• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Break Oils

udararaj

Guys i have a Viva elite 2012 model run 20000 now. Recently i have noticed that break oil level has go down from maximum level. I guess it is normal. Does anyone know the break oil type that Viva elite using. Also is that ok to add the break oil level to max without checking with authorized peroduwa place or a person

Brake fluid should not be top up under normal condition. in your case problem might be brake pads(worn out). then one day with the new brake pad set , fluid level will be restored to the previous level.

if your brake pads are almost new, then you need to check for a fluid leak. if your car is manual and if the same fluid reservoir is shared for clutch, then break lines and clutch lines should be check for a leak(AFAIK 90% case is bad washers in clutch pumps).

My advise: keep on eye for further fluid level drop, if it is noticeable then act.but never allow to drop it beyond the MIN level.

Guys i have a Viva elite 2012 model run 20000 now. Recently i have noticed that break oil level has go down from maximum level. I guess it is normal. Does anyone know the break oil type that Viva elite using. Also is that ok to add the break oil level to max without checking with authorized peroduwa place or a person

The lid normally lists which brake oils are acceptable. Its usually oils that conform to DOT 3 or DOT 4. Just buy a can from a petrol station or a spare parts shop (Lockheed is the most popular brand though Caltex also does a DOT 4 brake oil) and top up as necessary.

If you see a suddent and significant drop (say down to the middle between min and max) get the car inspected by a mechanic immediately.

The lid normally lists which brake oils are acceptable. Its usually oils that conform to DOT 3 or DOT 4. Just buy a can from a petrol station or a spare parts shop (Lockheed is the most popular brand though Caltex also does a DOT 4 brake oil) and top up as necessary.

If you see a suddent and significant drop (say down to the middle between min and max) get the car inspected by a mechanic immediately.

Thanks all. I have checked it today and the oil type is dot 3. Sure i will keep on checking whether there is any significant drop of the oil.