• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shaking Like Feeling While Idling - Mazda Demio 2004

LolithaB

Question

Hi guys, my car is 2004 Mazda Demio 1300cc VTI manual transmission. I've been experiencing a shaking like movement when the car engine is on and idling. It's not a vibration, but something happening cyclical very much like the feeling u get when u have a bump in a tire when u drive it. And the car really . The idling RPM doesn't fluctuate at all and it has no connection with the air conditioner also. Got the engine tuned up as well, but it is still the same. And when I pull steeply, i get the same feeling while the car is moving too.

Value ur ideas as to what to do.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Looks like you have an intermittent miss in one of the cylinders. Keep the engine on idle and listen to the tail pipe for a miss in the beat. Your tune up guy is supposed to identify this and give you a solution. If it is due to a miss in a cylinder it could be due to one or more of many possibilities assuming your plugs have already been taken care of. Low compression in one cylinder, failing injector and a fault in one of ignition coils are some of the possibilities. However if you cannot hear the miss at the exhaust then it must be something else.

Thanks for the reply. No i hardly hear a miss at the exhaust. And the emission rates are just perfect. Can't it be from engine mounts? I feel it when i pick up as well and it goes off at higher speeds.

If you have ruled out an engine miss then check your engine mounts.