• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Barrel Bbq Build

Ripper

thank you all :)

MD, Peri... we can do a meetup at MD's place an i can bring the rig :) My place has little space plus two large dogs

As for the wood... i've gotten down hickory, oak, mesquite for the moment

And no you don't get them in SL... at least i couldn't find a place.

I've got a stock shipped down from the UK.

Forget the smoke! That BBQ looks awesome! It looks pretty darn good for something built as a backyard project. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was a kit u assembled or something! Very cool Ripper. (And good to see you on the forums again buddy!)

Edit: Wait a minute! Apple wood chips? What on earth?! Apple wood chips in Wattala?! Am I missing something here? Or should I be looking out for apple trees and fruit ripened apples instead of pineapples next time I drive through the Wattala area? :D

Thanks buddy. Was fair bit of work this time around... learned pyrography too.

gearing up for the next project. a cyclekart with junior.

just gotta get my mig welder going and source a waterpump engine :)

No apple trees in wattala area. just lotsa pork and booze joints :D

Wonder if you use locally available wood if you can change the flavours? Karapincha? Mango?

i bet you could but it's quite a gamble as this is a long process. over 6 hrs at least so if you do get it wrong... it's quite a loss.

As for the wood... i've gotten down hickory, oak, mesquite for the moment

And no you don't get them in SL... at least i couldn't find a place.

I've got a stock shipped down from the UK.

Importing WOOD chips form the UK to burn in a BBQ? Holy crap. My mind is now officially blown! Give me a sec while I scoop up what remains of my grey matter back into my skull so as to finish this post...

Thanks buddy. Was fair bit of work this time around... learned pyrography too.

gearing up for the next project. a cyclekart with junior.

just gotta get my mig welder going and source a waterpump engine :)

No apple trees in wattala area. just lotsa pork and booze joints :D

Yeah! And beautifully done too! I sincerely thought it was some sort of kit you ordered down off eBay and assembled, it looked that good. I had to look a couple of times and read through some of the descriptions of the components before it dawned on me that the stuff was locally sourced and crafted by you. Good job!

I know for a fact that people use cinnamon wood to smoke meat and fish in the villages in the south. Perhaps you can try that?

a drive towards Baddegama area you will find many people selling Kurundu dara.

Wow! Great idea Aquaman. That should be quite interesting to try out...I wonder if it all makes a substantial difference though?

Awesome Stuff Ripper.. and wood work is masterpiece., Oh just remembering How Smoked pork ribs tasted like after seeing this..

thanks machang

need to try ribs next time.

I know for a fact that people use cinnamon wood to smoke meat and fish in the villages in the south. Perhaps you can try that?

a drive towards Baddegama area you will find many people selling Kurundu dara.

thanks for the tip. will try it and see. i've heard having oil in the wood might not be the best for smoking as it can be left behind on the meat. but will give it a go as it's easier to source than importing chips

YOu use LPG?

Nope. I'm an ardent supporter of charcoal grilling. both these units i've made run on charcoal

Importing WOOD chips form the UK to burn in a BBQ? Holy crap. My mind is now officially blown! Give me a sec while I scoop up what remains of my grey matter back into my skull so as to finish this post...

Yeah! And beautifully done too! I sincerely thought it was some sort of kit you ordered down off eBay and assembled, it looked that good. I had to look a couple of times and read through some of the descriptions of the components before it dawned on me that the stuff was locally sourced and crafted by you. Good job!

Wow! Great idea Aquaman. That should be quite interesting to try out...I wonder if it all makes a substantial difference though?

thanks machang.

the full build is on my fb... took fair bit of work. especially things like the air intake etc

yeah importing wood chips seems rather stupid considering process and cost. it doesn't take a lot of chips plus i wont be smoking lots :)

thanks machang.

the full build is on my fb... took fair bit of work. especially things like the air intake etc

yeah importing wood chips seems rather stupid considering process and cost. it doesn't take a lot of chips plus i wont be smoking lots :)

No I mean whatever works, I'm totally ignorant on the subject of smoking meat!

Besides some people spend mad money on wine, cigars and single malt too, its pretty much a personal thing, but something that my bata slipper and T-shirt mind hadn't considered before. (But I shall certainly make note of it and will whip it out as ammo to keep the ole neighbours in check: Next time someone gets going on how much they spent on their cigars or wine I'll slip in the: Yeah I keep having to import wood chips for our wood fire, etc... and walk away leaving them to mull THAT over !! :D)

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1