• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2014

MasterDon

If we are to believe reports, Bernie was pushing for the points of last three races to be doubled and limiting it to Abu Dhabi was a compromise by the team bosses.

The only point going for it is to keep the TV and media interest growing till the last moment, which obviously is a big deal when it comes to money making.

Also, the next year's entry fee is going to be determined by your points in the current season, so this increment has an impact there too.

As a team or a driver, if your car is reliable and if you're consistent - you wouldn't really worry about the double points, IMHO.

And what if actually there is a three-way or even a four-way race in Abu Dhabhi (!) for the title, would we complain then or embrace it?

(say Raikkonnen is leading the championship by 40 points and he is rammed out of the race by his former team mate in the first lap, I'd love to see how many Kimi fans would smash their TV sets :) )

If we are to believe reports, Bernie was pushing for the points of last three races to be doubled and limiting it to Abu Dhabi was a compromise by the team bosses.

The only point going for it is to keep the TV and media interest growing till the last moment, which obviously is a big deal when it comes to money making.

Also, the next year's entry fee is going to be determined by your points in the current season, so this increment has an impact there too.

As a team or a driver, if your car is reliable and if you're consistent - you wouldn't really worry about the double points, IMHO.

And what if actually there is a three-way or even a four-way race in Abu Dhabhi (!) for the title, would we complain then or embrace it?

(say Raikkonnen is leading the championship by 40 points and he is rammed out of the race by his former team mate in the first lap, I'd love to see how many Kimi fans would smash their TV sets :) )

That's going to hit the smaller teams more than anyone else. I doubt the top teams even bother too much about how much the annual entry fee is, but for the smaller teams trying hard to scrape every dollar possible, it's just not going to help at all.

Hi guys.... So the first pre season testing is over... Mercedes looks strong and reliable and the Ferrari is in the mix.... The Renault power unit is giving trouble and so as the Redbull car it self... Newey is doing some redesigning.... After the testing all the Renault powered cars (except Lotus) have an idea of what has gone wrong and what needs to be done.... I am wondering how Lotus is going to react for this situation even without participating for the first test....

I thought the engine manufacturers were facilitating some sort of information sharing between their teams during the two rounds of testing. So Lotus would partially depend on the feedback and changes coming from Renault, not that it would substitute for the first hand information they missed.

The Ferrari's while being definitively slower than the Mercs might benefit from the 'claimed' differences in turbo management that signals at better energy recovery and fuel efficiency. Still if that means (s)lower qualifying and better races - still don't see any significant change from last year.

Oh, forgot that Lotus will get up to 100km of running for their 'filming day' at Jerez. I assume they will be running the car with latest mods by Renault and their output on the 'filming day' could be an indicator of any improvements.

• 3 weeks later...

A vote on who will have the edge in the battle of the team mates '14

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/03/08/will-win-battle-team-mates-2014/

With their updated livery Williams look to have the most eye-pleasing car of 2014, a car that's likely to claim podiums at the onset.

It's going to be a real toss up in Australia and I'm rooting for scuderia to end up on podium among the mercs, williams & mclarens.

Yet another season begins tomorrow. But this time with so many changes and the sound is clearly different from all these years. Hamilton takes the pole in Albert park tomorrow. Cant wait to see how the race goes.

Seriously? Has the interest in f1 dipped so much? :D

Even the last boring season saw comparatively more action from the AL gang!

Anybody willing to declare RBR as cheaters OR FIA as utterly stupid, following the flowgate scandal?

• 6 months later...

Goodness totally forgot about this thread...Sorry guys.

I've watched nearly every race though.The cars sound like vacuum cleaners but the racing has been good on track don't you think?

Japanese GP tommorow morning.

Anyway big news today is Vettel has left RBR and will be joining Ferrari...I would have preferred Hulkenberg or Bianchi...Ah well, I have no choice but to support the guy now,kinda weird since I spent the last 4 years hating and bashing the bugger.

Alonso to McLaren-Honda.

Well both Vettel's and Fernando's destinations are bit in the dark even now isn't it? The vibes in the F1 blogsphere gives TWO possible 2015 destinations for each;

Fernando either taking a sabbatical or going to McLaren, while Vettel is still in talks with BOTH Ferrari and McLaren. Of course, Fernando still holds the option of remaining at Ferrari - and it's unlikely that Marnello will pay $60M just to kick him out but I also think it's unlikely for him to remain.

Looks like Merc is not an option for any of these guys as ROS and HAM has both been more or less confirmed in their announcement yesterday.

I still have not discounted the option of seeing Fernando and Vettel in the same car :)

I still have not discounted the option of seeing Fernando and Vettel in the same car :)

Wow that'd be awesome.Possibly the strongest pairing ever if it happens.Right up there with Moss,Fangio and Senna,Prost.

Ofcourse that'll mean Kimi is out.But I feel the Iceman has lost his motivation yet again at Ferrari so it may be for the best.Maybe a move to McLaren to partner MAG?...I for one won't be terribly sad if Button is out of a seat next year.

Edited by MasterDon