• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Place To Do An Efi Tune Up In Colombo Area?

sampathapg

Question

13 answers to this question

Dear Friends,

What is the best place to do an EFI Tune up in Colombo area?

What about Auto Miraj?

EFI_kit_complete_-_smaller.jpg

sampathapg,

Auto Miraj started few years ago, They had few chaps trained from Kleen Park. they have expanded very much they depend on workers.

I do not have much experience with them.

I can recommend very well said person Mr. D. Fernando.

He is recommended by A/L forum also. If you do a search for car tuning threads. On A/L there few recommendations.

There is another person but there were few bad comments about him. For me he is also very good.

Mario Dias of POWER PLUSIII Contact number is 077 7380 77. He is at Battaramulla.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

sampathapg,

Auto Miraj started few years ago, They had few chaps trained from Kleen Park. they have expanded very much they depend on workers.

He is recommended by A/L forum also. If you do a search for car tuning threads. On A/L there few recommendations.

There is another person but there were few bad comments about him. For me he is also very good.

Mario Dias of POWER PLUSIII Contact number is 077 7380 77. He is at Battaramulla.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

May I have the contact details of Mr. Dammika fernando?

Where can I meet him?

Sampath

sampathapg,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So Mario is at Battaramulla now?...Heard he closed shop at Narahenpita.

Edited by MasterDon

MasterDon,

Yes, the property was not belongs to him. I think that was government land. U D A wanted him to vacate the work shop in 2 days he has shifted to his house.

He told me he is doing work there. There was a advertisement on HIT ADD few days back he is in Bathtaramulla.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

What about Auto Miraj?
sampathapg,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I went to this palace in Cotta road some time back.There I met some customer who complain about high fuel consumption after his tuneup.In my case I went this place before a emission test and this guy recommended to put a fuel injection cleaner. But my vehicle pass the emission without any injector cleaning in the same day .

I went to this palace in Cotta road some time back.There I met some customer who complain about high fuel consumption after his tuneup.In my case I went this place before a emission test and this guy recommended to put a fuel injection cleaner. But my vehicle pass the emission without any injector cleaning in the same day .

coolcar,

Did you get any work done by this Dammika, or went their for any consultation?

I am aware there was a car twice test was failed in out of Colombo. Later the test was done in Colombo it was OK.

Emission test in Colombo is very honest not out of Colombo. One owner of the car was requested after the 2nd test failed, to come on next day.

I was told by the owner of that car, he was requested by a person there and he wanted some money to correct the problem.

I do not know how do they manipulate the Computer test to be correct. In Sri Lanka anything is possible.

Any A/L member come across this type of situation.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

This I write under is not related to the thread. But I thought of posting. Emission test came up on few earlier posts.

Happened to a cheap Maruti 800 19-car which I restored in my place, for one of my workers yesterday. This car was tested for emission test on Saturday.

Test was OK. He was advised by the Emission testing place to get the plugs cleaned. After removing the plugs I wanted to do a Compression test.

To do that we removed all plugs, normally run the self starter motor for few seconds to get out any oil inside the cylinders.

When operated the Self starter motor, we found center plug was putting out new coolant what we changed, because a new Radiator was fitted.

Removed the head of the engine the center cylinder gasket was leaking the coolant into the cylinder.There was no engine miss; plugs were new

Last owner told us he did a full engine repair. We traveled on the new highway when we brought the car in December without any problems.

Only suspension and brakes were repaired with a new paint. I am not very conversant on engine problems.

A/L has engine experts I like to get a feed back on this. A/L engine experts, their opinions’ how the Emission test do not show the engine problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe,

For starters, if you wish to go into detail on this issue, I think you should open a new thread for this sylvi.

An emissions test measures only the amount of certain KNOWN gasses/chemicals in your exhaust. So whatever coolant vapour is in your engine/exhaust is not looked for, hence not detected.

It's like going to a hospital and doing a blood-test. They don't perform every known test on your blood. They do just the standard ones which are useful for preliminary diagnosis.