• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:::help To Select Best Compact Suv:::

Hello Friends

This time again me asking some advised, and after using old thread about TOYOTA COROLLA I pass the information that provided on the discussion to dad and bought a NICE Corolla EE103 2001 model ( JK- series)1.5ltr Manual gear L Extra model car and he is happy with that and ill post a snap of it once in SL and Credits goes to you guys also as its help to find the correct trim model

Well Dad sold the VAN (Delica P25) which played a key part at home but after used for 10+ years and served us well, now we looking to by some gasoline SUV(Don’t know why not Diesel). Few interests on the list and below is the models that he told me

1. Mitshubishi Pajero IO Manual
  2. Suzuki Escudo/Vitara 1.6 manual/auto
  3. Toyota Cami / Daihatsu Terrious

We still looking for the Jimny :speechless-smiley-003:

1. Suzuki Jimny 1.3 Auto/Manual

I had a pajero IO with 4G93 engine SOCH engine (non-GDI) on it and had few issues still with the coils and ECU so bit scared about it :speechless-smiley-004:

I am waiting to get your guys knowledge/experience with above models for

• Fuel consumption
  • Maintenance cost

P.S. I have done some search on AL forum and found some conversations and also some details for Jimny on my previous thread

Appreciate your help

Regards

JC

What about a Toyota Rav4 mate ? The Escudo is quite good as well.

I own a Rav4 2003 so I can tell you something about it

Fuel consumption 95 octane -11kmp/l This is a manual Transmission with a 2000cc Engine AWD

Maintenance cost when the oil changes are due it will cost approximately 3500/- max.

Plenty of power! idk about the Auto Transmissions but having a manual really is a nice thing to have on the Rav4.

The luggage space is all right not a lot but can manage. the rear seats can be removed for increasing the space if needed.

It is comfortable as a car, actually better than the Mitsubishi Montero.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Dinukap4

Mate Danukap4

Last December vacation we bought a RAV4 97 with 3S FE engine and drove more than 2000km at one shot, did only 10 per ltr, on open highway

But i do trust TOYOTA will see how this go and tks for the idea

The later version Rav 4 is more fuel efficient than the 97 model. In fact it offers class leading fuel efficiency.

Mate Danukap4

Last December vacation we bought a RAV4 97 with 3S FE engine and drove more than 2000km at one shot, did only 10 per ltr, on open highway

But i do trust TOYOTA will see how this go and tks for the idea

I don't think you can compare the 97 and 03's fuel consumption I get 11kmp/l in city area and I get at least 13 out in the highway again the manual transmittion might be a factor here and my driving style. And the vehicles you've listted will most certainly do 8-10kmp/l other than the jimmny that I don't know. Atleast try to get 1800-2000CC while getting a compact SUV these are quite heavy with AWD and having a small engine dragging it around wouldn't help with the Economy of the vehicle.

Edited by Dinukap4

Mate Dinukap4

Appreciate the idea and i don't have any experience of 2003 or higher model BUT is it the D4 2L engine???? And i do have a experience with a Jimny/Samurai and it's good 4WD

Bit bumpy but very good town drive

Well what Don is referring to is the ACA20 series RAV4, 2003 is when it got a facelift, but the model first came out in 2000. The facelift had a few tweaks to the engine and suspension here and there but for the most part it is the same mechanically, came with the same 1SZ-FSE engine D-L. So maybe you can get the pre-facelift for around your budget ? Really have no idea what the market prices are these days.

Also...the ACA21 which is the AWD version comes with a 2000cc engine and the ACA26 which is FWD comes with a 1800cc engine.

But then there is the 1st gen RAV4 with both the 3S-FE and 3S-GE engines...

The Don

Dad told me his max budget is 2 - 2.3M at this point, so i dont think the 2003 RAV4 will fit to that na?????

regards

JC

Rav4 2000 is at least 3M

Mate Dinukap4

Appreciate the idea and i don't have any experience of 2003 or higher model BUT is it the D4 2L engine???? And i do have a experience with a Jimny/Samurai and it's good 4WD

Bit bumpy but very good town drive

Yes Direct Injection said to better on economy than the VVTI Rav4 on Forums.

See if you can find someone willing to sell you a Wizard MU. I'm in the process of turning mine into an Ingress-Mobile :D

Now I just need to find a decent 4G router... Dialog's one is 4G only, I need something that can switch when moving between coverage areas...

Oh, and new tires.

Hello Guys

Small SUV plan changed to a Diesel UTE, so now looking some NAVARA/L200/ Ford Ranger XLT (Sorry to be a back pain)

Have gone through few discussions on the site about above models and found lots of valid information

- Looks to me both Navara and L200 (2006 and above) got similar kinda + and -, Any idea about the Ranger XLT parts in SL??? it is available in here as its a common model

- I have seen a note and It is a must to pump the SUPER DIESEL is that true for above models?????

- Seen few Navara's B/N model with QD32 engine / L200 with 4M40/41 engine hope this 2 models are better than the UK import please pass your ideas

Tks In advance

JC

I would avoid the Ford Ranger. A Ford owning friend called me over the weekend and gave me a list of horror stories on various Fords including his wife's Fiesta and the agent's inability to solve the issues. He mentioned the Ranger too.

L200 parts are said to be pricey according to a friend who owned one very recently.

The Navara is probably the safe bet. Maybe some owners will respond shortly.....

If its a UTE, I would go for a Hilux, even if it meant buying an older one.

@GTam - would u care to elaborate a bit more about the horror stories? I am a Ford owner since 2011. Never had any major issue with the car yet (quite unusual for a modern Euro in Sri Lanka). Sorry about the OT though.