• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Tinkering And Paint Garage In Colombo

carbuddy

Hi All,

I checked the forum for garages in Colombo but information are bit outdated. So thought of asking it again.

I am looking for a garage near to Colombo (Baththaramulla, Rajagiriya, IDH, etc) to do some accident repairs. Please share any good place as i do not like/trust reputed places.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Why do you have to open a new thread instead of continuing on an existing thread?

Is your accident repair 'special' that it requires a discussion of its own?

:rolleyes:

edit:

Mods, can we lock this thread or move this to the other long accident repair thread? I personally feel that we should take a stand against such redundant threads coming up and cluttering the forum.

Next thing we know there'll be threads for "i want to repair my front bumber", "I want to repair my read bumber", "I want to repair my left front door" etc etc...

Edited by Watchman

Thank you for the quick reply.

Some of threads related this were very old (2007 and numbers did not worked) so open up a new thread (If there is an suitable one i may post on it, sometimes i may miss that and sorry for it :) ).

And this is not a "special" one. I used to go to one of my friends garage which is far away for me. So i started to look for a new one.

Dude Watchman,

What i wanted from Autolanka was some information related to a good garage. Now i have to answer some forum related stuff. As a user of this forum what i expected was to get auto related information. For that i used search option it did not give expected results then i found a post related to "How to search autolanka using Google" then i followed that still i had that in my another browser Tab.

Here is it https://www.google.lk/#q=site:autolanka.com+paint+garage

Right?

And i saw then you are asking to delete this of point to another thread. I think pointing to another thread is ok. Since you may know the forum very well you can point a user to that helpful. And if you like to delete then delete this if that is the way you treat for a user of this forum. My feeling is that without asking forum related technical things from a user its better to give some user friendly search. (I am telling this not because of i do not have any faith on AL forum but the way you think or response about a users requrement from this forum )

Finally if you do not like this and if you can delete this (again if you want) then go ahead and delete this or help me to find relevant information or some other wiling to help me will post for this (some times may not)

Anyway thank you for your quick response at least.

• Like 6

It still doesn't explain why you cant use an existing thread. Its not like you're thread is going to be "new" forever, right?
Thank you for the quick reply.

Some of threads related this were very old (2007 and numbers did not worked) so open up a new thread (If there is an suitable one i may post on it, sometimes i may miss that and sorry for it :) ).

And this is not a "special" one. I used to go to one of my friends garage which is far away for me. So i started to look for a new one.

I agree with you, as you mention some of the information are not up to date in these forums.

Don't you agree that if all the car painting related posts were on one thread you could have found your result much more easily? but right now there's like a dozens of threads where the information about accident repairs / painting / tinkering is scattered. What we want to do is make sure the information on a certain topic is consolidated in their respective areas / threads. By opening a new thread you are making it even MORE difficult for other LIKE YOU. So that's one more redundant thread someone has to read through.

Some of us are on the forum very frequently hence we know what has been discussed where. The objective of this exercise / initiative is to make it easier for new (or not so frequent) members (like you) to find things. It has nothing to do with disliking you personally. And be more understanding and grateful.. For you to "get information" someone has to take time our of thir own lives and "give the information". You can't expect members to repeat themselves every week when someone who has an accident comes here and asks where they should go to repair their car.

Edited by Watchman

Coolcar Thanks for your reply.

Hi Watchman,

You are right. But here in this forum its better to have some good search or categorisation and then good administration too to guide non frequent users. Then new users will 1st search easily and post under that topic. This is just an input and i do not know about implementation side of this. But in deed i feel this forum need that type of facility otherwise there will be users/posts like this where users did not get what they expect(like me :( ) and posts with a content where title does not match with it (like this post).

Hi Watchman,

You are right. But here in this forum its better to have some good search or categorisation and then good administration too to guide non frequent users. Then new users will 1st search easily and post under that topic. This is just an input and i do not know about implementation side of this. But in deed i feel this forum need that type of facility otherwise there will be users/posts like this where users did not get what they expect(like me :( ) and posts with a content where title does not match with it (like this post).

You understand that this forum is a free service rite. And people here are also spend their own time to support, share knowledge on stuff you me and all other people who comes here asks & they dont get paid for that either. So please stop complaining that this site does not have better search categories and have no good administration to guide new people.

