• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Ke20 Modification

just to give you an idea, a forum member recently bought a 4AGE for his car, just the engine, no intake/exhaust/ECU/wire harness etc, for 175,000.

so like everyone said, think long and hard whether you want to walk this path, and if you decide to, let us know. giving you an "idea" will take considerable amount of time and effort, and frankly none us want to see that go to waste, if you suddenly go "anae mata baruwata"

• Like 1

OK...Guys.........

Thanks all...For your Great contribution and valuable ideas...... I will decide and let you all know......

I hope you didn't get turned off though. There's plenty you can do by way of 'mild' modifications to make a nice car. Look around and figure out what fits into your budget and take it on.

Saw this there...btw how much is he asking for the yellow car?

ZH831at.png

Just read through that string of comments. I think I lost a few brain cells there :/

The guy keeps saying that it "has to go this week" and "for the cheapest" repeatedly. never mentioned a price and I never bothered to ask as i was not interested anyway. His ad's description is quite interesting as well.

I have a slightly interesting take on this because my father's first car was a KE20 so its kind of my family's first car as well. At the time the market preferred the B210 and the Lancer L light as they were more sophisticated cars and particularly the Nissan looked better.

So I find it a bit surreal that its now being considered as a platform for a hot rod type conversion/ upgrade, because amongst other things the prices of examples in good condition seem to have shot up, so its not a good cheap platform either.

While as it has the retro feel of all period cars, in true reality it was an under powered econo wagon with a reasonably comfortable ride, but nothing much else. It's as basic as motoring gets (though it had discs in front, but then most Jap cars of the era had them).

I'm not trying to put you off man, Just giving a bit of perspective! Ultimately do what you feel like doing! Life is for living and all decisions don't need to be rational or logical!

Just read through that string of comments. I think I lost a few brain cells there :/

The guy keeps saying that it "has to go this week" and "for the cheapest" repeatedly. never mentioned a price and I never bothered to ask as i was not interested anyway. His ad's description is quite interesting as well.

You are lucky it was just a few....I had to take medication !

So apparently the yellow one was sold. I pray it didn't go to someone who is going to rape it by stick some random stuff on it in order to call it JDM (model and styling/tuning wise)

• 3 years later...