• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Es3 Jdm Vs Mazda Axela 1500Cc

Jeevan C

Question

Hi friends,

I'm looking forward to upgrade my car and a bit confused about the two options on my mind. Budget is 2.8-3.0m. Wonder which is best suited..Mazda Axela 1500cc or Honda ES3 JDM? At the moment I'm driving an ES1 2001 Vtec 1500cc.

Followings are the concerns

1. Resale value

2. Spare parts availability

3. Pulling power

If you have any other suggestions than two above mentioned cars, please put them on the table.

Thanks in advance

Jeev

11 answers to this question

Hi friends,

I'm looking forward to upgrade my car and a bit confused about the two options on my mind. Budget is 2.8-3.0m. Wonder which is best suited..Mazda Axela 1500cc or Honda ES3 JDM? At the moment I'm driving an ES1 2001 Vtec 1500cc.

Followings are the concerns

1. Resale value

2. Spare parts availability

3. Pulling power

If you have any other suggestions than two above mentioned cars, please put them on the table.

Thanks in advance

Jeev

Mazda Axela FTW! has a good resale value, plenty of spare parts and a good pulling power. Also do consider the corolla 141 and if you can stretch your budget a little bit more a registered 2008 Lancer Ex is a very good option too.

Thanks Mr.Reckless :)

Btw I heard 141 (not the axio version) is pretty bad on fuel. Any idea about 141's (1600cc, 2007/08) fuel consumption mate?

Cheers!

Get a corolla 121 if you want resale value, spare parts availability. Pulling power is not too bad.

But personally I wouldn't call it an 'upgrade'

and be clear about your criteria. you mentioned 1. resale value 2. spare parts availability 3. pulling power. you didn't mention fuel economy.

Edited by Crosswind

Get a corolla 121 if you want resale value, spare parts availability. Pulling power is not too bad.

But personally I wouldn't call it an 'upgrade'

and be clear about your criteria. you mentioned 1. resale value 2. spare parts availability 3. pulling power. you didn't mention fuel economy.

Thanks Crosswind.

Yes, I got the same feeling on 121. So it would not be in my list.

Fuel economy was not in the criterion as I was comparing Mazda Axela Vs Civic 1.6 (i guess both are doing more or less the same). But I heard 141 does surprisingly lower compared to both (i heard some are doing around 7km/L). Just wanted to clariffy whether that is true or otherwise.

Appreaciate ur expertise!

Thanks Crosswind.

Yes, I got the same feeling on 121. So it would not be in my list.

Fuel economy was not in the criterion as I was comparing Mazda Axela Vs Civic 1.6 (i guess both are doing more or less the same). But I heard 141 does surprisingly lower compared to both (i heard some are doing around 7km/L). Just wanted to clariffy whether that is true or otherwise.

Appreaciate ur expertise!

Yes I thought fuel economy is not very important to you, that's why recommended the 141. From what I've heard the 141 does only around 7-8kmpl in the city.

Yes I thought fuel economy is not very important to you, that's why recommended the 141. From what I've heard the 141 does only around 7-8kmpl in the city.

Thanks again Reckless.

My mistake. Since i was comparing Mazda & Honda, I did not focus much on fuel as both are not the most fuel economical cars compared to Toyotas.

Anyways I think i can set my mind on Mazda Axela 1500cc model (maybe 2006 upwards). Thanks heaps for helping me out guys!!

Thanks again Reckless.

My mistake. Since i was comparing Mazda & Honda, I did not focus much on fuel as both are not the most fuel economical cars compared to Toyotas.

Anyways I think i can set my mind on Mazda Axela 1500cc model (maybe 2006 upwards). Thanks heaps for helping me out guys!!

lol but look at the 141, its a toyota :D

Anyways Axela is a good choice man, go for it! For 3m I think you will be able to get a good condition 2006 or maybe 2007 model. Best of luck and keep us posted.

• Like 1

I see that u refer to an ES5 by saying a 1.6 Honda! Just try driving both mate.I did my hunt on both the options. opted for the honda. may be i was biased by the fact that i used an ek3. options wise mazda is better i guess but considering all the other facts i thought honda has an edge. but both are good cars loved the Mazda 3 too. if u search well enough you might be lucky to come across mazda 3s which came with all four disk breaks and few more add ons. good luck bro!

Reckless: Thanks mate..Sure I will..

Prvnrox: I'm not so sure about the model number..but what i referred is the 1600 JDM model which came during 2004/05 after ES1.

Sab: Yea, but its hard to find an Allion 2004/05 with low mileage below 3m i guess. If i can afford 3.2m 2004/05 Allion will definitely be in my list..

Thanks again all of you guys..time to post an adv for my ES1 first.. LOL