• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Planning A Road Trip For Friends - Information Needed

panhida

Hi freinds, :)

This question is not about automotives, but since it relates to travelling and getting about using transport I hope it's ok to ask. :rolleyes:

I am in the process of planning a travel itinary for a few friends of the family who would be visiting Sri Lanka in April 2014. We are planning on doing a bit of travelling around to show them our beautiful isalnd, and planning to visit Pinnawala, Kandy, Dambulla/Sigiriya and a trip down South which seems like Galle, Benthotha or some place nice with a beach.

We would like to stop for meals and a bit of rest while on the road and would love to know best places to stop for breakest, lunch or dinner which are clean, good service, respectable and not too expensive, which also have clean washroom/toilet facilities specially for the ladies.

Any suggestions on other locations that would be of interest to visit inbetween the places above will be very helpful. All suggestions and advise is welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Edited by panhida

If you have the time a nice route might be colombo-sigiriya-anuradhapura-trinco-nuwaraEliya-kandy-yala-galle-colombo. It pretty much covers every aspect of Sri Lanka.

I think it would be better if you could plan your approximate route first and tell us what towns you plan to stop at for breaks/meals/sleep. So based on that people will be able to better help you on the facilities.

edit: It's an interesting topic indeed. As common as it may sound, I don't recall us discussing something like this. I'm thinking of doing a few long distance trips too later this year, so I'll be following this thread for recommendations too ;)
Edited by Watchman

Hi freinds, :)

This question is not about automotives, but since it relates to travelling and getting about using transport I hope it's ok to ask. :rolleyes:

I am in the process of planning a travel itinary for a few friends of the family who would be visiting Sri Lanka in April 2014. We are planning on doing a bit of travelling around to show them our beautiful isalnd, and planning to visit Pinnawala, Kandy, Dambulla/Sigiriya and a trip down South which seems like Galle, Benthotha or some place nice with a beach.

We would like to stop for meals and a bit of rest while on the road and would love to know best places to stop for breakest, lunch or dinner which are clean, good service, respectable and not too expensive, which also have clean washroom/toilet facilities specially for the ladies.

Any suggestions on other locations that would be of interest to visit inbetween the places above will be very helpful. All suggestions and advise is welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

you can try lakdasun website where there are many relevant posts to your type of question

If you have the time a nice route might be colombo-sigiriya-anuradhapura-trinco-nuwaraEliya-kandy-yala-galle-colombo. It pretty much covers every aspect of Sri Lanka.

I think it would be better if you could plan your approximate route first and tell us what towns you plan to stop at for breaks/meals/sleep. So based on that people will be able to better help you on the facilities.

edit: It's an interesting topic indeed. As common as it may sound, I don't recall us discussing something like this. I'm thinking of doing a few long distance trips too later this year, so I'll be following this thread for recommendations too ;)

Thanks for your reply. The route you suggest is wonderful but a bit too long for my friends to do.

We hope to do one trip Colombo-Dambulla/Sigiriya (may be stay a night around there) - and return to Colombo. We hope to travel via the Colombo /Kandy road (A1) and then Kurunegala to Dambulla.

Another day trip to Pinnawala-Ambakke Devalaya and the temples close by-Peradeniya Gardens -Kandy and back.

We have still not decided where would be best to go to in the South, so all options are open for discussion :speechless-smiley-019: . Galle is good for the history and a walk about, but would like to go to a place where there is a good beach to relax and a safe sea like Unawatuna, any other suggestions ?