• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 A/c Compressor

sira

Hi,

My EK3 AC compressor was replaced with little bit a bigger on by some body. anyway now that compressor also faulty. looking for a proper compressor. how much will be recon proper compressor?

and where can I get it

sira

• 2 weeks later...

There is a good place at pattiya junction just before the over head bridge name AIR FROST. They are the people Who did all Honda A/C works before the agent got the facility in 90's. Abouit 10 yuears ago , my ek3 A/C condeser was changed to a bigger one and did complete overhaul and worked fine till i sold the car after 3 years.They have spares as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Any idea how to repair a damaged temperature control unit(not the electronic one) of an EK3 or any place where you can get a replacement???

Tried several auto A/C spots, but none gave me a satisfactory answer

Temperature control unit (not the electronic one), I'm not sure I know which component you are referring to.

There is usually a thermostat close to the evaporator, and then there is an electronic unit that controls the temperature.

Are you referring to the switches in the dashboard that allow you to move it from cold to warm?

not, this is not an electronic one,

Its a unit which has a railings and there is a needle(or a connector) which can be moved along the railings where the switch's(in the dashboard that allow you to move it from cold to warm) cable connects. ( i couldn't remove it or take a good look at it, because its there right under the center console of the dashboard.)

not, this is not an electronic one,

Its a unit which has a railings and there is a needle(or a connector) which can be moved along the railings where the switch's(in the dashboard that allow you to move it from cold to warm) cable connects. ( i couldn't remove it or take a good look at it, because its there right under the center console of the dashboard.)

Ok, sounds like you need the unit that the cable connects to (not the dashboard lever)? You should first check if it can be repaired. Most of these things are repairable. Else you will need to find a used dashboard from a part shop and take that bit out.

Either way, dismantle and inspect first!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Thank you guys for the valuable reply. I managed to fix this issue. One of my office friend’s cousin fixed this with no cost. the compressor - sandan was ok and only filled the

gas. now it is working well.

Found few things.

The gas cost is 1100. And they charge 5000 for the service. This is not fair. What AC shops do is remove all the items and check the leaks. If there is an issue with condenser,...etc. you have to pay for that.

So looks their labour charges are high,

sira

• 2 weeks later...