• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pirelli Tyres

Isuru Udana

I am going to replace tire set (185/70R14) of my 260 Allion.

Does anyone of you have an experience with Pirelli tyres which Toyota La*ka importing ?

They are claiming that it is a far better tire compared to other brands like Indonesian Bridgestone/Dunlop, etc.

(I searched the forum, but couldn't find any useful information)

Does anyone of you have an experience with Pirelli tyres which Toyota La*ka importing ?

They are claiming that it is a far better tire compared to other brands like Indonesian Bridgestone/Dunlop, etc.

If you searched you would have found other tyre threads right? in which case the recomended practice would be to ask your question there. Now thanks to you the information on tyres is scattered even more on the forum.

What is the price of the Pirelli tyres your interested in?

Where to buy michelin tyres in Sri Lanka?

The quality of pirelli tyres might be very high,still for one pirelli tyre you might be able to buy two dunlop tyres(indonesian) from say S.K. Munasinghe.

Price is not a parameter to measure quality. Even word quality does not have a exact definition if you want further clarification about quality please refer to the work of Proff Deming.

Here I commented based on my user experience I have used both the brands(pirelli,Michelin) for me Michelin outperformed Pirelli.

Also I would like to mention that Pirelli is a tire brand that failed in sri lanka for at least two times.

If you want buy Michelin it,s available at all the leading tire stores in Colombo and the agent is D*M*

About a year ago I was offered pirelli from TL (185.65.14), nearly 10000/= per tire. I have been using maxxis for few years and had absolutely nothing to complain about.

The tire shop owner (who DO NOT sell maxxis) from whom I usually got done my tire works done, advised me to be away from pirelli because weak side wall and he said other than that it ain't a bad tire.

• Like 1

What is the price of the Pirelli tyres your interested in?

Where to buy michelin tyres in Sri Lanka?

The quality of pirelli tyres might be very high,still for one pirelli tyre you might be able to buy two dunlop tyres(indonesian) from say S.K. Munasinghe.

They quoted 14700 for 185/70R14.

If you searched you would have found other tyre threads right? in which case the recomended practice would be to ask your question there. Now thanks to you the information on tyres is scattered even more on the forum.

Will follow that practice next time.

Pirelli, along with Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental, GoodYear and Dunlop are considered to be the premium tyre manufacturers in the world at the moment. Most vehicles feature tyres from these brands as original equipment. This does not mean they make the best tyres, but merely they are very well known manufacturers.

The key to whether a tyre is good or not is dependent not on the brand but the model/ range of tyre. If you can find that out, then Google will be your friend.

Its very difficult to generalise between tyres, because there are so many varieties offered by the same manufacturer.

But if somebody says Pirelli is a poor tyre, I will simply point to the fact they are the only manufacturer supplying tyres to Formula 1 at the moment.

Edited by The Don

Go for it. I am using P6000 (made in Hungary) on one of my cars and it is proving to be excellent so far in terms of grip and wear. I had Indonesian Bridgestones before on this same car and they wore off like an eraser and did not offer much grip either. Completely different from the Japanese Bridgestone Potenzas which were very good on a different car I had. But they were expensive.

As for Dunlops I have used both the Thai made Japanese made ones and cannot rate either well. The price was attractive but grip was average and wear was really bad on both, a lot worse on the Thai built ones.

Other brands that I can recommend confidently are Kumho (as good as the Yokohamas they replaced but cheaper) and Avon. Both offer good value for their ratings imo and under cut the "premium" brands. The Michelin high performance tyres are excellent (probably the best I have experienced) but very pricey. When I bought the Avons it was double that price!!! The Michelin "Energy" tyre does not do it for me with low grip.

Pirelli, along with Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental and Dunlop are considered to be the premium tyre manufacturers in the world at the moment. Most vehicles feature tyres from these brands as original equipment. This does not mean they make the best tyres, but merely they are very well known manufacturers.

The key to whether a tyre is good or not is dependent not on the brand but the model/ range of tyre. If you can find that out, then Google will be your friend.

Its very difficult to generalise between tyres, because there are so many varieties offered by the same manufacturer.

But if somebody says Pirelli is a poor tyre, I will simply point to the fact they are the only manufacturer supplying tyres to Formula 1 at the moment.

http://www.rankingthebrands.com/The-Brand-Rankings.aspx?rankingID=292&nav=category

Go for it. I am using P6000 (made in Hungary) on one of my cars and it is proving to be excellent so far in terms of grip and wear. I had Indonesian Bridgestones before on this same car and they wore off like an eraser and did not offer much grip either. Completely different from the Japanese Bridgestone Potenzas which were very good on a different car I had. But they were expensive.

As for Dunlops I have used both the Thai made Japanese made ones and cannot rate either well. The price was attractive but grip was average and wear was really bad on both, a lot worse on the Thai built ones.

Other brands that I can recommend confidently are Kumho (as good as the Yokohamas they replaced but cheaper) and Avon. Both offer good value for their ratings imo and under cut the "premium" brands. The Michelin high performance tyres are excellent (probably the best I have experienced) but very pricey. When I bought the Avons it was double that price!!! The Michelin "Energy" tyre does not do it for me with low grip.

True with the comments given with regard to the Dunlop tyres. They wear pretty quickly.

I have been using a set of 185/65/14 Yokohama A Drive Indonesian made. Now it has run 42000+ km and still looking good. Definitely it will run another 15000-20000kms without any issues. I bought it from Unit#d Mot#rs 9000 each 2+ years back.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2016 at 11:39 AM, NRA95 said:

Guys, To**ta La**a is a giving 35% for Pirelli tires. (For S*mpath Bank credit card holders) 

So the Pirelli tire will be the same price as a Malaysian Good Year tire. Is it worth going for Pirelli tires? Are there any issues with Pirelli tires? 

Anyone bought Pirelli tyres with Sampath offer? How are the prices? Does the offer worth it?