• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Sedan Car For 1.3 Lks

dammika.me

Question

Dammika

Go for AE100 man.

It's a good looking, comfy and trouble free car.

Almost every part is available at Delkanda and most of drivetrain and suspension components are interchangeable with AE110.

Comparing with Nissan Toyota is always ahead of quality.

Good resale value.

Make your choice.

• Like 1

FB 14 is also a bullet proof car and bit newer than AT 192. But I doubt that FB 14 is for 1.3 mil. Anyway go for full light version.

Have to disagree with you on this. my previous ride was a FB14. owned it for 3+ years and it was a nightmare. can't think of anything that i did not repair on it.

it's a highly overrated car in the local market. I would go for a Carina AT192 or a carefully used Mazda Butterfly. Both cars are better looking and reliable than the FB14. AE100 would be in the same category but it looks a bit old.
  • Like 3

Used both CE100 and SB14 (diesel) each car 5 years over 100,000 km

CE 100 no only the A/C was repaired

SB 14 had several issues including a suspension overhaul

I would recommend the AE100 over the FB 14

Besides it is a well-known fact that the AE100 is the best Corolla to date in terms of built quality and reliability.

• Like 2

FB 14 is also a bullet proof car and bit newer than AT 192. But I doubt that FB 14 is for 1.3 mil. Anyway go for full light version.

Well not really but to give the battered car SOME hope...dad's company owned a FB14. They used it really really hard (abused it is actually a better term); every single dang thing on that car fell apart and things were actually stuck together as it did; but the engine just kept going on and on and on...granted the gearbox c%^&ped out but still the engine ran and by the time they got rid of it had about 200K <selling it was a nightmare and had to pretty much give it away since it looked so miserable>.

Well not really but to give the battered car SOME hope...dad's company owned a FB14. They used it really really hard (abused it is actually a better term); every single dang thing on that car fell apart and things were actually stuck together as it did; but the engine just kept going on and on and on...granted the gearbox c%^&ped out but still the engine ran and by the time they got rid of it had about 200K <selling it was a nightmare and had to pretty much give it away since it looked so miserable>.

and for me i had crankcase cover issues on both GA15DE's

the FNB14 i had had a oil leak from the crank case and found out it was cracked and the previous owner has Fiberglassed it.

then i replaced a new "tappet cover" and it still didnt fully fixed the problem

the second fb14 i bought had the same oil leak issue after a while, replaced the tappet cover seal but the problem was there.

also another problem with the b14 is its a bit too low. for a family car, it kept scraping everywhere so i had to fit bigger wheels

and thats just the start of it, repairs kept piling up in both cars one after the other.shocks, maf sensors, then after a while on my fb14 the diagnose plug stop detecting, both were autogear and had gearbox issues, power steering rack issues, brake issues (for the non-ABS cars (before 1997))

and my friend who bought a FNN15 pulsar (converted to FWD now) has having all these issues.

so yes i wouldnt call a fb14 buletproof.

• Like 4

I own two (CE)110s (YOM1998) yet I still think AE100 has a better look as a sedan car.

AE100 is a rock solid car and it is aging very well.

AT192 and Mazda are not bad selections anyway

the FNB14 i had had a oil leak from the crank case and found out it was cracked and the previous owner has Fiberglassed it.

the second fb14 i bought had the same oil leak issue after a while, replaced the tappet cover seal but the problem was there.

also another problem with the b14 is its a bit too low. for a family car, it kept scraping everywhere so i had to fit bigger wheels

and thats just the start of it, repairs kept piling up in both cars one after the other.shocks, maf sensors, then after a while on my fb14 the diagnose plug stop detecting, both were autogear and had gearbox issues, power steering rack issues, brake issues (for the non-ABS cars (before 1997))

and my friend who bought a FNN15 pulsar (converted to FWD now) has having all these issues.

LOL...you got to love that car....like i said...everything fell apart....everything...but the engine just kept going on (and no I am not saying the engine was perfect...it just kept going on and on......) and yes this too had a oil leak from the valve cover gasket...and another one from the oil filter housing. Suspension was so worn out the thing looked like a dog with two dead hind legs so I can't recollect what the actual height of the car was :)

• Like 1

If I had to pick among the above, I would go for the butterfly without hesitation. It gives a certain driving pleasure which others don't. Both AE100 and FB14 are just shapeless lumps of metal. AT 192 is fine if u don't mind its looks. Another option is Ford Laser based on Mazda Butterfly. You can get a 300- or 301- for that price and that, in my humble opinion is a bulletproof car. I know. cos I abused one.

