• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2014

MasterDon

This time last year everyone thought this year Ferrari line up would be strongest. Even Vettle and Alonso partnering wont help Ferrari if the car cant deliver. I really hope it does next year who ever is on it. Its been too long....

I don't think the iceman has lost his motivation. Certain car characteristics seem to be preferred by certain drivers (a bit like how Vettel doesn't seem to like the current setup as much as Ricciardo) and Kimi haven't got to grips with the front end grip on offer on the latest Ferrari.

Having said that this is why Alonso is a true great because he can drive the pants off a tree trunk if he had to! Might be a bit moody but a true genius.

Yes Ferrari have been struggling with drivability.They've sidelined Pat Fry and are pinning all their hopes on James Allison,who has turned out some fantastic cars over the years, to design better package for next year.

But Ferrari and Renault are still down on power and fuel efficiency compared Mercedes engines.So it's a safe bet Merc will take the championship next year too...unless Honda turn up with a cracker of an engine.

I think things will be more even between the engines next year. The design that gives the Mercedes engine its power advantage is well understood. Ironically Ferrari considered the same design but opted for a half way house which is not as effective. So both Ferrari and Renault should catch up.

R*D B*LL still has a lot going for them, so if they resolve the power issue, that car should be very competitive.

Now Lotus is going to have a merc engine.

Well Pastor is going to do more harm in the front of the grid than from in the back,

There is rumors that Hami is joining Mclearn-honda next year due to the german owned team favoring Rosberg, but not sure, if that happens Alonso's quietness may be that he is jumping inside a merc next year.

What ever happens i hope Alonso gets a competitive car, he may not be the 4 times world champion but he's the best driver in the grid, and if he's taking sabatical i may remove my subscription for star sports HD for next year.

F1 will not be nice without him

I also think Kimi has not lost motivation. its the car like Don said. Any one remember the 2005 season? Suzuka 2005? The battle between Kimi and Alonso?

McLaren would use a heavy fuel load and even qualify on pole. or even if an engine change is done Kimi would win from the back. maybe Ferrari could use a Adrian newey design....

Even though I said I'd love to see VET and ALO in the same car - I now realized that it would take a team with deeeeeeeeep pockets and a team principal with steel balls to realize that! Don't think McLaren has the dough, don't think Ferrari has the balls ... so :(

What do you guys think of closed cockpit cars as being touted by some in F1 circles. I don't think they offer a real solution to driver safety in a crash like Bianchi's, plus will add more issues to contend with;

iacoski_fx-i1_concept_speed_1200px1.jpg

Even though I said I'd love to see VET and ALO in the same car - I now realized that it would take a team with deeeeeeeeep pockets and a team principal with steel balls to realize that! Don't think McLaren has the dough, don't think Ferrari has the balls ... so :(

What do you guys think of closed cockpit cars as being touted by some in F1 circles. I don't think they offer a real solution to driver safety in a crash like Bianchi's, plus will add more issues to contend with;

iacoski_fx-i1_concept_speed_1200px1.jpg

There are many issues with closed cockpits like visibility, driver cabin climate control, rain water dispensation etc. When car design wasn't so controlled there used to be some cars with closed cock pits for aerodynamic reasons. I think it will be quite tough because doing it for aerodynamic reasons is one thing, but doing it for safety is totally different, and doing it to prevent drivers like Bianci and Massa being hurt even more difficult.

For an accident like what happened to Bianci, I think a lower speed under double yellows is probably a better solution. Its not just the drivers at risk but the marshals trying to get the crashed car off the track.

Edited by The Don

Oh gawd what a boring race.The track seems ok,but Pirelli has been too conservative with the tyre compounds...Mr.Putin should have kicked out Bernie and tried a hostile take over to spice things up.

it was so boring,

I was sparing my nails for some good action between the silver arrows but Ros forgot to tighten his seat belt (as some say).

And Hami was having a relaxing sunday drive enjoying the scenery.

The thing that kept me wondering is why Hami was didn't come to Putin for a while when Burney and the other drivers where talking with him, he was combing his hair and kind of ignoring the president of the host country ??????

• 2 weeks later...

USGP this weekend.

I have to agree with the old midget and the USGP promoter here,In becoming more eco friendly and politically correct, F1 may lose it's core audience.The show has suffered....Plus I thought one of the so called benifits of the slower and quieter cars was lower costs.Now we've lost two teams in one go.Sauber and Lotus are not looking healthy either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ3wY-2t4Hg

Edited by MasterDon

Next race? He's in a Coma and nobody will know when he'll get up.. unlucky crash it was..

Yes thank you Captain Obvious.That comment was made immediately after the crash when information was scarce.Now that a month has gone we're all wiser...Please look at the post dates before quoting and replying.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The question is where will Alonso join. There is strong suggestion he will join McLaren and who his partner will be is another question.

Who will Jenson Button drive for next year.

On other news Jules Bianchi is now out of his coma and breathing unaided. He is still unconcious however, and has been flown back to France to recouperate.

There are also reports that Michael Shumacher is now in a wheel char and paralysed, though is improving little by little. He apparently has speech and memory problems as well, which is to be expected after such a serious brain injury.

I'm sort of glad that Alonso is leaving to be honest,I still believe he is the best driver on the grid but It is time for a change....Plus according to some F1 blogs the reason Massa and Raikkonen both struggled with their cars while ALO trounced them,was that the car was tailor made for Alonso's driving style.Ofcourse it's usual for teams to design a car more suited for their No.1 driver but this time they took it a bit far is what I'm hearing.

Regarding the championship.Hamilton should have this in the bag,But something tells me there's another twist to this story...Anyways we'll see Sunday.Hopefully it'll be sorted out on track without either retiring or crashing out.

Caterham will be racing this weekend...pity about Marussia.Those two points at Monaco and what happened with Jules was all for nothing.

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRqfnja99YU

Edited by MasterDon

Well I didn't get my wish for it to be a straight fight on track but we have a new world champion.Congrats to HAM!...Props to Rosberg too,guy showed a lot of character when everything was going wrong for him...And let's not forget the fact the guy out qualified Lewis through out the season,the latter was supposed to be the quickest man over one lap.

Edited by MasterDon

• 2 weeks later...
either a die hard fan or a disgruntled fan...

the comments section is indeed entertaining

Yeah lol..

This seems like a proper robbery than a typical smash and grab done by a fan though.Those trophies would fetch quite a penny on the black market.