• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Digital Camera Photography

Magnum

KMeeg, your point-n-shoot photos are excellent!

Thank you Jaliya..

Solid shots, but very over saturated for my tastes. Its all cool, different strokes -

I don't understand why people diss P&S. You can do plenty with them if you know what you are doing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/preveen/sets/72157618856735954/

Thanks alot Pericles.. Just the kind of comments needed to improve. Will make sure to keep saturation at average level. Please keep on giving these kind of comments so everyone will learn.

Also about P&S;

1. I was never able to produce good pics out of P&S until i bought my first DSLR the D3200. That is the point i started to research / learn about the first 3 basics of ISO, Shutter speed, Aperture.

2. I did not have any idea about the lenses / image sensor size come with P&S. Eg 'Carl Zeiss' lenses coming with Sony P&S cameras or better image sensors coming with cameras like Sony RX 100ii (and many more awesome P&S cameras with other manufactures). I was just hunting for mega pixels and ended up with basic quality P&S with high mega pixels.

3. Until i get my first DSLR i could not do much post-production. Eg Nikon DSLR comes with Nikon ViewNX which gives plenty of options for post-production. When i had my P&S i was using Microsoft picture manager which comes with MS Office which has basic controls from cropping, brightness, contrast & adjusting mids. (may be few more which i did not use)

4. At the time of P&S i never read any articles or watch any training videos about photography. Now when ever i get some time i watch training videos on Youtube, read articles from http://www.slrlounge.com/, Buy mags like 'Popular Photography' (http://www.magazine-agent.com-sub.info/Popular-Photography/Welcome). Which was a good way to learn.

5. I never joined any photography forums like Flicker / Picasa until last year. But now i watch the pics from others in Flickr and see the camera settings that they used and try to do the same thing. And if its from your friend try to contact them and ask how they do it or search on youtube. For eg - Even take this thread. No one told me that my saturation is too much until now. May be they think ppl will feel bad if they tell about their mistakes. But for learners its the best help.

Hope these points help to those who just started even with a P&S. Happy shooting,

KMeeg.

Thanks alot Pericles.. Just the kind of comments needed to improve. Will make sure to keep saturation at average level. Please keep on giving these kind of comments so everyone will learn.

KMeeg.

No no no, thats not a critique and say you should do it my way. Look, check this -

http://fundamentallypre.blogspot.com/2009/12/random-thoughts-on-style.html

Different people have different tastes. Just coz I prefer less saturation, doesn't mean you should follow that. The final decision should rest with you. Doesn't matter what other people say, it should be your decision, coz, hey, its your work. The only time you work to make other people happy is if someone pays you to do it their way. Its just an artist thing. Maybe someday you can be enough of an artist to insist to a client that you do it your way, stick to your artistic vision (that is why he will be paying you big bucks) of go to hell, but that is when you have properly made it.

The tl;dr summary : Its all on you.

KMeeg, those are some nice pictures. I love the composition of them. Saturation is a bit on the high side for me too. Although I bump up saturation myself. It comes down to personal preference I guess.

And you're right about P&S cameras. Until I got myself a DSLR, all I did was flick to auto and shoot away. Daunting as they are, I found it easier to master the DSLR than my P&S. The P&S controls seems to make more sense now as well :D

you mean like this? ;)

Hahahahaa! Exactly! :D

Yours look like it's thinking "did you feel that? I think my bed just moved!" :D

Edited by Davy

@ Jaliya : Thanks ! an excellent hunter he is

@Davy : For some reason he is quite afraid of vehicles, before this one I had a cat that destroyed my wagonR's bonnet with its claws. That one loved to sleep on the bonnet when it's warm and there were scratch marks everywhere. I used to empty a bucket full of water on him whenever I found him sleeping on my bonnet :D

NPP : shoo that cat away man! :D

Edited by Bracket

@ Jaliya : Thanks ! an excellent hunter he is

@Davy : For some reason he is quite afraid of vehicles, before this one I had a cat that destroyed my wagonR's bonnet with its claws. That one loved to sleep on the bonnet when it's warm and there were scratch marks everywhere. I used to empty a bucket full of water on him whenever I found him sleeping on my bonnet :D

NPP : shoo that cat away man! :D

Oh yeah, been there... many times with my previous car. Anyway, nice cat. We had two looking exactly like that.

Orphans...

14249877328_8c1cb9c7bb_b.jpg

Hi Bracket,

Very cute little one..

Since in this thread we discuss about Digital photography i would suggest you could have pay a little more attention about your ISO level in your camera. Camera pro's please correct me if i'm wrong. I think the ISO level of the shot is pretty high and i see some noise in the shot..

In simple, have a look at this-

ISO-200-and-ISO-3200-650x216.jpg

Sorry if you already know about this, but hope this might help for every one who does not know. Photography pro's - please correct me if i have said anything wrong..

KMeeg.

• Like 1

@Kmeeg: I shot the pic using automatic settings :D should try reducing ISO.

@Jaliya: yep, took them in when they were only 6 days old, they hadn't open their eyes then. feeding goat milk ever since using an eyedropper. so far no problems, all 3 kittens are healthy, now about 4 weeks old. :)

Edited by Bracket

Guys,

Those who are looking to learn photography hope this will help. I downloaded a torrent called 'Kelby Training Collection' which is 78.1GB with 125 disk images. This contains many training videos from DSLR basics - Post production and other advance techniques. I started watching these videos couple of days back and liked very much and hope it helps you too.

If you find difficult to find it check in 'Kickass Torrents' site, search for 'Kelby' and sort for size largest. There you will find a 78.1GB torrent. And those who have Windows 8.1 you don't need any software to open the image files. It will mount with just one a click.. For others there are many small software which you can mount a virtual disk.

Great training video and highly recommend it..

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

Kelby training is among the best in the biz. They have plenty of stuff on youtube, and a big presence on Google +.

Thanks Pericles for the info. I will check. BTW i checked your ones as well and very good to learn.

Thanks Magnum. I never came across this one. Will watch those too..

• 1 month later...
14716061345_8c49b6eb21_b.jpg

Congratz again and very nice car Bracket. I wish they would provide the side mirrors with body color (Just my thought mate may be you like this way). Anyways love the sharp look of the Lancer. And also hope that you will not try to put evo body kit and crew the look of this beauty.. Post some more pics too bro...(although i have seen some in other threads :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...