• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Search On Autolanka

Watchman

In addition to using the forum's search, you can use Google's powerful search capabilities to look for whatever you want on AutoLanka. And it's very simple and you'll get better and faster results as opposed to opening a new thread.

Go to Google and type "site:autolanka.com" followed by whatever you want to search for. If you want to search "Power Shutter Repair" for example:

site:autolanka.com power shutter repair

You'll get everything you need in the Google search result.

Screenshot_20180604-082042.thumb.png.5cbc96f8390025a0ad178a46aeafe8a7.png

It goes without saying but it works for other websites too....

Edited by Davy
Fixed broken image links
  • Like 4

@nishan: yes machang, but there's a lot of newbies who come here repeating the same question a dozen times. And when we ask them to do a search, some people get all itchy. So the objective is to simply give the link to this thread the next time someone asks a repeat question. I've bookmarked it already :P

@Davy: Yes, I put it in DIY to add a bit o humor to the whole thing :P

• Like 3

If you find this method "annoying" (quoted) or hard to use or something, here's an easy fix:

If you are using chrome, go to this link and install the plugin.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-the-current-site/jliolpcnkmolaaecncdfeofombdekjcp?hl=en

If you are using firefox, go to this link and install the plugin.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/search-site/

yc7l.png

Edited by Bracket
  • Like 2

home page search box (http://www.autolanka.com/) would produce this same result.

I'll be damned! I didnt know there was such a search field on the homepage. That's because my bookmark is to the new-content on the forum, hence bypassing the homepage all the time. Thanks for that! Which makes me wonder, there's a search box right below the "discussions" section and some people STILL don't bother to use it.. WTF indeed!! Seeing how easy it actually is, the little remorse I had for telling people to go search first is no longer there.

Still it's much easier to the search string with the "site" filter on the web browser's addressbar rather than going to the AutoLanka homepage and doing a search.

1. The next excuse of members for opening new threads now is "I did a search but I couldn't find information I needed, so I'm opening up a new thread". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it better to bump an old thread and continue the discussion (if its the same thing that needs discussing) rather than opening a new thread?

2. And the other problem is opening up threads for each and every issue faced with a car by just one member - for the same car. I think it's wise to open just one thread (as a mod suggested recently which resulted in creating the "Help with my Lancer CS3" thread) over opening one for every small issue. Just go to the forum.autolanka.com home page right now and see the recent topics - see what I mean? :rolleyes:

Sorry Watchman if this is OT, but maybe one reason for why people can't seem to find the info they're looking for is cause the forum is so cluttered up with repeated threads. Just my 2 cents. Hope this does not offend anyone. Peace.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

I agree with Davy. A prime example is the guy who opened a thread today for an accident repair shop.

edit:

If someone opened this thread just to find out how to do a search, the first couple of posts would have been helpful enough. So I guess it shouldn't be a issue if we discuss indirectly related stuff at this point...

Edited by Watchman

• 2 years later...
In addition to using the forum's search, you can use Google's powerful search capabilities to look for whatever you want on Autolanka. And it's very simple and you'll get better and faster results as opposed to opening a new thread.

Goto google type "site:autolanka.com" followed by whatever you want to search, example "Power Shutter Repair"

zq7b.jpg

you'll get everything you need in the google result.

eswg.jpg

It goes without saying but it works for other websites too....

Watchman, can you please update your original post on this thread with the links to the images again? They appear to be broken. Thanks!

Watchman, can you please update your original post on this thread with the links to the images again? They appear to be broken. Thanks!

ohh.. i guess there's an expiry date date on imagechak uploads.. shall go home and re-create the images.. i dont remember when/where i created them.