax

Electric motor power added to engine power == > Equal to 2000 CC engine (if you believe what they claim) So, not underpowered.

SUV like appearance == > Good looking, better ground clearance. SUV loving people can be satisfied.

Only problem is, bringing down a Gasoline version (to the permit) is totally useless (no profit at all). So, Hybrid version is the only choice. Gasoline one is probably underpowered too

• Like 1

So let's talk about something else. Since problem solved. Otherwise waste of a thread no?

Three old women are playing bridge. One says "my son was recently ordained a vicar. Now people call him 'your reverence'" when they see him"

The second one says. "Is that right? Well mine is now an archbishop. When ppl meet him they say "your eminence'"

The third is silent for a long time. The other two savour in the pregnant pause. One eventually asks "so what's yours upto?"

Without looking up from her cards, third lady says "y'all know mine didn't go to college. He dropped out. He's 6'4", built like Adonis, and is a male stripper now. When he walks into a room, people say "oh my God!""

• Like 1

has anybody driven the Honda Vezel?

What is your experience with this vehicle?

Yes...

a simple search would have revealed this thread

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15747-honda-vezel/

and in that..

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15747-honda-vezel/page-2#entry258064

and

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15747-honda-vezel/page-2#entry258256

The gasoline is a bit under powered but I seriously doubt the every day person is going to notice that driving around Colombo....but the gasoline feels a lot more peppier...ride is nice and firm and handling in pretty good.

Yes...

a simple search would have revealed this thread

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15747-honda-vezel/

and in that..

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15747-honda-vezel/page-2#entry258064

and

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15747-honda-vezel/page-2#entry258256

The gasoline is a bit under powered but I seriously doubt the every day person is going to notice that driving around Colombo....but the gasoline feels a lot more peppier...ride is nice and firm and handling in pretty good.

Thank you very much for the information.

And for those who use discussion forums as a mean for venting their frustration – glad to be of assistance. Thank you.

I ve been inside one basically a Honda Fit with bit more ground clearance.

Might as well buy the new Fit if you don’t need the two extra cm of ground clearance.

Somehow this extra ground clearance did not translate into typical SUV elevated driving position, actually the driving position brought back memories of my former Suzuki Swift 2007

Fit will be Rs. 1-1.5 Mn. less to buy will have better performance, handling and economy.

Might as well buy the new Fit if you don’t need the two extra cm of ground clearance.

Somehow this extra ground clearance did not translate into typical SUV elevated driving position, actually the driving position brought back memories of my former Suzuki Swift 2007

Fit will be Rs. 1-1.5 Mn. less to buy will have better performance, handling and economy.

Nope, features wise they are miles apart

• Like 1

The units I test drove were parked next to a few Fits...the Vezel does look like an overgrown Fit (but then the FIt has grown in size and the Vezel is based on the same platform). As Magnum mentioned the specs are miles a part and the driving characteristics are equally apart.

The Vezel is NOT a SUV..(okay Honda calls it an rban SUV but lets be honest...) it is a crossover "thingamajig" . Also even the likes of the RAV4 or even the new X-Trail you don't have the high domineering seating position of actual SUVs (okay..unless you are going to raise the seat to the max which you can do with the Vezel as well) Somethings I didn't like about the Vezel (apart from the lazyness of the Hybrid and RFP pedal) :

- Pain to park...visibility from the rear window is quite limited (at least not to my liking and I drive a RAV4 with a wheel mounted on the back !)...reverse cam becomes a must

- Visually rear trunk space was not that impressive especially with the slanted roof but with the rear seats down it had some decent space.

- The AC control panel not having actual buttons...the touch screen like thingy can be problematic with greasy hands but the sales rep said the surface material is "special" and won't be a problem with sweat and grease (I need a bit more convincing). Also I always found actual buttons to be helpful when adjusting controls without staring at the actual panel (will take some getting used to I guess)

- Wifey didn't like the long air vents on the passenger side that runs the length of the dash...apparently it messes her hair ?...open them all the front passenger gets blasted with too much air..close them up the rear passenger gets no breeze...

I know..nit picky things...

At the end of the day it depends on what the person wants the vehicle for after all there are plenty of vehicles in other categories that are better than the Vezel.

I am just presuming the OP is dead set on buying something that is a Crossover/SUV

• Like 1

The units I test drove were parked next to a few Fits...the Vezel does look like an overgrown Fit (but then the FIt has grown in size and the Vezel is based on the same platform). As Magnum mentioned the specs are miles a part and the driving characteristics are equally apart.

The Vezel is NOT a SUV..(okay Honda calls it an rban SUV but lets be honest...) it is a crossover "thingamajig" . Also even the likes of the RAV4 or even the new X-Trail you don't have the high domineering seating position of actual SUVs (okay..unless you are going to raise the seat to the max which you can do with the Vezel as well) Somethings I didn't like about the Vezel (apart from the lazyness of the Hybrid and RFP pedal) :

- Pain to park...visibility from the rear window is quite limited (at least not to my liking and I drive a RAV4 with a wheel mounted on the back !)...reverse cam becomes a must

- Visually rear trunk space was not that impressive especially with the slanted roof but with the rear seats down it had some decent space.

- The AC control panel not having actual buttons...the touch screen like thingy can be problematic with greasy hands but the sales rep said the surface material is "special" and won't be a problem with sweat and grease (I need a bit more convincing). Also I always found actual buttons to be helpful when adjusting controls without staring at the actual panel (will take some getting used to I guess)

- Wifey didn't like the long air vents on the passenger side that runs the length of the dash...apparently it messes her hair ?...open them all the front passenger gets blasted with too much air..close them up the rear passenger gets no breeze...

I know..nit picky things...

At the end of the day it depends on what the person wants the vehicle for after all there are plenty of vehicles in other categories that are better than the Vezel.

I am just presuming the OP is dead set on buying something that is a Crossover/SUV

Honda actually calls it Urban Crossover :P

Wow you're like mr. Total recall!

hahaha suits him perfectly, hes all about recalls :D

There was a gearbox related recall,please make sure you are not affected.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15976-recall-for-honda-hybrid-fitvezel/

The post was blended with my post about Toyota Prius recall by the Admin.

The above link does not work anymore.

So here is the original post.

Recalls are made for 81,000 Japanese made HONDA FIT ,VEZEL Hybrid cars.

http://www.honda.co....014/c140210.pdf

In japan they are fixed for free acc. to Road safety law requirements..

manufacture date:2013/7~2014/2

This is the 3rd recall for this model,due to a failure in the the 7-speed transmission,gear wheels could become stuck.

start-up from stop could become slow or impossible .

The root cause is a software problem,which leads to gearbox damage.

Repair method is to scan transmission logs,if errors are found change gearbox components and update the transmission computer software.

Honda 本田技研工業(株)

• 4 weeks later...