• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cv Joint Problems In Chevrolet Cruze(Hatch Back)

samp2

Question

Since it gives a grinding sound from left front wheel side, one of mechanic advised me to replace the CV joints.I have searched the CV joints everywhere but I couldn't find which suit for Chevrolet Cruze.Then I have remake(refilling using metals) the CV joint and fixed to the vehicle.But after wheel alignment this grinding sound gives again.Please advice me to solve this problem and to find a place to buy CV joint for Chevrolet Cruze.

22 answers to this question

Where did u search for the parts? I found them easily when I had to change the CV joints in the cruze. What you need to do is, to take a sample with you because most of the spare parts shops don't know what Chevrolet Cruze is.

If u get it done at a lathe workshop, it may give a grinding sound initially due to overfilling of the joint. It might go away after a couple of days.

I drive a Liana and parts are very difficult to find. Last month i was trying to buy packing - spent half a day visiting shops in panchikawatha and had to eventually give up (paid some 1800 to 3 wheel guy - they had swift, aero, k10, cruze but no liana).

I finally got it repaired after taking it to a different garage, the guy sourced it and charged 3,450 for the packing and o ring (i am sure he inflated the cost) - also sourced ac compressor, ignition coils etc.

If you live in Colombo I can PM you the contact details of the place I got the job done. For me paying the bit extra is ok instead of putting up with the griding noise when I drive (and it also runs at the back of my mind).

I drive a Liana and parts are very difficult to find. Last month i was trying to buy packing - spent half a day visiting shops in panchikawatha and had to eventually give up (paid some 1800 to 3 wheel guy - they had swift, aero, k10, cruze but no liana).

I finally got it repaired after taking it to a different garage, the guy sourced it and charged 3,450 for the packing and o ring (i am sure he inflated the cost) - also sourced ac compressor, ignition coils etc.

If you live in Colombo I can PM you the contact details of the place I got the job done. For me paying the bit extra is ok instead of putting up with the griding noise when I drive (and it also runs at the back of my mind).

Could you pls PM the contact details.

Sri lanka=Toyota that's it :sad-smiley-068: ... If you want to survive in sri lanka buy a toyota :sad-smiley-066:

Utter rubbish. I have survived for over a decade with everything except toyotas. My list of cars include proton, kia, ford, chevrolet, mini, daewoo... never had any issues for finding parts. Even for the daewoo.

Utter rubbish. I have survived for over a decade with everything except toyotas. My list of cars include proton, kia, ford, chevrolet, mini, daewoo... never had any issues for finding parts. Even for the daewoo.

I second that. In some cases, you cannot just go and get the parts by model name. You have to have the samples with you. Having an idea about the similar models will definitely be an advantage. For example, some Fords use Mazda engine models. Searching for Ford parts maight be useless, but you can get it done using Mazda as the keyword.

Sri lanka=Toyota that's it :sad-smiley-068: ... If you want to survive in sri lanka buy a toyota :sad-smiley-066:

This mentality eventually leads way to pay unworthy prices for Toyota "Ladarams" even.

• Like 1

Gayan, I was not putting Suzuki down. When I made the the purchase the suzuki was almost LKR 800,000 cheaper than a similar spec toyota. I did spent 50-60% extra on the parts over the time (running repairs - this is my first car and i was daft - it will be a different story for fellow petrol heads here). But still when I do the math it works out much cheaper than blocking another 800,000 on a overpriced car over 3 years.

If they had Aero parts it would have been the same as the Liana. But its a good idea to keep the samples with you when you change parts, it helps to find parts.

Yes, i did take the sample (packing) with me. Pachi is an ocean, takes a lot of patience.

If they had Aero parts it would have been the same as the Liana. But its a good idea to keep the samples with you when you change parts, it helps to find parts.

pls PM the contact details

On 3/29/2014 at 7:31 PM, Gummybr said:

The CV Joints for the old Swift/Ignis should be similar to that of the Cruze. Try them.

For the latter readers;
CV of Swift it not matching. Cruze needs SU30A CV and it's bit rare. I found one at Siri Motors Maharagama. But not Original Japanese. Still Worth it. 

On 9/22/2019 at 1:39 AM, Anjanacruze said:

මට කවුරුහරි කියනවද chevrolet cruze එකේ inner cv ගන්න හෝ repair කරන්න තැනක්??

Hi and welcome to the forum. This question has been asked quite a few times, so I've merged your thread with one of the existing ones.

Check the response quoted below:

On 8/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, jayaneetha said:

For the latter readers;
CV of Swift it not matching. Cruze needs SU30A CV and it's bit rare. I found one at Siri Motors Maharagama. But not Original Japanese. Still Worth it. 

You may find more search results here. Please search before opening new threads to ask questions. Thanks and good luck finding the CV joint.