• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Cs1 Glx 2003 Car With Mileage 270000

Le Sabre

Question

23 answers to this question

According to my knowladge CS1 is a 1300cc car. CS2 is 1500cc and CS3 is above 1500cc.

CS1 is bit underpowered compaired to the other 2 models. This is evidant in upcountry roads. For colombo running its pretty economical. I have a Manual tranny EFI CS1 which easily does 12.5 km per litre in Colombo traffic. I have acheived 16 km/l outstation on Long distance (non hilly) and 13.5 km/l on a Riverstan trip.

CS2 is more balanced car. Afriend of mind had one. That was more fuel efficient than mine. But that was a carb model. But I dnt knw abt the EFI modle of CS2.

I have not had an issue with finding spares. PM me if you want the places.

If you are looking for an automatic, make sure it was imported by the agents. Because to my knowladge there were few issues with the automatic Cedia which was imported reconditioned.

Hi

I own a Lancer CS1-GL, manufacture year 2001(Brand New).GL is the semi option & GLX is the full option model & i think GLX are the ones comes in AUTO...my car a 1300cc carb & Manual.. the car does very well on fuel in city & in outstations... . In heavy traffic with AC it does 10-11 & in outstations its about 14 with AC & fully loaded..yes its pulling power is low considering the 1500cc model... the car is a very spacious car & frankly i've never seen a car that has that much of space in that category.. i've only had to change the timing belt & for that i went to the agents.. you can find spare parts in any major city no worries,,, i've been using the car for more than a year & other than the timing belt i had to change viper blades only..most of these cars are imported brand new.. so if you happen to buy a one, i suggest you go for a brand new imported cuz most of them are in good condition & its good value for the money spent...there's a myth saying that lancers are hard to sell but if you get the Sunday paper & make few calls for lancer sellers you'll find that almost all the car are sold by Sunday evening,,,,so i dont see any trouble selling it back,, anyway Lancer CS1 is a very good car which i'm enjoying very much!

Hi

I own a Lancer CS1-GL, manufacture year 2001(Brand New).GL is the semi option & GLX is the full option model & i think GLX are the ones comes in AUTO...my car a 1300cc carb & Manual.. the car does very well on fuel in city & in outstations... . In heavy traffic with AC it does 10-11 & in outstations its about 14 with AC & fully loaded..yes its pulling power is low considering the 1500cc model... the car is a very spacious car & frankly i've never seen a car that has that much of space in that category.. i've only had to change the timing belt & for that i went to the agents.. you can find spare parts in any major city no worries,,, i've been using the car for more than a year & other than the timing belt i had to change viper blades only..most of these cars are imported brand new.. so if you happen to buy a one, i suggest you go for a brand new imported cuz most of them are in good condition & its good value for the money spent...there's a myth saying that lancers are hard to sell but if you get the Sunday paper & make few calls for lancer sellers you'll find that almost all the car are sold by Sunday evening,,,,so i dont see any trouble selling it back,, anyway Lancer CS1 is a very good car which i'm enjoying very much!

• Like 2

If you want the looks, go for the CK2 and if you're concerned about the age of the ride go for the CS. ;)

The question here was about cars having the same YOM, so age is out of the equation.

Talking about the looks, CK2 does look better in the front but IMO it loses to the boxy rear of the CS :)

hi

I owned a CS1 (GLX) 1.3 manual 2001 which i bought used just after 2 years with the first owner who has purchased it and maintained through agent. The car was extremely reliable and i had it till Jan 2008 (4 1/2) yrs. Only thing which was replaced for 6 1/2 and 85,000 km was the front dampers. Car was little underpowered so you have change down bit early for hills and overtaking however you get used to it. I regularly used it going up and down Colombo / Nuwara Eliya via Hatton 4 up with a week full of luggage. Car makes up for lack of power with good handling and comfort.

Most of the CS1 are 1.3 and the early ones (2001-2002) are manuals, most of autos came in the face lift models post 2003. Early ones were fully loaded with factory 6 CD changer fog lamps alloys while post 2003 had locally fitted CD, alloys.

Due to high depreciation they make good secondhand buys. Check the history of ownership many were given on hire purchase for companies and military.

From what I've heard Cedia is the carb model.

Thanks for this post. There were lot of information. Can anybody share the experience of Lancer CS2 fuel figures as well? I see the CS2 is bit hard to find but I guess its the more or less the same engine parts?

I have driven a lancer CK1 (1300cc). Bit hard to accelerate on 3rd gear at low revs, but did very well on fuel (almost 14-15).