I was a new member here once and to date i find this site very helpful and have some great people contributing their own time to help fellow motorists.

What watchman suggest is very simple, if you have a query, do a search, you'll find threads which related subjects are discussed. If those threads does not have what you are looking for, just use the most related thread for what you are looking for to ask your question without adding new threads. In that way all updated info on that subject are on a same place.. see simple and effective..

• Like 2

Hi Watchman,

Trinity said the exact words I wanted to say.

Machan carbuddy, be a bit more grateful for the FREE help and advice you are getting from this forum. All the mods have their own full-time jobs, and don't get paid anything for their services to Autolanka. And it's not an easy job. So as a community it is our responsibility to make the job easier for them, as well as help each other out. Which is why we are trying to promote good forum practices among ourselves.

So if you feel that you don't get "good searches and good administration" for all the money you spend to be part of the forum, you can get a full refund and go elsewhere. No moderator is going to read every thread and post to make sure its relevant to the topic and categories for your browsing pleasure. So be a good sport and be the change you want to see.

I wonder all those great defenders-of-the-newbies are when the newbies really want help.

RehanaA, who just a few days ago came here asking for help regarding her accident repair is no where to be seen when she has the chance to reciprocate someone who has the SAME problem.

Sylvi, who with his 50 years of automotive experience, and knowledge of many international forums.

EAP, the great wise one who is can identify the dumb and stupid. He did a entire Defender restoration project, right? He must know SOME mechanic who can do some tinkering and painting.

Hi All,

I checked the forum for garages in Colombo but information are bit outdated. So thought of asking it again.

I am looking for a garage near to Colombo (Baththaramulla, Rajagiriya, IDH, etc) to do some accident repairs. Please share any good place as i do not like/trust reputed places.

Thank you.

Carbuddy, check out this guy Methsiri. He is a guy who specialize in painting and tinkering. Phone nos. 071 619 0147, 0114927645, 060 2132582. His garage is at 25/4, Field Road, Kohuwala. It is easier if you go through Jambugasmulla Mawatha, Nugegoda and enter the 4th lane. If you ask anybody in the area they will know.

Edited by Niranjan de Silva

I wonder all those great defenders-of-the-newbies are when the newbies really want help.
RehanaA, who just a few days ago came here asking for help regarding her accident repair is no where to be seen when she has the chance to reciprocate someone who has the SAME problem.
Sylvi, who with his 50 years of automotive experience, and knowledge of many international forums.
EAP, the great wise one who is can identify the dumb and stupid. He did a entire Defender restoration project, right? He must know SOME mechanic who can do some tinkering and painting.

Welcome to the list watchman. Your are now a Confirmed S&D member

Welcome to the list watchman. Your are now a Confirmed S&D member

He did raise a valid point you know?

You have been quite critical about the way long time members don't give detailed information. You have been a member since 2010 which is longer than many and you have not attempted to help the OP with information you clearly have, as you did a very impressive restoration which obviously involved good tinkering and body work.

Lead by example maybe?

• Like 1

Dude Watchman,

What i wanted from Autolanka was some information related to a good garage. Now i have to answer some forum related stuff. As a user of this forum what i expected was to get auto related information. For that i used search option it did not give expected results then i found a post related to "How to search autolanka using Google" then i followed that still i had that in my another browser Tab.

Here is it https://www.google.lk/#q=site:autolanka.com+paint+garage

Right?

On a positive note, its good to see the "Search for dummies post" is been put to full use.

I have read on AL (a senior member had recommended), there is a garage on Pepiliyana road, (between Pepiliyana roundabout and Gamsaba traffic lights). It is near to the bridge. However, there are two garages there. I think the one nearest to the bridge :rolleyes:. I have never used their services.

Carbuddy, check out this guy Methsiri. He is a guy who specialize in painting and tinkering. Phone nos. 071 619 0147, 0114927645, 060 2132582. His garage is at 25/4, Field Road, Kohuwala. It is easier if you go through Jambugasmulla Mawatha, Nugegoda and enter the 4th lane. If you ask anybody in the area they will know.
I have read on AL (a senior member had recommended), there is a garage on Pepiliyana road, (between Pepiliyana roundabout and Gamsaba traffic lights). It is near to the bridge. However, there are two garages there. I think the one nearest to the bridge :rolleyes:. I have never used their services.

