• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Selling Vehicles Without Cr

charithtg

fcuk me!

They spend millions on it, then brag all about automating the system, and in the end, the final authentication document is printed by an underpaid, unappreciated, dissatisfied government servant. Oh joy!

yeap, i was thinking the same thing. this is last year by the way. i do not know whether they have any updates done recently. and i really doubt that beacuse last November i saw a CR for a Trooper that was printed in September 2013. which didnt have the body color and the enigne CC. so i though what my friend told me might be very true because such thing wont happen if the whole thing is automated and computerized.

fcuk me!

They spend millions on it, then brag all about automating the system, and in the end, the final authentication document is printed by an underpaid, unappreciated, dissatisfied government servant. Oh joy!

You can say that again. I have a CR where they printed only the first two digits of the chassis number. One doesn't have to be a genius to realize that a chassis number should have more than two digits. When I inquired RMV they wanted me to bring the vehicle for inspection and to do the needful. I still did not have time to go there.

Edited by Rumesh88

You can say that again. I have a CR where they printed only the first two digits of the chassis number. One doesn't have to be a genius to realize that a chassis number should have more than two digits. When I inquired RMV they wanted me to bring the vehicle for inspection and to do the needful. I still did not have time to go there.

Seriously?? how did that happen? i mean is something you bought recently? if so why did u take that much of a risk of getting a vehicle with shady a CR...

Seriously?? how did that happen? i mean is something you bought recently? if so why did u take that much of a risk of getting a vehicle with shady a CR...

I checked with RMV they said it was only an issue with their data entry. Otherwise the CR was valid.

Computerisation brings a whole new plethora of problems, as we now have crooked operators etc. In the UK the printed document is well its just a record. You can check the authenthicity of a vehicle by means of a check with a system called HPI, which will list if the registration number is under investigation, a suspected clone etc.

The advantage of this check is that if subsequently the vehicle is found to be a clone, or stolen etc and you based your decision to buy the vehicle on the basis of the check, your loss will be covered by an insurance policy that accompanies the check (HPI doesn't offer the insurance, but the agents who supply their services do). I think £15 is a worthwhile price to pay for peace of mind.

What the RMV needs to do is if the entire system including the issurance of revenue licenses are linked up, they should be able to find the clones by running a simple data check on records they have (like revenue licenses being issued twice for the same vehicle).

These vehicles should be red flagged and possibly apprehended when they come in for the smoke test or something similar.

I mean there are ways of closing the loop holes if you really wanted to, but the bribery culture prevents actual progress being made.

fcuk me!

In one of our vehicles, before the one day transfer of a CR, it had 4 owners listed since the first registration (old CR), after the transfer it had 14 owners, still had same names for previous owners (new one shows only last 3 owners, i think). Din't bother to go back and change it again.

In one of our vehicles, before the one day transfer of a CR, it had 4 owners listed since the first registration (old CR), after the transfer it had 14 owners, still had same names for previous owners (new one shows only last 3 owners, i think). Din't bother to go back and change it again.

well good possibility the reason is the same we were discussing above :).. hardly think its a TYPO..