And finally, I must say this. There aren't lot of cars that you can feel the reliability, comfort, sportiness and friendly on your purse. For sure, CK1 is one of them! I guess CS1 is like that as well?

Edited by razordj

If it says 270,000km, then you can be sure the owner is honest enough to not hide the flaws of the car. Dude, you were told how to do a search the last time you ask something like this here. Don;t be an askhole! Can't you learn?

edit:
Mod's is there some action that can be taken about users/threads like this?

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

If it says 270,000km, then you can be sure the owner is honest enough to not hide the flaws of the car.

Dude, you were told how to do a search the last time you ask something like this here. Don't you learn? Dont be an askhole!

thanks for the response bro, i go thru the Mitsubishi forum and there are no any specific tread with the mileage of a petrol CS1 car. that's why i ask it on the ASK AN EXPERT section ASK AN EXPERT

Edited by chathudagr8

thanks for the response bro, i go thru the Mitsubishi forum and there are no any specific tread with the mileage of a petrol CS1 car. that's why i ask it on the ASK AN EXPERT section ASK AN EXPERT

How old are you? I'm sure you must be old enough to do an intuitive search.

I personally found 2 significant threads in a simple search. You don't need to 'ask an expert'

Edited by Watchman

If it says 270,000km, then you can be sure the owner is honest enough to not hide the flaws of the car. Dude, you were told how to do a search the last time you ask something like this http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15842-want-to-buy-a-mistubishi-galant-19992000-diesel/#entry257070'>here. Don;t be an askhole! Can't you learn?

edit:Mod's is there some action that can be taken about users/threads like this?

Dude chill, he didn't open a new thread after all no... And his question is rather a unique one so it can pass

I was willing to buy a cs1 glx car, it is about 1.65 M.

Car is with good condition (Inside the car).

But the original mileage is abut 270000. So can any one give me any comment on buying this car ??

Please understand that 270000 is not a very high mileage for a modern petrol engine. A properly maintained petrol engine can easily do 500000 even, before it needs an engine job. I presume tht car has an ORION engine (4G13) which is highly reliable.

Crosswind is right, the CS1 does have a 4G13 engine and it is pretty hardy if maintained properly. I could give you the following pointers as well:

1. Insist on the service records and check when the timing belt has been changed. If it has not been changed within the past 100,000km, you will need to change it ASAP.

2. Since the mileage is comparatively high, look for signs of major body repairs. This goes for any car but you should lift the floor carpet of the trunk and check the rear area. The trunk upholstery can be lifted by unscrewing a plastic bolt that is just near the back of the tail light - if you want to be really thorough.

3. Start the car up and take out the oil dipstick and check for excessive smoke. While the engine is still cool and running, open the radiator cap and check if you can spot any traces of oil on the coolant. If the car was maintained and driven properly, these will all be good.

4. Check the clutch. Take her for a spin and see if the clutch is biting at an acceptable place within pedal traversal. If it bites too high on the pedal, the clutch might be worn. You're looking at about a Rs. 50,000 repair there if using genuine parts.

Is this a pre-facelift CS1 with a carburetor engine? Judging by the price of the car, it does sound like a pre-facelift (2001 - 2003).

• Like 1

Crosswind is right, the CS1 does have a 4G13 engine and it is pretty hardy if maintained properly. I could give you the following pointers as well:

1. Insist on the service records and check when the timing belt has been changed. If it has not been changed within the past 100,000km, you will need to change it ASAP.

2. Since the mileage is comparatively high, look for signs of major body repairs. This goes for any car but you should lift the floor carpet of the trunk and check the rear area. The trunk upholstery can be lifted by unscrewing a plastic bolt that is just near the back of the tail light - if you want to be really thorough.

3. Start the car up and take out the oil dipstick and check for excessive smoke. While the engine is still cool and running, open the radiator cap and check if you can spot any traces of oil on the coolant. If the car was maintained and driven properly, these will all be good.

4. Check the clutch. Take her for a spin and see if the clutch is biting at an acceptable place within pedal traversal. If it bites too high on the pedal, the clutch might be worn. You're looking at about a Rs. 50,000 repair there if using genuine parts.

Is this a pre-facelift CS1 with a carburetor engine? Judging by the price of the car, it does sound like a pre-facelift (2001 - 2003).

Thanks for the informations and im planing to buy this baby for 1.6M . Owner told me that he hav change the timing belts.I inspect the car and there are no any sing of accidents.

Yes you are right with the clutch , its little bit smoother than original behaviour. So seems to be have to do a repair with clutch.

Edited by chathudagr8