Hi,

Just thought to add my two cents since above two places came as suggestions.

I live near Kohuwala and I have gone to both these places. It will be wise to state the model of your vehicle because some of these places are not ideal for expensive repair work due to the lack of tools, expertise and attention given to the vehicle.

I went to the first garage which mentioned in the field avenue (the tiny narrow road) for a FB13 car and they were new that time(we call the owner as Sudu :) ) and their work was OK for the cost. It was a white car and he said not spay lacquer on it (for the cost savings) but polished it instead. I see lot of cars these days so think he is doing a better job maybe.

There are two garages at both sides of the bridge on Pepiliyana road but as far as I see the one which is to the Gansabha Junction side is better for mechanical issues.

Problem will be with these small joints is when there is any bubbles or anything kind of issues comes in their paint work, it will not have a guarantee and end up losing money rather than saving.

Just my thoughts. Last time when I did a paint job from a place in the same area just bcoz I know the fellow and his cost was low, I end up losing money, time and value of the car itself.

@ Watchman,

Hi, Quick question since it is mention about post contents getting outdated here; I agree with you 100% on making life easy for newbie's like myself, but if we find a thread which is useful but the information is old like 5 or 6 years, is it still oki to revoke such threads asking questions?

Thanks

@ Watchman,

Hi, Quick question since it is mention about post contents getting outdated here; I agree with you 100% on making life easy for newbie's like myself, but if we find a thread which is useful but the information is old like 5 or 6 years, is it still oki to revoke such threads asking questions?

Thanks

Machan it's not my forum to dictate rules on how old a thread should be if it is to be bumped up with a new question. My personal view is that it makes more logical sense to bump up a 5 year old topic. In cases of generic questions like painting or accident repairs, yes the price someone paid for a paint job 5 years ago wont be the same now, but there maybe other valuable information such as things to look out for when choosing a painter etc which is valid no matter when it was said. And say in another 5 years someone is doing a search and they see this thread and another that's 5 years older. Will it matter if the thread is from 5 years ago or 10 years ago? it's already outdated.

Right now, even this common topic is scattered all over the place based on everyone looking at the issue only from their own perspective. "I have rust, who's the best tinker?", "How is XXX shop for accident repairs?", "Mazda 3 dent fixing". Imagine if everyone's knowledge and experience on tinkering/painting compiled in one thread. How easy would it be. Or imagine all discussions about "Toyota corolla 110" being in one thread. Wouldn't that be a treat for a newbie. It's not an uncommon think...When I was planning on buying a bike, I remember reading a thread that was 50+ pages about that model. At the end of that thread I knew everything I needed to know about. I didnt have to go hunting under all possible key words related to it. I shall stop rambling now.

So don't worry on how old the thread is, just use it. When members read it they'll know to look at the date and respond accordingly :)

• Like 2

+1 to watchman

there are a lot of duplicate threads which actually kind of confuses a nwbie rather than helping him. I mean the best one is the recommendation of vehicles under several price brackets, which almost are adjacent to each other.thanks to the forum guys I never see any one complaining but again its pure repetition, which doesnt add value for both parties.Im sure a pinch of common sense wouldnt hurt anyone.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

My car got scratch on front bumper and fender, can you please advice best place to do the painting. I am considering Mr Paint as an option,

How quality their job and matching skill ... etc, they agreed to do the painting within a day and polish on another day, even it cost high I want a quality job.

Can anyone advice on this please.

Vehicle - Mazda - 6 (2014)

Colour - Pearl White

Edited by mazda axela

• 3 years later...
On 4/4/2015 at 10:33 PM, Crosswind said:

Haiyooooo....

We have discussed this exact same topic and exact same colour and exact same place about 2 months back.

Just type Mr Paint on the search box and read the thread tht has the title "painting at mr. Paint"

Hi Crosswind, unfortunately the post on Mr. Pant has been removed ?http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16661-painting-at-mr-paint/