• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place To Buy Automatic Gearbox

AppleBee

Question

21 answers to this question

names' indika. 0777309859. indika motors, no 7, gamini mawatha, off gothatuwa (IDH) road, salamulla, kolonnawa. speak to him, make an appointment and get directions. i've tagged the place as "indika's garage" on foursquare.

let us know know how it goes, and what he says.

Nilwala Motors- Ambuldeniya Nugaegoda
Mr. Chandana 0773027118, 0112834190
He did a complete rebuilt in my CE110, 2 years ago (24000/=) and still going strong.

• Like 1

Nilwala motors it is.

Did a complete overhaul of the gearbox of our Toyota Caldina 18 months back.

Cost 27k.

After about 40000km from repair it is still running strong.

No issues.

Being your one is CVT it would be complicated job.

But not impossible.

I have been to komisiripala's mechaninc, but honestly felt that NILWALA guy is more sub speciliced on gearboxes exclusively.

¤

As a rule of thumb just stay away from the MAKABASSES who are planning to replace engine/gearbox at first place.

Nobody knows the quality of the recon parts you put in.

Best shot is rebuild it properly.

Edited by chan5
  • Like 1

Nilwala motors it is.

Did a complete overhaul of the gearbox of our Toyota Caldina 18 months back.

Cost 27k.

After about 40000km from repair it is still running strong.

No issues.

Being your one is CVT it would be complicated job.

But not impossible.

I have been to komisiripala's mechaninc, but honestly felt that NILWALA guy is more sub speciliced on gearboxes exclusively.

¤

As a rule of thumb just stay away from the MAKABASSES who are planning to replace engine/gearbox at first place.

Nobody knows the quality of the recon parts you put in.

Best shot is rebuild it properly.

Apart from my CE110, I have sent two CR27s; they still going strong.

1 Week ago I discussed with him regarding GB issue in a Honda city, he said it can be repaired but price would be around Rs 100,000/=, if that is the price for your CVT, better go with agents since they quoted 70,000/=

I have a feeling its a CVT box that got effed up due to wrong oil being used

This happened to a Honda EK3 belongs to an office mate of mine. The place belongs to the popular potato garden guy had used the wrong oil and my friend almost went for a replacement (Car did not go over 30kmph and sometimes didnt even move in when put to "D"). Then Honda upul has suggested a product called "Oil Extreme" which my friend later got down from USA. According to him the issue was fixed after using it. Just thought to share.

4adc3ec0-ebf5-11e2-8ad0-123143013573.jpg

On a related but different issue, I've heard of instances where automatic gearboxes have also been messed up during fluid replacement.

I had the fluid of the family Swift replaced about 15K ago and recently on observation noticed that the bottom of the distric showed some deposits from the bottom of the sump. This to me wasn't very positive though the gearbox is still working ok. Its even more worrying since the last time I changed fluid I got the guy to remove the sump, clean it and do it the manual way, and it cost less than 5L of fluid.

I'm thinking about getting the fluid changed again as a precaution as its a lot cheaper than a gearbox repair or replacement.

What do you guys recommend? I was thinking of AMWs own workshop as thats where I bought the fluid from the last time (BP Autotran). But I suppose they must use a fluid exchanger machine which some people don't recommend as they have caused gearbox issues...

On a related but different issue, I've heard of instances where automatic gearboxes have also been messed up during fluid replacement.

I had the fluid of the family Swift replaced about 15K ago and recently on observation noticed that the bottom of the distric showed some deposits from the bottom of the sump. This to me wasn't very positive though the gearbox is still working ok. Its even more worrying since the last time I changed fluid I got the guy to remove the sump, clean it and do it the manual way, and it cost less than 5L of fluid.

I'm thinking about getting the fluid changed again as a precaution as its a lot cheaper than a gearbox repair or replacement.

What do you guys recommend? I was thinking of AMWs own workshop as thats where I bought the fluid from the last time (BP Autotran). But I suppose they must use a fluid exchanger machine which some people don't recommend as they have caused gearbox issues...

i Guess when you changed the Fluid (Drain and Refill) it's better if you could replace the strainer with one go as well. regarding using the exchanger machine, what i heard is it will damaged the torque converter. no idea how this happen as i hear mostly mixed reviews using the exchanger.

i Guess when you changed the Fluid (Drain and Refill) it's better if you could replace the strainer with one go as well. regarding using the exchanger machine, what i heard is it will damaged the torque converter. no idea how this happen as i hear mostly mixed reviews using the exchanger.

I've heard it damages valve bodies also and some metal particles attached to magnets can dislodge again and goes in.

This happened to a Honda EK3 belongs to an office mate of mine. The place belongs to the popular potato garden guy had used the wrong oil and my friend almost went for a replacement (Car did not go over 30kmph and sometimes didnt even move in when put to "D"). Then Honda upul has suggested a product called "Oil Extreme" which my friend later got down from USA. According to him the issue was fixed after using it. Just thought to share.

4adc3ec0-ebf5-11e2-8ad0-123143013573.jpg

Update... the guy just told me that the issue recurred after running about 1500kms.

On 3/21/2014 at 12:02 AM, Komisiripala said:

names' indika. 0777309859. indika motors, no 7, gamini mawatha, off gothatuwa (IDH) road, salamulla, kolonnawa. speak to him, make an appointment and get directions. i've tagged the place as "indika's garage" on foursquare.

let us know know how it goes, and what he says.

I recently went to "Indika Motors" and got my Honda civic ES8 CVT gearbox fixed. Very reliable place and Indika has a good knowledge and has good contacts to get the required replacement parts. My gearbox issue was that there was a delay in engagement to "D" & "R" due to wasted "O" rings & washers inside the gearbox. They were replaced by Indika & now it's back to normal. I got to know about him through this forum & thanks "Komisiripala" for sharing the Information. By the way you get a 6 months warranty as well for the work done by Indika :)