• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajero-Io Left/front Abs Sensor

Y3K

Question

Hi All,

I'm searching for a Left/Front ABS sensor for a Pajero-IO, H76W.

So far I have checked at many spare part dealers and all of them say the same thing. That they can't dismantle one from an existing, as the sensor seems to be brittle.

Can any one of you help me in locating a sensor?

I haven't checked with agents yet as I want that to be the last option which will be pretty costly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Y3K

12 answers to this question

Hi All,

I'm searching for a Left/Front ABS sensor for a Pajero-IO, H76W.

So far I have checked at many spare part dealers and all of them say the same thing. That they can't dismantle one from an existing, as the sensor seems to be brittle.

Can any one of you help me in locating a sensor?

I haven't checked with agents yet as I want that to be the last option which will be pretty costly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Y3K

Some ABS sensors are very cheap. Like even for BMWs they are like £20. So it might be cheaper to locate one brand new. If you can get the part number from the agents (this requires some persuation) I might be able to help.

Y3K

Are you sure that the sensor is faulty ?. Have you checked the sensor ? If not check that first.

This is my experience. I think it might help someone.

Long ago when my corolla started to show ABS warning I took her to the agent.(Those days ABS is an option on Jap. cars). After checking for some time I was informed the sensor was faulty and need replacement. Though not expensive as

Don said it was not available with them. I had to search for that with used spare parts dealers. For some unknown reason all the sensors I found with axles and suspension were cut by the wire. Luckily I found one at last. When going to fix it

I saw the toothed ring attached to the CV joint was loose. Tightened it and the problem was over. See how brilliant the diagnosis of the so-called Agent.

So,check the sensor first. clean the sensor head (there might be accumulated mud and grease over it) and see.

Hi All,

Just an update, got this replaced. The process took a well known mechanic, some cleaner spray, a small weld job :)

Used the spray to get a sensor out of a knuckle with an abs but without proper sockets and got my own socket fitted with some led welding.

BTW it cost only 4.5k for the sensor part.

Cheers,

Y3K

Hi All,

Just an update, got this replaced. The process took a well known mechanic, some cleaner spray, a small weld job :)

Used the spray to get a sensor out of a knuckle with an abs but without proper sockets and got my own socket fitted with some led welding.

BTW it cost only 4.5k for the sensor part.

Cheers,

Y3K

Where did you get the part from?

Hi The Don

It's from D*Shan Auto Par*s :) (The famous M*hind* *iyas place)

Also only the sensor W/O the sockets can be cheaply taken from a yard which is located in the left hand side right before "Tire Junction - Dalugama (Kelaniya) (When going towards Kiribathgoda) ". I can't remember the name but they have the part and offered it to me for 4k, by then I had already purchased from the before mentioned place.

Regards,