• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hummer H2

dushman

Has anyone seen that unreg Humvee in Battaramulla. A friend of mine showed couple of photos taken with it.

When you see say humvee, do you mean a 1st gen hummer? Or a green military 'loooking' one ? If it's the latter, I got some news for you. That's a land rover :D

edit:

1229931_598355206873661_1123442709_n.jpg

Edited by Watchman

Yes it's the military one. Not sure if it's the same one in the pic. Didn't carry a number plate at that time.

When you see say humvee, do you mean a 1st gen hummer? Or a green military 'loooking' one ? If it's the latter, I got some news for you. That's a land rover :D

edit:

1229931_598355206873661_1123442709_n.jpg

Machan Watchman, can't see the pic.... If it's the Humvee that belongs to Osanda, that's legit as far as I know.

Yes it's osanda's. And in a previous discussion about this, it was mentioned that it was built ona LR chassis. In fact if you take a look, you'll notice that it has a front Diff. the actual humvee doesn't have a diff. and the front bumper (chassis) is also off.

1014735_558061350903047_2083660639_o.jpg

Yes it's osanda's. And in a previous discussion about this, it was mentioned that it was built ona LR chassis. In fact if you take a look, you'll notice that it has a front Diff. the actual humvee doesn't have a diff. and the front bumper (chassis) is also off.

1014735_558061350903047_2083660639_o.jpg

Oh? Didn't know that.... will check it out.

Speaking of H1s, do we have any in SL?

Well then, like crosswind told someone else, your best bet is to ask one of those old amma's outside wellawatte kovil.

There's no way to predict the Sri Lankan car market tho. If you want a bourgeois SUV that you can sell at a profit then but a Prado. You can't go wrong

its a 2007 one so what do u think about the price? (19mil)

Yep. There's a black one somewhere in Kurunegala. Fuzzo was the first one to bring us this piece of info. Even i was very pretty curious and was bugging him constantly for a photo. There WAS one, shared eventually.

we did. there was one black RHD imported from australia. owner had it for some time and shipped it back. this is legit info from the horses' mouth i met the owner. my friend bought his 300ZX TT off of him. he also has the only 1993 honda NSX in the country. that car made me cry. like a baby

Edited by Komisiripala

My god :o

too bad he shipped it back. H1s are pretty rare as I hear. Even down here I have seen only 3 for the whole time I have been here. And a NSX??? This thread got a whole lot more interesting :)

@OP, a Hummer isn't the type of vehicle that is traded frequently to establish an accepted market price. Even common cars' prices are subjective. It will depend on the condition of the vehicle and how much the buyer is willing to pay for it. And it certainly cannot be predicted how much you can recover from it or if you can sell it at all. Like MD mentioned, it's a type of vehicle you buy with your heart. Since you're asking about spare parts availability and resale value....

the totalled NSX was the fixed light model. was owned by some dude in kurunegala. he wrecked it. chassis was bent. was lying around at stafford and eventually he sold the chassis to a dude in moratuwa for a pittance. like 700,000 i think,. it had aluminium body panels, so no dent repairing/tinkering could be done. they straightened the chassis, and got down the CF wide body kit for the car. slapped in on, painted it hideous tweetybird yellow, and put it up for sale at everybody's favourite car sale for a whopping figure of 11 million rupees.

for a totalled, write off car. it's still there.

trouble is, its really hard to keep the truth from surfacing in a small, connected country like ours.

i was thinking of buying a Ferari 355 for 25mil, anyone can update me on the Spareparts availability and fuel consumption

Fuel consumption is 14 kmpl for the nickel handle model and 6 kmpl for the non-nickel handle version. Always go for the nickel handle version because it has a better fuel consumption and good second hand market. Spare parts can be found in delkanda. I just sold mine for 30 mil

• Like 3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Komisiripala" data-cid="257973" data-time="1393833275"><p>

the totalled NSX was the fixed light model. was owned by some dude in kurunegala. he wrecked it. chassis was bent. was lying around at stafford and eventually he sold the chassis to a dude in moratuwa for a pittance. like 700,000 i think,. it had aluminium body panels, so no dent repairing/tinkering could be done. they straightened the chassis, and got down the CF wide body kit for the car. slapped in on, painted it hideous tweetybird yellow, and put it up for sale at everybody's favourite car sale for a whopping figure of 11 million rupees. <br />

<br />

for a totalled, write off car. it's still there. <br />

<br />

trouble is, its really hard to keep the truth from surfacing in a small, connected country like ours. </p></blockquote>

That's sad story. One less NSX to the world

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Komisiripala" data-cid="257973" data-time="1393833275"><p>

the totalled NSX was the fixed light model. was owned by some dude in kurunegala. he wrecked it. chassis was bent. was lying around at stafford and eventually he sold the chassis to a dude in moratuwa for a pittance. like 700,000 i think,. it had aluminium body panels, so no dent repairing/tinkering could be done. they straightened the chassis, and got down the CF wide body kit for the car. slapped in on, painted it hideous tweetybird yellow, and put it up for sale at everybody's favourite car sale for a whopping figure of 11 million rupees. <br />

<br />

for a totalled, write off car. it's still there. <br />

<br />

trouble is, its really hard to keep the truth from surfacing in a small, connected country like ours. </p></blockquote>

That's sad story. One less NSX to the world

well its there... i mean, you know, for "poser-bility" purposes! as long as the owner doesn't push it past 88mph...

for fuel consumption u can make full tank on one petrol station and next station u can do the same and on and on. i think for 25mill car ur credit card not breaks

How many kilometers can it do when the low fuel indicator is on?