• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

92 Octane Petrol

gada

Found out that when using 92 Octane petrol the fuel efficiency has dropped and car isn't running as smooth as before.

I was using 90 Octane previously and problems started immediately after the switch.

Has anyone else in this forum experienced a similar issue?

Found out that when using 92 Octane petrol the fuel efficiency has dropped and car isn't running as smooth as before.

I was using 90 Octane previously and problems started immediately after the switch.

Has anyone else in this forum experienced a similar issue?

If they are pure 92 Octane, then it should give you a more smooth drive. So far I haven't experienced anything bad than 90 Oct from 92 Oct. You may having a different problem with your car.

Members,

My Maruti Omni 30000 Km, done so far no problems up to today. only cleaned the throttle body at 15000 Km.

Till 31st December 90 Octane petrol I was averaging of 11 Km/L to 12.8 in Colombo. 15 to 16 out of Colombo.

New 92 Octane petrol I have so far average of 13.1 Km/L Colombo and out of Colombo mixed. No difference in pick up.

Will try to give more later. I always use Acetone 5% with full tank. Fuel additive which is not recommended by A/L members.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 months later...

Ajwad : Caveat Emptor. As Sylvi himself points out, its not recommended by many A/L users. Using higher flashpoint fuel in engines designed to run lower might actually cause you issues in the long run, so do yourself a favor and stick the the manufacturer recommended fuel unless you know what you are doing.

Sylvi might be excited at reaching 30k kms on his engine, but Sylvi has a use it a short time and sell it to some poor sucker mentality. Its like the time he wholeheartedly recommended the Nano to all and sundry but then had to eat crow when it proved to be junk.

From where can i get acetone????

Also note that if you have a 50l tank and you are pumping 92, you spend enough money adding Acetone to pump a further 3.6l of normal petrol. Assuming the vehicle gets 10kmpl, thats a further 36kms. Does the acetone you add get you better than 36km on the full tank? Is it worth the cost of fouling up your engine?

Swap the numbers around to suit your own fuel capacity and mileage and see what you get first.

Oh, an Crosswind, Don't call the old man a senile idiot. Apparently he finds it offensive and its against the stated rules of the forum to call people offensive things, yada, yada, yada.

Ajwad : Caveat Emptor. As Sylvi himself points out, its not recommended by many A/L users. Using higher flashpoint fuel in engines designed to run lower might actually cause you issues in the long run, so do yourself a favor and stick the the manufacturer recommended fuel unless you know what you are doing.

Sylvi might be excited at reaching 30k kms on his engine, but Sylvi has a use it a short time and sell it to some poor sucker mentality. Its like the time he wholeheartedly recommended the Nano to all and sundry but then had to eat crow when it proved to be junk.

Also note that if you have a 50l tank and you are pumping 92, you spend enough money adding Acetone to pump a further 3.6l of normal petrol. Assuming the vehicle gets 10kmpl, thats a further 36kms. Does the acetone you add get you better than 36km on the full tank? Is it worth the cost of fouling up your engine?

Swap the numbers around to suit your own fuel capacity and mileage and see what you get first.

Oh, an Crosswind, Don't call the old man a senile idiot. Apparently he finds it offensive and its against the stated rules of the forum to call people offensive things, yada, yada, yada.

Moderator, Mr. P. Rodrigo,

First of all thank you for your post.

YES.CORRECT I AM A OLD MAN 70+ YEARS OLD. STILL ACTIVE.

I am aware this post will never appear in THIS A/L THREAD.

Under is for your information.

MANY A/L MEMBERS HAD GOT MY ADVICE ON VARIOUS AUTOMOBILE PROBLEMS.

I still use for full tank ½ a bottle of Acetone in my cheap Indian Mruti omni. 32000 Kilometers’ done with no problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Pericles
All the irrelevant BS has been removed.