• Like 2

LOL...you got to love that car....like i said...everything fell apart....everything...but the engine just kept going on (and no I am not saying the engine was perfect...it just kept going on and on......) and yes this too had a oil leak from the valve cover gasket...and another one from the oil filter housing. Suspension was so worn out the thing looked like a dog with two dead hind legs so I can't recollect what the actual height of the car was :)

it does it does with constant meddling..

I would Suggest Nissan Presea R11.

Best look for the Budget, Entry Level Luxury Japanese Domestic Car.

With many option that other cars in same price don't give.

Eg. Reading Lamps, Rear Arm Rest, Rear seat Dickey access etc.

Value for money Buying.

2000 G number if u lucky.

• Like 1

again no.

the Presea is basically the same car as the b14 with a different body, same engine and drivetrain and other bits

and its kinda heavy on fuel, and if the car hasnt been looked after properly it will give water leakes because of the pillarless doors (encounterd one)

if you want more bells and whistles and it has to be nissan ill suggest something like a u13 or a u14 bluebird still wont be economical as a bhalp or a ae100/at192

also i would suggest a at190 corona. can get one under 1.3M and its a really nice car with all the options Uditha88 mentioned on the presea. and more economical than the presea

• Like 1

Ha haa.. Looks like i'm not the only one. Here comes my list of repairs done on my FB14.

Complete overhaul in suspension (Shocks, Arms, CV Joints etc.)

Repaired two oil leaks in two different occasions in the engine oil sump

Replaced Alternater

Replaced Distributor

Repaired the auto gearbox as it failed to shift to the second gear.

Replaced the A/C console as it failed functioning (My one had a touch panel)

Major repairs in the braking system. replaced brake disks due to thinning, had some brake binding issues as well.

Replaced ignition plug wires

Complete overhaul in the exhaust system due to excessive corrosion.

Replaced engine mounts.phew.. and the list goes on..

and at the time i was selling there was a auto gear oil leak from the sump. the damn engine kept on vibrating at start up, cooling system was falling apart and the ECU was kaput !!

All of this happened during 2005-2009. so, just imagine the number of issues current owners of these cars might be having. :)

Edited by LashNeo
  • Like 2

Ohooo had auto oil leak and engine mount kaput isues as well.

Also both my b14s were non abs. So when the disks heat up, The brakes get very weak, doesnt take long, happend from mawanella to kandy. Nearly killed me once. Replaced master pump, calipers, disks etc but still same thing. Oh n had brake binding issue's too. That was fixed after replacing the master pump.

God i hate the fb14

• Like 1

The one i used was a good one & was not a head q for me.it a Manual one with ABS

when i got clocked 182000 km

Replaced all lower arm bushes

Replaced Brake Pads\calipers

After two months had to replace clutch plates & due to some manufacture faults on product i used had to take out them after two days.

sort out easily.

after few months starts to heat.found out it was relay which connecting to fans just 500/-

Did a fully EFI tune up. it worked perfectly. out put was really good.

sold @ 198000km

not a single oil leaks.

no sensor faults.

no electrical issues.

A\C was perfect.

every electrical part functioned well.

super interior. not a single damage.paint was bit faded.

Still worrying.93e1.jpg

• Like 3

Ha haa.. Looks like i'm not the only one. Here comes my list of repairs done on my FB14.

Complete overhaul in suspension (Shocks, Arms, CV Joints etc.)

Repaired two oil leaks in two different occasions in the engine oil sump

Replaced Alternater

Replaced Distributor

Repaired the auto gearbox as it failed to shift to the second gear.

Replaced the A/C console as it failed functioning (My one had a touch panel)

Major repairs in the braking system. replaced brake disks due to thinning, had some brake binding issues as well.

Replaced ignition plug wires

Complete overhaul in the exhaust system due to excessive corrosion.

Replaced engine mounts.phew.. and the list goes on..

and at the time i was selling there was a auto gear oil leak from the sump. the damn engine kept on vibrating at start up, cooling system was falling apart and the ECU was kaput !!

All of this happened during 2005-2009. so, just imagine the number of issues current owners of these cars might be having. :)

What a lemon :)

EG8s are also an option, but not easy to hunt down a good condition one for a this price range, specially a vtec model. By reading above posts, i think given the age/mileage of these cars, all these models need similar repairs done.

• Like 1