• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Some Advice On Axio Hybrid

psw

Would you please let me know your ideas about New Axio Hybrid? Will it hit the market?

Good and bad of this new car?

Its too new for anybody to comment. Who knows whether it will be a hit or not as we don't have a crystal ball.

But Hybrids are slowly becoming popular though they lose a lot of value in the early years as maintenance becomes expensive as they age, particularly when battery packs and electronic components are involved. The Corolla Axio was quite popular but the brand new 141 not as much, and they were certainly not as popular as the older 100, 110 and 121 models which were outstanding in what people expect from a Corolla.

Early adopters will have to take the risk and see how it goes. The gamble might pay off!

To me it will not be famous...also in 2014 end or 2015 Front shell will get changed....In Jp market its not doing the sales as expected that is why they are changing front Face design...minor change

Interior/Dashboard is not much attractive in new Axio Hybrids.

• Like 1

To me it will not be famous...also in 2014 end or 2015 Front shell will get changed....In Jp market its not doing the sales as expected that is why they are changing front Face design...minor change

How did you get to know this? are you working in Toyota design team?

Interior/Dashboard is not much attractive in new Axio Hybrids.

Why the interior of new Japanese vehicle is not that rich as most of AE100,110 or 121?

Specially dashboard and related items.

Is it just for me?

Uhh...if you look at the usual life of the models you will see that they under go a facelift 2-3 years after intro. That facelift has much to do with sales figures but more about giving it a new look and making any technical improvements. So irrespective of whether the Axio Hybrid was a sales success or not it (being the entire Axio lineup) would undergo a facelift anyway.

• Like 1

and if someone really wants to look at the top 10 rankings :

http://www.applenet.co.jp/carlife/carlife_i10backnumber.html

The Corolla Axio is not there because by the time the 161 was being introduced the Axio had been in the top 15 for a few years and been there since then. Primarily because at the time there were tax incentives for buying Hybrids and cars like the Prius and Fit Hybrid just simply became more desirable and the Corolla Hybrid was simply too late to the party.

In a way it is unfair to determine if a car is going to be a sales success in SL purely on whether it is going to be a sales success in Japan because the context is (or priorities are) different (honest to god..I swear i see more damn Allions and Premios (is that thing even on the list ??) in SL than in Japan !!!) .

http://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/12474

and if someone really wants to look at the top 10 rankings :

http://www.applenet.co.jp/carlife/carlife_i10backnumber.html

The Corolla Axio is not there because by the time the 161 was being introduced the Axio had been in the top 15 for a few years and been there since then. Primarily because at the time there were tax incentives for buying Hybrids and cars like the Prius and Fit Hybrid just simply became more desirable and the Corolla Hybrid was simply too late to the party.

In a way it is unfair to determine if a car is going to be a sales success in SL purely on whether it is going to be a sales success in Japan because the context is (or priorities are) different (honest to god..I swear i see more damn Allions and Premios (is that thing even on the list ??) in SL than in Japan !!!) .

http://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/12474

I heard they are grandpa/grandma car there. is that true? :P

I heard they are grandpa/grandma car there. is that true? :P

You see grand pas and grand mas drive around in old Corollas and Sunnys and such their replacements for these seem to be more towards Kei cars and hatches :)

You see a lot of salesmen in Axios on the highway....followed by a few Allions (I guess for the more senior ones)...

Why the interior of new Japanese vehicle is not that rich as most of AE100,110 or 121?

Is it just for me?

No Idea about others, but For Toyota Axio it's now in a totally different in class now than Regular Corolla (International Version and US spec) this new Axio is meant to be smaller and cheaper.. even the Suspension setup is based on Belta (Spring and Shock in Different places on Rear Trailing Arm).

Edited by Ruslan

Is it just for me?

Well several reasons..off the top of my head....the auto makers claim they are more environmentally friendly both in composition as well as to manufacture...lighter weight...durable (that is a stretch)...they won't tell you that they are trying to be cheap though

No Idea about others, but For Toyota Axio it's now in a totally different in class now than Regular Corolla (International Version and US spec) this new Axio is meant to be smaller and cheaper.. even the Suspension setup is based on Belta (Spring and Shock in Different places on Rear Trailing Arm).
Well several reasons..off the top of my head....the auto makers claim they are more environmentally friendly both in composition as well as to manufacture...lighter weight...durable (that is a stretch)...they won't tell you that they are trying to be cheap though

Durability wise it would be too early to comment for 141/161 but AE100/110/121's interior is has better interior (and exterior appearance in AE 100/face lifted 110) and durability (even mechanically), they are more or less 20 yrs old though!

For me 141/Axio looks bit cheep.

I think same apply for previous premio and new premio and allion with a lot of chrome plated plastics.

Just my idea!

You see grand pas and grand mas drive around in old Corollas and Sunnys and such their replacements for these seem to be more towards Kei cars and hatches :)

You see a lot of salesmen in Axios on the highway....followed by a few Allions (I guess for the more senior ones)...

They get the base grade ones, dont they?

• 3 weeks later...
How did you get to know this? are you working in Toyota design team?

im not a member of Toyota design Team..bt im in that Business.....:P we get the latest updates...

As i know Premio and Allion Hybrid will launch in early next year after the Axio Hybrid Shell Design Changes