• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wiper Mechanism Repair

dushanf

Question

Hi all,

Hope you are looking forward to the weekend.

This is regarding my wiper mechanism. It started to give a sqeaky noise. It happens even after the new windscreen and wiper blades. So now I'm certain that it is in the wiper mechanism.

Last weekend I showed it to a lock-repair mechanic while repairing few of my locks and then he lubricated the wiper arm mechanism thoroughly saying it must be because of the rust.

But after the lubrication while testing now the wiper blades vibrates heavily like there is no grip or too much grip. Its even worst now.

Really appreciate if you know a reliable person/place to get the whole thing work as it should be.

I'm hoping to get this done coming Saturday so appreciate quick replies.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Dushan

6 answers to this question

First replace the wiper blades/refill with quality product (rubber & graphite mixture blades), To your note most of the Bosch wiper blades available in local market are fake.

Inner wiper linkage (inner wiper arm set) has some busing made from some kinda nylon/plastic most of the bushing related metal is made from alloy like material.

Is your wiper is very noisy even when the wiper is elevated from the windscreen and it is sagging here and there most of the time those bushes are gone and worst the metal part related to bushing is cracked.

Yes it can be repaired unless the metal is not heavily damaged, I did a DIY in one of our CE 110, all the bushes are replaced/some had to bit machined to fix properly it tooks almost a day!

But this inner linkage is available at those used spare shops (For 110's Rs 2500/=, but Delkanda 5000/=), basically it is cheaper and easy to replace the link considering the effort of repairing.

• Like 1

Dushan

What is your car and how old is it ?

If it's got a new windscreen was it at repair shop for a while ?

Thank you so much for your reply. Its a Lancer CK1. Got it brand new 1998.

Nop, even I replaced the windscreen via agents. Only 2 days job.

This sound came even before. So that's why it must be from the mechanism as it has both the windscreen (original Mitsubishi) and wiper blades - Wurth - again installed by Wurth agents.

I had a Bosch pair earlier (new) and just to check if the sound go away I changed to Wurth.

First replace the wiper blades/refill with quality product (rubber & graphite mixture blades), To your note most of the Bosch wiper blades available in local market are fake.

Inner wiper linkage (inner wiper arm set) has some busing made from some kinda nylon/plastic most of the bushing related metal is made from alloy like material.

Is your wiper is very noisy even when the wiper is elevated from the windscreen and it is sagging here and there most of the time those bushes are gone and worst the metal part related to bushing is cracked.

Yes it can be repaired unless the metal is not heavily damaged, I did a DIY in one of our CE 110, all the bushes are replaced/some had to bit machined to fix properly it tooks almost a day!

But this inner linkage is available at those used spare shops (For 110's Rs 2500/=, but Delkanda 5000/=), basically it is cheaper and easy to replace the link considering the effort of repairing.

Thank you so much for your reply. I had a new Bosch pair for the new windscreen, and then after like two weeks I moved to Wurth just desperate to make the sound go away. But still no luck.

Yes, it is kind a noisy even after the wiper is elevated but did not notice any sagging. Thank you so much. Then I should try replacing the linkage and see.

It's the mechanism. Nothing else. Have the same problem on dad's car. Lift the wiper arm up on the spring, and jiggle it about. It'll move about. It shouldn't. Get that shown to any mechanic they can fix it. There's a bush or something that has to be replaced in the mechanism. It's a simple fix

• Like 1