• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Exporting Classics

carboy2011

Could be a broker who does not know of the law. Most countries won't register a car if it has not been properly de registered from the country of source.

well the advertiser has a whole load of classics (mostly rotten and neglected) and advertises a lot on ###### site and does a bit on fb too he does not look like a proverbial ignorant broker either by the looks of his fb profile

Exporting certain classic cars is strictly prohibited.That's the law.It was put in to effect in the 90s following an appeal by the Classic Car Club Ceylon Because people very exporting all kinds of rare vehicles back to USA,Europe or Australia which included a Merc 300SL gullwing.

We were the last to export a classic lawfully before the restrictions came in to effect.A Triumph TR3A which was bought by an Australian.I was able to track the car down recently and happily it's still with the gent being pampered in a climate controlled garage in Melbourne.

well the advertiser has a whole load of classics (mostly rotten and neglected) and advertises a lot on ###### site and does a bit on fb too he does not look like a proverbial ignorant broker either by the looks of his fb profile

But a broker never the less, out to make a quick buck. I'd rather buy from the actual owner, as then I can get important things like the history behind the car, the stuff which makes classics interesting.

I think some cars were smuggled out of the country even after the law came into effect. Such a shame.

Yup still being done....sad.

On the other hand some rare birds are finding their way on to our shores...so that's a positive I guess,regardless of how its being done.