• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Final Suzuki Maruti Car Rolled Out

codexdj

Hi all,

Just joined the forum. Big ups for the admin for granting permission to come aboard. Hoping to have a fruitful & interesting stay in the forum. Posting this as my first post!!

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/final-maruti-800-rolled-out-120372?utm_source=IAB&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=IAB

So they say that the spare parts will be available for the next 8-10 years. Point to be noted by the owners ;)

Farewell MARUTI 800!! :sad-smiley-066::sad-smiley-066:

I had a 96 Maruti 800 and it returned 22kmpl going up to N'Eliya. I believe it's an icon similar to the "great" Mini. Both were cars which were laughed off and scoffed at.

Had my first car in 2004 and its a 2001 Maruti 800 with 5 speed trans and servo brake model and when i was working in Trinco every weekend used to go from Gampaha to Trinco and back on Friday and i have done this for 2 years, Still i can rem used to pump Rs 1000 worth GAS and 12.5 ltrs (Rs80 Per ltr) i think does about 23km/L with A/C and never let me down, It is worth for the money if can't afford for a Jap car

Hi all,

Just joined the forum. Big ups for the admin for granting permission to come aboard. Hoping to have a fruitful & interesting stay in the forum. Posting this as my first post!!

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/final-maruti-800-rolled-out-120372?utm_source=IAB&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=IAB

So they say that the spare parts will be available for the next 8-10 years. Point to be noted by the owners ;)

Farewell MARUTI 800!! :sad-smiley-066::sad-smiley-066:

Mate, do correct your topic by adding 800 to be read as 'Final Suzuki Maruti 800'.

Re-posted an old Maruti advertisement .

oldmaritiadvertiesment.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

Mate, do correct your topic adding 800 to be read as 'Final Suzuki Maruti 800'.

Re-posted an old Maruti advertisement again.

[img=http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2672/oldmaritiadvertiesment.jpg]

Ah.... the old maruti showroom in colpetty. Sampath, this buildin has now been taken down right?

Anyway, all the models in your ad are still offered in Pakistan brand new. The 800 is called as mehran, still a carb engine not MPFI, omni is offered as bolan. Sadly I dont recall the names for the gypsy and cultus but should be a name of two mountains in kashmir side.

Anyway the mehran, or what we call the 800 got a minor face lift last year. So guess the good old 800 will continue the legacy in Pakistan.

Good riddance, about time too, economical it may have been but that thing was a death trap... It's existence made a negative impact on the sales of the much more modern Nano as well since Indians just like us apparently like to stick with what they know.

Comparing the 800 to a Mini just doesn't make sense btw, the mini was revolutionary, the 800 was just reheated leftovers.

When you think about it, the nano is actually a better comparison, it does include some genuinely fresh thinking (although nothing as earth shattering as the Mini had of course) and is genuinely fun to drive as well.

i was reading the topic..this was not a 100% great car like Jap or europ but means of buying "some type of car" by a chap who has a small pocket is to provide the ride for him and family in any weather condition. even though this has 0 NCAP ratings this will go form point A to B with your family.

So i guess it did not failed its tasks....

BTW.. its good they are getting rid of this model.. its too much outdated.. And Maruthi idi*ts its time to think about the safety of your products....

If we need to get ride of these Indian crap we need to bring down the price of Jap and Euro cars where in fact controlled by the ido*tic tax makers and car sales.

• Like 1

i guess this all makes sence in there point of view.

there was a time when u walk on the roads all you see were hidustan ambasadors and maruti 800's\

now thought the streets are filled with hyundai's i10's and i20's and also tata indica's

so i guess thats why they are stopping production for these cars and still keeping that horrible omni.

• Like 1