• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Digital Camera Photography

Magnum

Anybody tried time lapse?

Items used - 

Camera - ION Air Pro Lite (eBay Link)

Settings - Time lapse every 10 seconds at 3MP (did not use full resolution as I thought 3MP enough for HD video) 

Editing software - Windows Movie Maker (This is what I use for all my videos) :) 

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Pericles said:

I've got some mixed reactions to this, what do you guys think?

Peri,

As for you pic sorry I have no clue what to tell about your pic since I see nothing than perfect as I'm no where close to your skills.

Is it possible to do the photoshoot with your Isuzu and share the settings for use? I mean trying to understand how to photoshoot vehicles. Like what focal length  and what aperture to use? Not sure is it good to use wide angle or long focal lengths? 

Contrast high, too much light details of the dress and jewellery lost, little more depth would have got the earrings in focus

If you have the raw file may be you could photo shop to get some of them right.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:45 PM, kmeeg said:

Peri,

As for you pic sorry I have no clue what to tell about your pic since I see nothing than perfect as I'm no where close to your skills.

Is it possible to do the photoshoot with your Isuzu and share the settings for use? I mean trying to understand how to photoshoot vehicles. Like what focal length  and what aperture to use? Not sure is it good to use wide angle or long focal lengths? 

Isuzu has been sold :) 
As far as vehicle shooting goes most of the factors like focal length and aperture depends on your vision and what you wanna convey. You might wanna concentrate on a particular feature of a vehicle, then shallow depth, or have the whole thing, then deep. Wide angle can be useful if you want to include more background, telephoto can be useful to compress the background.

The whole setting issue for vehicles is a huge personal preference thing. The critical thing is the light and reflections. Main, and I mean MAIN thing to not look like an utter doofus, is make sure you aren't reflected in the car on something. At least, visibly :D 

I was just told recently there is a dude with a specialized car shooting warehouse like studio is Sri Lanka. Drop down lighting from the ceiling, etc. Would be fascinating to see that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 8:18 AM, kush said:

Contrast high, too much light details of the dress and jewellery lost, little more depth would have got the earrings in focus

If you have the raw file may be you could photo shop to get some of them right.

Thanks, yes I do have the RAW, I'll try that and see.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:45 PM, kmeeg said:

Peri,

Check this link for tips and chat on shooting vehicles. :)

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119 

Especially this

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70290

Edited by Pericles
  • Thanks 1