• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sylphy Qg10 - 1.8

NRX

Hi guys,

I'm in the car hunting scene these days and have my eyes on the Bluebird Sylphy 1.8Vi with the QG18DE engine ( 1.8 liter). I'm OK with the 1.5 liter variant too but I think that would be under-powered, specially mated with an auto transmission. One of the mechanics advised me not to go for the 1.8 version as parts are very expensive compared to the 1.5 version (FB15,N16 shares the same engine). He mentioned something vague like regular scanning tools doesn't fully support the ECU of the car and in case the car gets stranded due to some engine error (Check engine light thrown) it has to be taken (carry :) ) to A*W to reset the error.

I really like this car so appreciate if anyone could shed some light :)

Hi guys, I'm in the car hunting scene these days and have my eyes on the Bluebird Sylphy 1.8Vi with the QG18DE engine ( 1.8 liter). I'm OK with the 1.5 liter variant too but I think that would be under-powered, specially mated with an auto transmission. One of the mechanics advised me not to go for the 1.8 version as parts are very expensive compared to the 1.5 version (FB15,N16 shares the same engine). He mentioned something vague like regular scanning tools doesn't fully support the ECU of the car and in case the car gets stranded due to some engine error (Check engine light thrown) it has to be taken (carry :) ) to A*W to reset the error. I really like this car so appreciate if anyone could shed some light :)

My advice - change the mechanic

"The 1.8 L (1769 cc) QG18DE was designed for Nissan by Aichi Machine Industry, Japan. It is manufactured both in Japan and the Mexican city of Aguascalientes. Bore is 80 mm (3.1 in) and stroke is 88 mm (3.5 in). The engine is tuned to achieve most of its torque at low revs at the expense of raw power at high revs, making the engine very responsive in day-to-day driving. It has a cast-iron engine block, aluminum DOHC cylinder head, uses MPI fuel injection, forged-steel connecting rods, two single-piece cast camshafts and a cast-aluminum intake manifold. It also features N-VCT (Nissan's Valve Timing Control technology). This engine received the RJC Technology of The Year Award of 2001.[2]"

Above is something found on wikipedia

You can read entire Nissan QG Engine article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_QG_engine

As far as I know most of the Engine parts would be same as 1.5 QG15DE.

And 1.5L auto is not that under powered & if you really really concern about the power, ya you may go to 1.8.

Best thing is you call to A*W and ask them all questions/doubts you have in your mind.

For Technical Advice - (+94) 773770154 (Menaka), (+94) 772384442 (Waruna)

"The 1.8 L (1769 cc) QG18DE was designed for Nissan by Aichi Machine Industry, Japan. It is manufactured both in Japan and the Mexican city of Aguascalientes. Bore is 80 mm (3.1 in) and stroke is 88 mm (3.5 in). The engine is tuned to achieve most of its torque at low revs at the expense of raw power at high revs, making the engine very responsive in day-to-day driving. It has a cast-iron engine block, aluminum DOHC cylinder head, uses MPI fuel injection, forged-steel connecting rods, two single-piece cast camshafts and a cast-aluminum intake manifold. It also features N-VCT (Nissan's Valve Timing Control technology). This engine received the RJC Technology of The Year Award of 2001.[2]"

Above is something found on wikipedia

You can read entire Nissan QG Engine article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_QG_engine

As far as I know most of the Engine parts would be same as 1.5 QG15DE.

And 1.5L auto is not that under powered & if you really really concern about the power, ya you may go to 1.8.

Best thing is you call to A*W and ask them all questions/doubts you have in your mind.

For Technical Advice - (+94) 773770154 (Menaka), (+94) 772384442 (Waruna)

Would they give such information to a random caller ? :/

About the power ; I am a heavy fellow and so does my family. So I prefer the extra punch the 1.8 gives :)

Edited by NRX

Ya they are agent for Nissans here & they take care of all Nissans in country & they were helpful.

Thanks. Do you know if the sylphy shares almost everything with the N16 Sunny ? like suspension and electronics ?