• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3- Radiator , A/c Condenser

Sssuneth

Model : EK3 ML Auto gear (Normal not MM)1997 Manufactured

1.)Existing radiator needs a replacement. its a single core one. I am thinking to replace with a original Honda (used) 2 core radiator.

1.1)Anybody knows where I can buy a used original radiator ?

1.2) would you recommend used radiators ?

1.3) Is it okay to replace with 2 core instead 1?

2.) My air con continuously troubles me. did a full service 8 months back then 4-5 months later gas escaped then replaced O-rings from the both end of the cooler. technician said cooler is fine. now after 2 months Gas has escaped again..

now He goes , it could be the cooler or the O-rings at the filter. additionally he said need to replace condenser with a large one.I have original (smaller condenser-no modification done). with the current condenser High side Psi goes beyond 200 always (according to the technician) so too much (pressure / heat could result a gas leakage)

2.2) do I really have to change to a large one / will it make significant difference to the coldness ?

it could block my radiator (which is not in good shape) though.

Thank you very much indeed.

Radiator - Check delkanda, using dual core is good, however even single core does the job well. Normally they give about 2,3 days warrenty to identify any leaks, damages. So you will not have an issue

A/C - Having larger condensor is better in our country. And that will taken some load off the compressure as the heat exchange is more efficient. However trace down your gas leak before that.

Looks like the A/C place not did a proper job on your vehicle. Check the cooler and A/C filter for leaks and check the condition of the cooler. Pressure can be build up because of any existing blocks on the system. But on a full service they should remove everything and clean them to prevent any blockage. The original small condenser is not enough for the heat we have on these days. But it's not very bad either if it's in good condition. Did a full service yesterday for my EK3 which has a smaller condenser.

Recondition original cooler - Rs. 6500/=

A/C filter - Rs. 850/=

They had bigger condensers for Rs.6500/=

@ Chanaka Gunawardena

Where is that place ?

I have replaced with a bigger condenser, I feel now AC works much better than the smaller one, after replacing it, cooling is much better in any heat condition.

There is a place in Batththaramulla Kosswatta. Just before the Kosswatta Junction from battaramulla. He did a great job.

@Ek3 Ferio

may I know how much did that cost you. have you got his contact number or the name of the garage

And what make is the condenser ?

thanks

Edited by Sssuneth

i would suggest you to first change your a\c technician.my one having small condenser with dual core. climate control does good job it everything up to standard even with 25' C..ask some assistant fro other to guide you to a good place.

btw your one is mi ? ml ?

Edited by maheshw

may I know how much did that cost you. have you got his contact number or the name of the garage

And what make is the condenser ?

thanks

I did the repair 2 years back, replaced condenser and compressor both total cost was 29k. Will PM you the details.

• 3 weeks later...
I have replaced with a bigger condenser, I feel now AC works much better than the smaller one, after replacing it, cooling is much better in any heat condition.

There is a place in Batththaramulla Kosswatta. Just before the Kosswatta Junction from battaramulla. He did a great job.

is that solid ac?

how much you pay for the service ? clean and gas re-charge? is he got compressors?