• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Wobbling

sira

Recently i drove around 140Km at high way and noticed that sterling wheel got little bit a play. I can feel that front wheels looks wobbling

Tyres are new balanced, and aligned

Replaced the front hub racesor.

What could be the cause? CV joints are little bit noisy.

Ball joints, rack ends also good.

What could be the cause

sira

I am having the same issue I guess...

When braking from speed exceeding 70kmph, steering wobbles.My mechanic told its from brake calipers, Is there a way you can check it?

Your problem is brake balance, as in the left and right wheels are not braking with equal force. There are machines to check brake force for each wheel but I'm not sure they are used in Sri Lanka.

To confirm this a road test is ideal where you brake in a clear road and your car should stop in a straight line. This issue is more common with the rear drum brakes but sounds like your issue is the front.

Also check if your discs are warped and your caliper pistons are moving freely. Check if there is uneven wear on the brake pads as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don

I checked my break at 70 km and looks it skid to left side. few months ago i replaced Caliper pistons, Proposinate valves and face the roters. how ever my technician said, 70Km is too fast and as your car dose not have ABS car can skid either way.

how true is that comment

Sira

• 1 year later...

Friends

After spending more time with this issue, i finally managed to fix this issue and i think 90% of the issue has gone now. few issues were identified as below.

1. warp HUB - checked with Dial gauge and the warpage was above the service limit . then replaced whole knuckle and the hub.

2. Warp rotor - changed them with new one

3. warn Ball joint - changed them

due to above issue ,looks types are un-even warn . so may be it will fixed by replace them

• 1 month later...
Friends

After spending more time with this issue, i finally managed to fix this issue and i think 90% of the issue has gone now. few issues were identified as below.

1. warp HUB - checked with Dial gauge and the warpage was above the service limit . then replaced whole knuckle and the hub.

due to above issue ,looks types are un-even warn . so may be it will fixed by replace them

Friends

I had replaced , 2 disks and all bushes front and rear - 22 numbers and all issue has gone. i think honda EK3 got more rubber bushes and one they worn then it will give unknown error