• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Es8,carina,sylphy,pajero Io?

Udaya Dissanayake

Question

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of buying a vehicle and I have given some thoughts;

1.Honda Civic ES8

2.Toyota Carina Ti my road (new face)

3.Nissan Sylphy
4.Mitsubishi Pajero IO

5.Toyota Corolla 110

Can I Know every information about these vehicles? As in;

1.Maintenance(The price of the spare parts and all)

2.Fuel Consumption

3.Resell value
4.And each and every information about these vehicles which I should know before buying.

Thanks a lot in advance mates. Cheers!

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I just realized you already own a Toyota Corolla as per this thread.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15674-radiator-fan-working-continuously-on-ek-3/?p=252638

Why are you asking for buying advice for a vehicle you already have?? It's not cool to waste people's time.

Apparently he wants to sell it and go for one of the other four options. That is why he added Corolla 110 to the bottom of the list. But now that everyone favoring the 110 ho might as well keep it.

• Like 1

Apparently he wants to sell it and go for one of the other four options. That is why he added Corolla 110 to the bottom of the list. But now that everyone favoring the 110 ho might as well keep it.

Yes Mr.Rumesh you are correct. I do own a corolla 110. Thought of moving on to a vehicle which I have mentioned above but I have doubts about those vehicles that's why I added the 110 to the list so that I don't take a wrong decision. Your valuable advices are highly appreciated. Please help me to choose a vehicle. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Like every one here mentioned, 110 is the best option considering the spare parts costs, fuel economy and resale value. If you are really set on selling the 110 the next best option would be the carina, though the auto will not give you good fuel figures. Search the forum, you can find loads of more information about the other cars as well.

Yes Mr.Rumesh you are correct. I do own a corolla 110. Thought of moving on to a vehicle which I have mentioned above but I have doubts about those vehicles that's why I added the 110 to the list so that I don't take a wrong decision. Your valuable advices are highly appreciated. Please help me to choose a vehicle. Thanks in advance!

Apologies if my lighthearted comment hurt you. You are asking a difficult question. Forgetting the Toyota hype and being a bit adventurous, in your situation I might go for an ES8 but only at the right price. I'm sure you know how the slogan "once Honda always Honda" slogan applies to the local situation. As Recless suggested you can go for a Carina but I do not much point in selling a 110 and going for a Carina for a bit more of space and less economy unless other factors take priority. So it is a difficult decision unless a Carina comes your way with a good price tag. I sold my 110 in a hurry and bought a Carina My Road 10 years back, but my decision was based on a health factor.

Edited by Rumesh88

If question 1,2,3 really bothers you, stick with your 110. However If you wants an upgrade anyway need to figure out whether you wants a SUV or a Car.

I've never driven any of these cars mentioned here. So my gut feeling is all are equally good cars with their own characteristics. Generally ES8 engine will easy to rev up than the Nissan. But I have no clue in comparison to Ti My Road. However Nissan cars even FB15 has reputation for comfy ride for it's class. But then again Toyota Carina is supposed to be their topnotch product among their affordable sedans for common man.

Parts and maintenance will be equally similar IMO. All depends on what you gonna buy and how you gonna treat it after wards.

If I were you I'll go for Carina Ti My Road among the 3. If you want to be more adventurous get a Carina GT or ES3-RS.

Life is too short to stick with the same car unless its some thing you inherited from your great grand father or your father. Finding a well maintained car is the key for long list of possible repairs. Good luck.

had a carina for 5 years, riding a silphy now.

comfort - both same

driving - sylphy more manuverable, shorter turning radius

parts - both freely available

resale value - don,t know about the sylphy. still no idea to sell

economy - sylphy always give 2-3 KMPL more outstations. almost similar in the city

Edited by aamarakoon