• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Vi Starting Issue

civicferio

Hi guys,

I'm posting this onbehalf of my friend because He is totally wrecked with the engine trouble he has in EK3 Vi 1996.

Here is the Issue,

It started with a delay in starting and when engine gets started the RPM ran up to 2000 even when the engine is in working temp. When he start moving under this condition ignition noise came in.

Now the car won’t start unless he keep on starting for 2-3 times.

he has done following thing but the problem is still there.

Changed the throttle body (in intention of changing the IACV)

Changed the Petrol filter and cleaned injectors (Helped to keep him away from the issue for about 3 weeks)

Changed the Ignition coil

Changed plugs

Please help him to overcome this unidentified issue…

Thanks

Does the car burn oil? When he replaced the spark plugs, what was the condition (colour) of the previous plugs?

Car doesn't burn Oil. Spark replaced yesterday.

CAM sensor? What is the state of the T Belt?

there is no any MIL codes. done 80k after changing T-belts

Thanks all.

Car doesn't burn Oil. Spark replaced yesterday.

there is no any MIL codes. done 80k after changing T-belts

Thanks all.

Sometimes some faults do not throw errors. Check the numbers during a live scan. 80K after a T belt change means its time to change, especially in SL.

It could be some notches are broken in the belt and a few teeth have jumped.

Edited by VVTi

Just need a few clarifications. How about the cold start? Is it the same (Not the high revs but repeated starting attempts)? When changing the throttle body in addition did they change IAC valve, fast idle thermo valve (valve located at the bottom side of the throttle), MAP sensor etc along with it? Also once started is it possible to drive the car smoothly (ignoring the high revs of course)?

Just need a few clarifications. How about the cold start? Is it the same (Not the high revs but repeated starting attempts)? When changing the throttle body in addition did they change IAC valve, fast idle thermo valve (valve located at the bottom side of the throttle), MAP sensor etc along with it? Also once started is it possible to drive the car smoothly (ignoring the high revs of course)?

Cold start is okay ( in the morning ). after the normal start it drives smoothly. but when the issue happens ignition sound comes and the car is not smooth.

IAC and MAP sensor changed along with the TB.

Cold start is okay ( in the morning ). after the normal start it drives smoothly. but when the issue happens ignition sound comes and the car is not smooth.

IAC and MAP sensor changed along with the TB.

OK. If you remove the air duct from the throttle body you would notice two ports before the throttle flap on the throttle body - one towards IAC valve and another one located below the first port. With the engine warmed up and in idle, you should not feel any vacuum on the lower port. One can just keep a finger on the port to detect the vacuum. It helps to rev up and down couple of times while checking to see if it makes any difference for the problem is intermittent. If there is vacuum on the lower port when the engine is hot then you have problem with the thermo valve. Make sure the coolant lines connected to the thermo valve are OK and the valve gets warmed up along with the engine block. You can feel the valve to observe it warming up after a cold start. If this is OK then you are likely to have a problem with timing as others have pointed out above.

• 1 month later...

I think am experiencing the same issue. Morning start never fails but after drive and try to start ONLY some times it takes a while to start.

leaving the car for few minutes will do the trick. Could it be ECT sensor ?

CIVIC Ferio - EK3 (ML)- Normal Auto - 1997

May I also know where I can buy this ECT Sensor from? (Other than Stafford Motors )

I rang TECK motors ,I v been asked remove it and bring..

Is there a model number or any sort of number(temperature) that I need to match.??

I think am experiencing the same issue. Morning start never fails but after drive and try to start ONLY some times it takes a while to start.

leaving the car for few minutes will do the trick. Could it be ECT sensor ?

CIVIC Ferio - EK3 (ML)- Normal Auto - 1997

Check the starter motor solonoide and starter motor condition before moving into sensor replacement.

I too facing the same issue from Sunday.

car doesnt start at 1st time... this normally happens when starting after a quite long break( like 3hrs +) only occurs during the 1st attempt.

Today, I check plugs, battery and air filter... and found out that there are some kind of a liquid inside the throttle body.

Is this normal?? if not what can be the issue???

Il try to upload images of my throttle body

Engine is D15Z4 ,EK3 exi