• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla BZ Touring Wagon : My Little Run-Around In Japan

iRage

So with our impending return to Japan we needed a little family run-around car. After much searching I decided on a Hilux Surf. I have owned several before and seemed like the best choice considering we lived on top of a mountain in Nagasaki which snowed rather heavily and two or three days during winter the roads didn't get cleaned up. So this was my choice...a 2000 HSurf, 56000kms on the clock (with service records)..

r9jj.jpg

but then...my wife goes and buys this...

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG005.JPG

her reasoning ?

Engine looks like Trueno's

027.JPG

and it is a 6 manu-mission ( Japanese abbreviation for 6 speed manual transmission)

015.JPG

and has done only 16000kms

010.JPG

her final excuse...it looks cute...CUTE???

002.JPG

West-River apparently specializes in rare cars and as fate would have it the owner's brother runs a Trueno/Levin tuning shop :sport-smiley-004: .

My wife is going to use this one on me for ages... :smilie_liebe9::speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

I see a blacktop and the interior of a corolla GT in there. Has it got rear disks and 4WD ?

Your wife got better taste than u :-)

Exactly, i was gonna say the same thing

bdw Shiffer is gonna love this Corolla :D

Thanks guys !

Yeah...total facepalm on my part....I did explain to my wife about the Surf (not to mention she has a soft spot for surfs because that is the car we used to go on dates with) but her response was to stay at home on those bad weather days...at the moment she wants to keep it for a long long long time.

yes it is a BZ-Touring with all four disks but no AWD. Three weeks more till I go back to actually drive it.

i just keep opening this thread and drooling at this car and just thinking, how mint it looks, specially inside the engine bay. and praying and hopeing i could own one of this someday :') maybe a conversion someday

I am quite surprised at how mint it is myself...when I get back I am tempted to investigate who owned this before cause whoever he/she is deserves a big thank you.

Saw a BZ-Touring in Battaramulla last year. It was green and silver two-toned and looked pretty worn out from outside and the interior looked like the owner had a few kids playing inside it. Whilst I was checking it out the owner,a middle aged lady, came over and talked about how good the Corolla wagon is and that I can easily find one for a decent price. She had no idea what she had underneath that hood.

I am quite surprised at how mint it is myself...when I get back I am tempted to investigate who owned this before cause whoever he/she is deserves a big thank you.

Saw a BZ-Touring in Battaramulla last year. It was green and silver two-toned and looked pretty worn out from outside and the interior looked like the owner had a few kids playing inside it. Whilst I was checking it out the owner,a middle aged lady, came over and talked about how good the Corolla wagon is and that I can easily find one for a decent price. She had no idea what she had underneath that hood.

kudos to the previous owner and lucky-ly its safe to say the new owner will treat it just the same :)

ive seen a white and a red BZ touring here in SL, thats it.

just love these cars. i love it when a car looks ordinary but packs a huge punch that can make the ricer boys weep

I'm curious about the transmission; what's the model number of this 6 speed transmission? Is it a rare find?

I'm curious about the transmission; what's the model number of this 6 speed transmission? Is it a rare find?

It is a C160 transmission (at least that is what it theoretically should be), the same unit that came with the Carina/Corolla/Sprinter 6 M/T. The only difference with the sedans is that the C160 was offered with an optional LSD. As far as I know the BZ-Touring didn't come with a LSD <not sure though>

I think it is somewhat rare as the number of BZ Tourings sold were low and most of these units were "ordered" with A/T transmissions (something similar to the face lifted Carina GT is hard to find in a M/T)

Admitted, that I'm not the biggest fan of this format of cars, every time I open this thread and see the condition of this car, I keep liking it that bit more. It definitely is an awesome find and to have your wife pick it up is just a cherry on top of the cake!

Now you have a benchmark to meet and exceed on your other project :D

Its been a while....its been 6 years since we have had her in the family and we have put 23,000km during that time. She has been extremely trouble free and have never missed a beat. Toyota sure does not make cars like this anymore :(

Just yesterday took a pic of my little beauty next to the new Corolla Touring Wagon. The old girl looks cuter and more slender...

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Car during last year's cherry blossom season

Image may contain: car and outdoorImage may contain: tree, sky, car and outdoorImage may contain: tree, car, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

After a coating of Soft99 Fusso Mirror Shine :D

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

Random pics through-out the years...No photo description available.No photo description available.

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

• Like 9