• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Digital Camera Photography

Magnum

I dont mean to be so blunt, but I think you would get a lot more feedback on your photography if you joined a photography forum/group. Expecting indepth advice on improving photography from Autolanka is as good as asking people on PhotoLanka to diagnose a rattling sound on your car.

See the work of some photographers out there see who's work that really resonates with your interest and follow them. If possible get to know them personally and build up a relationship with them. That's how most of us did it. Getting constructive criticism from such individuals is a lot more important and useful than getting likes from people who know jack-shit about photography.

All the best: :)

• Like 1

You believe wrong. A 6D is $1400 brand new. $2400 will get you a 5D MkII at least.

I guess it would be very helpful for those how are waiting to buy their next Canon DSLR if you could share a link where they can purchase a Canon 5D Mark III brandnew for $2400. That would be a great deal for them..

This is what i found for now -

Canon 6D wt 24-105mm - Regular Price: $2,499.99 Price - I normally buy from Bestbuy as they price match with many other sites like Amazon - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/eos-6d-digital-slr-camera-with-24-8211105mm-f-4l-is-lens/6776249.p?id=1218807858712&skuId=6776249&st=canon%206d&cp=1&lp=1

Edited by kmeeg

I guess it would be very helpful for those how are waiting to buy their next Canon DSLR if you could share a link where they can purchase a Canon 5D Mark III brandnew for $2400. That would be a great deal for them..

Canon 6D wt 24-105mm - Regular Price: $2,499.99 Price - I normally buy from Bestbuy as they price match with many other sites like Amazon - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/eos-6d-digital-slr-camera-with-24-8211105mm-f-4l-is-lens/6776249.p?id=1218807858712&skuId=6776249&st=canon%206d&cp=1&lp=1]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/eos-6d-digital-slr-camera-with-24-8211105mm-f-4l-is-lens/6776249.p?id=1218807858712&skuId=6776249&st=canon 6d&cp=1&lp=1[/url]

Always get my gear from www.bhphotovideo.com they are giving good offers on deal days (black friday etc). Plus i dont have to pay huge NY taxes if i get it shipped to NJ Where i had stayed while i was in US.

For example, same above will cost only $2000/-

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892354-REG/Canon_8035b009_EOS_6D_Digital_Camera.html?showMap=N

Edited by Ruslan

Always get my gear from www.bhphotovideo.com they are giving good offers on deal days (black friday etc). Plus i dont have to pay huge NY taxes if i get it shipped to NJ Where i had stayed while i was in US.

For example, same above will cost only $2000/-

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892354-REG/Canon_8035b009_EOS_6D_Digital_Camera.html?showMap=N

Best buy do price match with B&H too. Only bad thing is u have to pay tax. But peace of mind if there is any issue. I normally do price match with Rakuten.com. They give great deals. All the time after paying tax also i get some good price. Even they do this for online orders. I did the same thing for my 70-200 f2.8 lens. I did price match with rakuten.com When u buy check the prices from all sellers in Best buy low price guarantee list. On top of that u get gift certificates for the point u get on each purchase. When u are a Elite+ customer you get more points per purchase.. :sport-smiley-004:

KMeeg..

I dont mean to be so blunt, but I think you would get a lot more feedback on your photography if you joined a photography forum/group. Expecting indepth advice on improving photography from Autolanka is as good as asking people on PhotoLanka to diagnose a rattling sound on your car.

See the work of some photographers out there see who's work that really resonates with your interest and follow them. If possible get to know them personally and build up a relationship with them. That's how most of us did it. Getting constructive criticism from such individuals is a lot more important and useful than getting likes from people who know jack-shit about photography.

All the best: :)

I post my pics to Flickr, i get good response there :D

Canon 6D wt 24-105mm - Regular Price: $2,499.99 Price - I normally buy from Bestbuy as they price match with many other sites like Amazon - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/eos-6d-digital-slr-camera-with-24-8211105mm-f-4l-is-lens/6776249.p?id=1218807858712&skuId=6776249&st=canon%206d&cp=1&lp=1

I said Mk 2, not Mk 3. Check again :P

And the price you have put includes a lens. I said a 6D is $1400, not a 6D with a lens kit that includes an L lens :P

Magnum, this a different strokes for different folks thing. I like your shots, but it has too much colour saturation for my tastes. Its a personal preference thing, if you like it, then you like it, I'm just saying my POV. I actually prefer a little less than neutral saturation myself, but mostly can't do it like that when shooting for payment.

And sony lenses are quite expensive compared to equivelant Nikon or Canon lens right?

And I didn't realise there was much of a price difference between similarly equipped Canon and Nikon cameras. I'm quite new to DSLRs and I decided to go with a 60D as my first one. Cropped sensor yes but I thought that the 60D had the best balance between entry level and professional cameras. The first one up the Canon line with the top LCD, which gives a couple of direct controls. And I love the button layout - all on to the right hand. All in all I'm very happy with my choice.

I don't think Sony lens are, possibly the Carl Zeiss glass. Those are expensive optics. Very high quality. But then, I haven't exactly checked. No use in checking for me.

I still have my 60 too :) Love it. Primary shooting with my 70D now tho.

I don't think Sony lens are, possibly the Carl Zeiss glass. Those are expensive optics. Very high quality. But then, I haven't exactly checked. No use in checking for me.

I still have my 60 too :) Love it. Primary shooting with my 70D now tho.

I waited for the 70D to come out expecting that would drop the 60D price...it didn't.

I recently stumbled upon the Digital Rev store while looking for a lens. Seems like they have very very low prices. They also ship for free and they say that any duties will be billed to them! Meaning you pay what is listed and that's it! I haven't had time to look into this in detail or how this will go down with our customs, but might be worth having a look at.

