• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

15 Tips For Cleaning Carpeting & Upholstery In Your Car

sampathapg

That's one great article Davy! Thumbs up! (Y)

I have a small question, while admiring the bits and pieces I haven't seen, I found some thick yellow glue that seems to be holding the bottom plates of my car together, I inquired from 2 trustable/experienced mechanics and they mentioned that this glue is used from the company itself to attach the bottom plates together when manufacturing, but I cannot see this in your car.

I just want to confirm that this wasn't a local job done by Sri Lankan makabasses after a major repair and was done by the factory itself (the car was bought 2nd hand). Car is a Suzuki Zen and pictures have been attached below for reference. Thanks! :)

That is a sealant used to prevent water from getting into the cabin. And as Crosswind correctly said, that's how it comes off the factory.

Different manufacturers do it in different ways. So you shouldn't really compare.

It's a Maruti. You need to expect shit like this. Be happy that the glue is not Multibond or a piece of cellotape.
That is a sealant used to prevent water from getting into the cabin. And as Crosswind correctly said, that's how it comes off the factory.

Different manufacturers do it in different ways. So you shouldn't really compare.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

@Crosswind Yeah right, but this is all I could afford at the moment. I'll be upgrading as soon as I possibly can though! :)

@Davy Agree, definitely the japanese makes are far better in terms of build quality. I thought this was a repair job done after a major accident, glad to know its a sealant.

Edited by maxxarox

Well out of topic but the zen seems to have surprisingly more sound deadening material than I expected.

The vehicle seem to have lesser rattle and quirk noises as long as a good tyre brand is used, but if something like CEAT is used, you can hear the car screaming over little bumps.