• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abs Light Won't Turn On

denprash

Question

Recently I checked a suzuki grand vitara 2006 model & found that ABS light won't turn on & go off in the dash board.Basically No ABS light blinks at the startup.What are the possible reasons for this issue? Is it expensive to repair ABS errors? Can this occur if we remove the battery for longer time period & set it back? do we need to reset ABS sensors?

13 answers to this question

One possible cause is that the ABS indicator bulb is blown. Replacing the bulb will solve the issue. ABS will still continue to work despite the indicator failure, so you can maybe take the car for a spin and step on the brakes (in a way that you get the wheels to lock) to check if you feel the ABS coming into action.

Edited by Davy

Recently I checked a suzuki grand vitara 2006 model & found that ABS light won't turn on & go off in the dash board.Basically No ABS light blinks at the startup.What are the possible reasons for this issue? Is it expensive to repair ABS errors? Can this occur if we remove the battery for longer time period & set it back? do we need to reset ABS sensors?

well if you are looking for that vehicle to buy, then you cant just remove the dash and inspect the bulb ne. and i dont think the owner will be ok with you leaving skid marks as well. the most suitable thing is for you to do is, if the vehicle is up to your standard, and willing to buy, ask the owner to fix the bug. a simple analyzer check from the agent or any place that have the gadget will do.

well if you are looking for that vehicle to buy, then you cant just remove the dash and inspect the bulb ne. and i dont think the owner will be ok with you leaving skid marks as well. the most suitable thing is for you to do is, if the vehicle is up to your standard, and willing to buy, ask the owner to fix the bug. a simple analyzer check from the agent or any place that have the gadget will do.

Dude you dont need to leave skid marks to test the ABS. Just drive on some gravel and hit the brakes hard.. you should feel the ABS kick in.

Dude you dont need to leave skid marks to test the ABS. Just drive on some gravel and hit the brakes hard.. you should feel the ABS kick in.

Plus if ABS is working properly, there wouldn't be any skid marks in the first place. :)

• Like 1

Ha ha i know, i know.. you will feel the pulsating break paddle thingy, like when u drive on ice.. i was just telling him that the owner would not like you stepping on breaks like a leyland bus guy in his car...

Sorry guys for using "skid marks" :)

Edited by charithtg

Ha ha i know, i know.. you will feel the pulsating break paddle thingy, like when u drive on ice.. i was just telling him that the owner would not like you stepping on breaks like a leyland bus guy in his car...

You politely ask the seller why the ABS light doesnt light up, and if he says that it's due to a faulty bulb, you can tell him you would like to test the ABS during the test drive. And give him a heads up before slamming on the brakes. I don't think a honest/decent seller would mind.

edited... :)

Edited by VVTi