• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Are The Engines, Can Replace 4D56 Engine?

hsk

Question

I want to replace 4D56 engine of my L200 (manufactured in 1987) with engine that have better performance. So what are the engines match with L200 ( My budget is 200,000/-)

10 answers to this question

matching one with better performance would be 4M40T as it can go into L200 with minor modifications. Intercooled turbo charged with 2.8l, hence better performance than 4D56 (N/A 2.5l).

However, 4D56 is a better engine than 4M40T in terms of reliability and wear and tear. Therefore, you can consider 4D56T (turbo charged, 2.5l) as well.

Thanks..As i'm not much familier with technical aspects of engines, pls help me....

whether brandnew 4D56 (turbo charged, 2.5L) available or not?

or reconditioned (YoM...?)

Hi, this sounds interesting. What exactly do you mean by better performance?

If you intend to make it more capable off road, there are better places to start than an engine swap (provided there's nothing much wrong with the existing one). Or is the engine shot and you're simply thinking of going for a better engine rather than replacing it with the same engine mdoel?

I want to replace 4D56 engine of my L200 (manufactured in 1987) with engine that have better performance. So what are the engines match with L200 ( My budget is 200,000/-)

go for a 4D56 with a turbo, recon engine from a palath saba pajero - easiest way

acording to my knowledge, that need some modification to the gear box, but this is what most L200 owners does

if you are lucky, you might find a 4d56 turbo charged, removed from a strada ....... very rare ( and expensive) then it s a direct fit

i have seen few palath saba pajeros repalced with 4m40s but majority are failures, but no L200s

check the engine room size and the mounting places of your vehicle wether it can accomodate a 4m40, but it need a huge modification i suppose

diesel engines are costly these days....... (somebody told me that 4m40 is cheaper than 4d56 these days)

you may not be able to upgrade a 1987 YOM vehicle up to the standered you expect

also in my experience most Mitsu diesels built during that era are with less pulling power when it s compared with a Toyota

so buy a toyota with that 200,000, if you are really worried about the power

Edited by priyanka

brand new? in SL ? most likely not and even if available (through agents) it'll cost a fortune. Turbo charged 2.5L (4D56T) came along with Pajero V35 (as known as computer body in SL market) so you should be able to find a used one imported from elsewhere.

coputer body model spares are rare but v44 (with 4d56) is there everywhere

and v 35 is petrol swb i guess

Edited by priyanka