• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project Carina Gt

Muditha420

@JDMNitro - to be honest mate got the wires through a friend, does seem to have n easier start but i don't know whether its just me :P

Well this is after the cut n polish, these days hunting for wheels and also looking into getting radiator hoses n vacuum lines sorted as well....Just need to compare with a Toyota Levin 4AGE setup and mine
and also painted the window switch panels with a glossy black looks pretty good will be going with it for the center console as well... pics will follow :)

DSC_0098.jpg

• Like 3

@JDMNitro - to be honest mate got the wires through a friend, does seem to have n easier start but i don't know whether its just me :P

Well this is after the cut n polish, these days hunting for wheels and also looking into getting radiator hoses n vacuum lines sorted as well....Just need to compare with a Toyota Levin 4AGE setup and mine

and also painted the window switch panels with a glossy black looks pretty good will be going with it for the center console as well... pics will follow :)

DSC_0098.jpg

WOW....That car looks really really nice.... Good Job Muditha..... :action-smiley-033:

@Jaliya48 - will hv a video up n running soon

@Mean Green28, BlackorWhite, Warlord - Thanks guys this is sort of tip of the iceberg ;)

Btw

Have anyone of you come across this little gadget that was glued on to the front passenger side door frame, is it a security system sensor?? its only one if so coz 3 others are missing. thought of hunting them down if its possible

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

@Jaliya48 - will hv a video up n running soon

@Mean Green28, BlackorWhite, Warlord - Thanks guys this is sort of tip of the iceberg ;)

Btw

Have anyone of you come across this little gadget that was glued on to the front passenger side door frame, is it a security system sensor?? its only one if so coz 3 others are missing. thought of hunting them down if its possible

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

I have seen more or less similar (not with Toyota logo) gadget connected to car audio system, do not know if it is a kinda external noise cancellation unit; but definitely not in door frame!

Saw the bird in person today. Felt guilty almost. What if the teg saw me with another woman??

But Muditha really has done a sterling job so far. Love the color. It just stands out like Kim kardashian in a sea of gayesha pereras.

Had a coffee and a chat about what to do next with it. This car is going to be even better!

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 2

Saw the bird in person today. Felt guilty almost. What if the teg saw me with another woman??

But Muditha really has done a sterling job so far. Love the color. It just stands out like Kim kardashian in a sea of gayesha pereras.

Had a coffee and a chat about what to do next with it. This car is going to be even better!

:lol: ... i could say the same about you mate, was humbled to be in the presence of a Guy who loves cars and who was kind enough to help me out as always. I already started the hunt for wheels and did find the one you pointed out too... hoping i can get them down though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So gonna bump this thread back up coz i got few changes done....for me its packing a Big difference. right now got out of the car with a big ass grin on me face.

the manual brushed aluminium foot pedals came and also got the Raizin Voltage Stabilizer as well....

DSC_0158.jpg

and here they are out of the box

DSC_0159.jpg

And following is the installation of these two as well as got Komi's electrical guys expertise to get the meter cluster and clock back up to full illumination. Sorry i couldn't get a picture when the cluster was poorly lit but trust me this is way better & full of potential as well :D

will post a good shot of the RAIZIN unit as well tomorrow.

Before shot of the pedals

IMG_20140330_074653.jpg

And after shot (foot rest needs to be fabricated coz it was missing when i got the car :P )

IMG_20140330_170629.jpg

IMG_20140405_191200.jpg

IMG_20140405_130029.jpg

@Schiffer - well on the gauges the main lights were the once replaced the rest were not available with them, but not complaining to the "itipandam dalla" sort display to this. but hv to see if i can sort out some powerful LED's for this so the light distribution would be even across the panel.

Pedals are a sight to see mate... Ane manda mona magulakata galoonawada kiyala... not so easy to find as well. i guess people nick from eachother who owns Carina's :P

@Magnum - cost me $28 well worth it.

@Reckless - Thanks mate...this is a slow thread i know but glad to see the guys following it

@Schiffer - well on the gauges the main lights were the once replaced the rest were not available with them, but not complaining to the "itipandam dalla" sort display to this. but hv to see if i can sort out some powerful LED's for this so the light distribution would be even across the panel.

Pedals are a sight to see mate... Ane manda mona magulakata galoonawada kiyala... not so easy to find as well. i guess people nick from eachother who owns Carina's :P

donno about yours but since it looks the same, the bulb for 100-180 section is a T5 bulb, kinda hard to find those in white :/

and sirawata, someone has stolen all my scuff plates ban when it was garaged for sometime.. Munta kahilla..

Apoo Amu kawichcha unuth hitiya... just wishing on what ever star that's out there that i can get all the little nick knacks sorted or parts found :( Damn i ran out of time to go and meet those Guru's that day *Dammit

i did make a point to my self n realized when it comes to Komi - "Always listen to what he has to say" , like the garage he discovered, bloody perfect. the poor kid didnt eat lunch even felt so bad, did a heck of a job though :)

• Like 1