I waited for the 70D to come out expecting that would drop the 60D price...it didn't.

I recently stumbled upon the Digital Rev store while looking for a lens. Seems like they have very very low prices. They also ship for free and they say that any duties will be billed to them! Meaning you pay what is listed and that's it! I haven't had time to look into this in detail or how this will go down with our customs, but might be worth having a look at.

Thanks for the tip. I never checked Digital Rev store. i was only watching their videos. Looks like thier prices are generally. cheap.. :sport-smiley-004: But sometimes Rakuten might be cheaper. Look at below example;

Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VRII

Best buy - $ 2399.99

Mikes Camera - $ 2399.99

Adorama - $2396.95

Allens camera - $2396.95

B&H Photo - $2396.95

Cameta - $2396.95

Digital Rev - $2249.00 - http://www.digitalrev.com/product/nikon-af-s-nikkor-70/NzQwNA_A_A

Rakuten - $2127.39 - http://www.rakuten.com/prod/nikon-70-200mm-f-2-8g-ed-vr-ii-af-s-nikkor-zoom-lens-for-nikon-digital/228763000.html

Anyways thanks for the Info.. I will check on Digital Rev too when buying something..

Those who are looking for Speedlite here is a small tip -

I bought couple of cheap Yongnuo YN468 II I-TTL Flash Speedlite for Nikon for $76 each and works great. It work great as off camera flash with commander mode. This is available for both Canon and Nikon. I was even able to use them with my Sony point and shoot camera. Only problem i have so far was the spring for defuser broke but still manage to pull it and close. I bought them in July last year and still works. I used it with nikon D3200 and now with Nikon D610 works great to-date.

Tip when using with point and shoot - Switch the speedlite mode to slave, select flash mode in point and shoot camera some thing like 'Backlight mode' or some thing. You will get good images even at low light with low ISO on your point and shoot. If normal flash mode is used your pics will be darker.

Hope this helps..

YN-468IINGD1.jpg?t=1338865871

Hi All,

I took some photos at Forney Transportation Museum in Denver CO, USA. Photos are not that good since i only took a telephoto lens and there is not much space to use a telephoto lens. Did not take my camera bag as they do not allow to take any bags. But hope you guys will like photos of old cars.

Link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kasunmeegahapola/sets/72157642830712704/

Kmeeg.

so i was using that sony dslr didnt really like it and turns out it was a very old cam.

its over 10 years old so guess the photos arnt that bad. it was a DSC-F828

Some shots i took with it

13408411883_58b31c90db_b.jpg

13408664164_daf6c3d7c3_b.jpg

13408287605_f873b4df20_b.jpg

13408795523_984d490cfa_b.jpg

so i was using that sony dslr didnt really like it and turns out it was a very old cam.

13408411883_58b31c90db_b.jpg

13408664164_daf6c3d7c3_b.jpg

13408287605_f873b4df20_b.jpg

13408795523_984d490cfa_b.jpg

Pics look very good Schiffer.. Wish you were here to visit Forney Transportation Museum too. There were many many old cars, Bikes, Trucks, Trains with very good condition. I was only able to capture few bcos i went with my 3 yr old (You know 3 yr olds always up to disaster..). Anyways anyone who can come to Denver CO USA and who really like classics this is a great place to visit. Link - http://www.forneymuseum.org/

Kmeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

F828 isn't a DSLR :) But it was a very good cam, some of my friends had it. One of those things that got me hooked on the subject. 8X zoom back in the day. I remember is had this funky IR mode...

F828 isn't a DSLR :) But it was a very good cam, some of my friends had it. One of those things that got me hooked on the subject. 8X zoom back in the day. I remember is had this funky IR mode...

since i had a small time with the cam i couldnt figure out most of the function on that cam, hell it too me hours to find the flasher and macro mode buttons.

but for a old cam its not too bad.

since i had a small time with the cam i couldnt figure out most of the function on that cam, hell it too me hours to find the flasher and macro mode buttons.

but for a old cam its not too bad.

This is a link i found about Sony RX 100. Looks its one of the best point and shoot cameras..

Link - http://www.thephoblographer.com/2012/09/26/review-sony-rx100/#.UzUQRvldVyw

Kmeeg.

This is a link i found about Sony RX 100. Looks its one of the best point and shoot cameras..

Link - http://www.thephoblographer.com/2012/09/26/review-sony-rx100/#.UzUQRvldVyw

Kmeeg.

nice, i have used something similar to this, Nikon 1 J1 that too was a damn nice camera

• 4 weeks later...
13983208935_76e8b43645_b.jpg

13959065595_8641064e8c_b.jpg

Nice shots Magnum.. I've never seen a Lotus Elise in real life.. Wish had a chance to test drive but i dnt see them in dealerships also.. :( Also what are those vans? Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey (Shape looks same) but have no clue what that badge is.. :)

Edited by kmeeg

Nice shots Magnum.. I've never seen a Lotus Elise in real life.. Wish had a chance to test drive but i dnt see them in dealerships also.. :( Also what are those vans? Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey (Shape looks same) but have no clue what that badge is.. :)

I was the only one who cared about the Elise, others didn't even bat an eye :P

Those vans are Toyota Alphard, they are super luxury vans

2013 Chevy Camaro -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kasunmeegahapola/sets/72157644287614686/

PS - Sorry i'm unable to share the individual pics from flickr as i'm getting an error 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.' So please visit the album from above link.

KMeeg..

Nice pics! what device are you using? i couldnt find the EXIF data

• 3 weeks later...